PDA

View Full Version : Maynard (Tool) Discovers Jesus (No april fools??)

mason55
04-01-2005, 09:22 PM
I think this might be real. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I hope it doesn't affect his music.

Maynard + Jesus (http://toolband.com/news/)

brassnuts
04-01-2005, 09:25 PM
As much as I really don't give a crap, this smells of April Fools.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
04-01-2005, 09:26 PM
ICP calimed they found jesus. I think that was for real, which makes them even bigger noobs.

mason55
04-01-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As much as I really don't give a crap, this smells of April Fools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... it was posted yesterday and specifically says it's not a joke.

Not usually the sign of an april fool's prank. Maynard's crazy though so who knows

mason55
04-01-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ICP calimed they found jesus. I think that was for real, which makes them even bigger noobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that like they were above the bottom of the barrel to begin with.

trying2learn
04-01-2005, 09:32 PM
i always get a kick out of people, "finding" jesus...i'm sure this has been discussed before, but what the hell kind of a term is that to use for becoming religious?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
04-01-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that like they were above the bottom of the barrel to begin with.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe

PhatTBoll
04-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Link to Toolshed post (http://toolshed.down.net/0000.html)

Very well could be real, but I have my reservations. If it is, mason55, I hope you understand that I'll have to brutally murder you for being the one to call this to my attention.

uw_madtown
04-01-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this might be real. Not that there's anything wrong with that but I hope it doesn't affect his music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to say I heard about this a week or two ago, so I don't think it's an April Fool's thing.

daryn
04-01-2005, 09:53 PM
you guys are the real tools. a guy gets religious and you all flip out. to each his own.

mason55
04-01-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys are the real tools. a guy gets religious and you all flip out. to each his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think anyone's flipping out. in fact i specifically said i don't care. all i'm saying is that i think it will affect his music since he had many good songs that were very anti-religion and he was inspired by his feelings on how religion affected society.

i'm not asking him to change for me, just saying that i liked his music and i think it will be different now, which makes me sad. i think you're the one that flipped out actually.

PhatTBoll
04-01-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The link I posted implies that the band will be on hiatus because of this. That's the part that disappoints me.

daryn
04-01-2005, 10:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

The link I posted implies that the band will be on hiatus because of this. That's the part that disappoints me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes sense. my bad for not reading the link.

trying2learn
04-01-2005, 10:04 PM
maynard's christian album should be interesting.

brassnuts
04-01-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking forward to a Tool Christmas album.

trying2learn
04-01-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking foward to a Tool Christmas album.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Very Tool Christmas....brilliant.

ChoicestHops
04-02-2005, 02:58 AM
He really didnt like Christianity for years. I wonder what happened with him.

mason55
04-02-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He really didnt like Christianity for years. I wonder what happened with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Choices always were a problem for you,
What you need is someone strong to guide you.

Living blind and dumb and bored to follow,

If you want to you get your soul to heaven,
Trust in me now don't you judge or question,
You are broken now but faith can heal you,
Just do everything I tell you to do.

Living blind and dumb and bored to follow,

Living blind and dumb and bored to follow
Let me place my holy hand up hand upon you

ET CETERA ET CETERA.

that's my point /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 03:00 AM
I will try not to overstate or melodramatize my response.

Holf f*cking sh*t, no Goddamned f*cking way.

This looks credible, yet seems incredible. Anyone who wrote "Eulogy" ("Come down/get off your f*cking cross") and "Judith" (F*ck your God, your lord, your Christ") and has always referred to Christians as "X-tians" doesn't GET to "find Jesus." Case closed.

It's really bad news if it's true and it shuts down Tool.

I should have known something was wrong when he did that damned duet with Tori Amos.

DAMN!

GrekeHaus
04-02-2005, 03:04 AM
[censored].

wacki
04-02-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will try not to overstate or melodramatize my response.

Holf f*cking sh*t, no Goddamned f*cking way.

