PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...6max

tbach24
04-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I decided to throw my hat into the ring at 6max. I know it's been done before, but I'm too lazy to use the search function. Anyone wanna give me the outline for PF play?

tbach24
04-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Ok, I'll ask some specific questions:

In first two positions, is it okay to limp SCs?
In LP, should I be stealing a lot with hands like 87o, 64o, etc?
What's the lowest PP to raise with in EP? LP? Out of the blinds?
What's the weakest Ace I should raise with in EP? LP? How about the weakest King?
Do you notice that the fish are stealing more blinds?

This is prob a bit much, so I will understand if you guys don't get to everything, I just wanna get a general understanding of how things are working.

twankerr
04-01-2005, 10:07 PM
its poker, go play it.

i find NL shorthanded poker is the closest thing to a "feel" game while playing online

tbach24
04-01-2005, 10:36 PM
KJo out of the SB with 1 UTG limper who had limped a little but not too much...raise? BB has called 1 button raise out of like 4-5 I've made.

Allinlife
04-01-2005, 11:25 PM
1) often it is wrong to limp with small scs, I'll play 98s
2) don't steal blinds without decent hands, have at least 78s or JT+
3) I only raise 99+, and probably limp it in SB/BB if it's 3~4 handed

4) I raise AT+ in EP probably a8 in button (no strict rules on this, sometimes I'd limp AJo UTG, sometimes I raise)

5) limp KQ EP, raise KJ+ MP Raise K8s on button if folded to

6) no I don't really notice the relation between fish and blind stealing

george w of poker
04-02-2005, 02:47 AM
i think 19/9 to 22/12 is optimal for these games. (vpip/pfr)

mason55
04-02-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to throw my hat into the ring at 6max. I know it's been done before, but I'm too lazy to use the search function. Anyone wanna give me the outline for PF play?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on man, how long have you been here? i don't even post in SSNL any more and I can think of a bunch of fimbul's and bobbofitos' posts about this.

Yeknom58
04-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Limp less, raise more, steal more, limp re-raise more.

AncientPC
04-02-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think 19/9 to 22/12 is optimal for these games. (vpip/pfr)

[/ QUOTE ]

NL (and particularly 6-max) is about post-flop moreso than pre-flop. Those PFR numbers are pretty good though.

My VP$IP varies from 25 - 30%, and I know that fimbul's hovers around 45% or so.

When you first start off in 6-max, play the same way as you would in ring except push those marginal situations a bit more. You're more likely to be ahead with medium kicker in 6-max than in full.

Eventually you get to a point to where any hand that you would limp with, you raise in LP. You'll start re-raising with a lot more hands than just AA - QQ pre-flop.

Whether or not you can limp with the same range of hands or more really depends on the table.