This looks credible, yet seems incredible. Anyone who wrote "Eulogy" ("Come down/get off your f*cking cross") and "Judith" (F*ck your God, your lord, your Christ") and has always referred to Christians as "X-tians" doesn't GET to "find Jesus." Case closed.

It's really bad news if it's true and it shuts down Tool.

I should have known something was wrong when he did that damned duet with Tori Amos.

DAMN!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I'm cool with religion and all. But I can't believe a man that wrote this:

"Opiate"

Choices always were a problem for you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
what you need is someone strong to guide you..
like me, like me, like me, like me

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me .
Now don't you judge or question.
You are broken now ,
but faith can heal you.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks out,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you.

[x2]
Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now
Open my eyes and blind me with your light

If you want to get your soul to heaven,
trust in me .
Now don't you judge or question.
You are broken now ,
but faith can heal you.

[x2]
Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now.
Open my eyes, blind me with your light now.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,
Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will
becomes me.
When he speaks,
he speaks through me.
He has needs
like I do.
We both want
to rape you

suddenly finds religion. There is no [censored] way. But you have a good point about the Tori Amos thing.

Dantes
04-02-2005, 03:52 AM
I want to get down on my knees and start pleasing jesus
I want to feel his salvation all over my face

private joker
04-02-2005, 08:16 AM
I can't believe you guys all fell for this. It's an April Fool's joke.

fishsauce
04-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah, anyone who has followed MJK's life and work could in no way believe this. MJK + Jesus has a lower probability than Billy Graham joining the Islamic Jihad....

"You [censored] disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way."

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds all well and good, but otherwise intelligent individuals do not pull a prank by insisting that it is not a prank, which is what happened here.

If it is, indeed, an April Fool's joke, it's just lame and stupid.

Of course, that way, we might actually get another Tool CD, so I guess that would be OK with me.

But it sure would feel like the brand of bad joke that makes you say "Damn, that was not funny on a couple of levels--first, it's just not a funny joke, and second, now I think you're sort of an [censored]."

Like the "Hey--my mother died of cancer/Just kidding" wacky joke.

wacki
04-02-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That sounds all well and good, but otherwise intelligent individuals do not pull a prank by insisting that it is not a prank, which is what happened here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The prank wasn't even on April 1st.

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 01:42 PM
agreed...if this was indeed a joke they broke all the prank rules. you can't go on and on, insisting it's real and doing it on a day OTHER than april 1st...and then say april fools...that's retarded.

mason55
04-02-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's april 2nd and they've posted other stuff and no big "APRIL FOOL'S" post. Plus what everyone else said. It's like the pope dying, serious news that happened on the wrong day.

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 02:19 PM
on a real cynical note...if he did really "find jesus", maybe he intentionally leaked the news on april first...to draw even more attention to it, since everyone would at first disbelieve it.

Emmitt2222
04-02-2005, 02:41 PM
True. I don't know how, but I heard this a couple weeks ago and I was pretty surprised.

cnfuzzd
04-02-2005, 03:42 PM
im surpised no one even considered the obvious: Maynard has actually found jesus. He didnt convert to christianity, or start becoming a bible-carrying hypocrite. He actually found jesus. Presumably alive. And given the state of organised religion today, i couldnt imagine someone who jesus would want to hang out more than maynard.

Also, this could have ALOT to do with the various form of occult-symbolism (which the band seems to be steeped in) and several of maynards individual projects, which range from growing the mythical "blue apples" to digging up alien bodies on his arizona compound.

peace

john nickle

Alobar
04-02-2005, 03:52 PM
lol, you are a retard...this is an april fools joke.

mason55
04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, once you learn to read and finish kindergarten, you can come back to the thread. Until then you're on time out for not doing your homework before posting.

F-

Alobar
04-02-2005, 03:59 PM
lol, reading all the responses in this thread is funny.....none of you are obviously real tool fans or at least "follow the teachings of tool"

I wish I could post the mpeg of maynard fu[/i]cking a blow up love sheep on stage, cuz that would be extremely fitting for this thread

Alobar
04-02-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, once you learn to read and finish kindergarten, you can come back to the thread. Until then you're on time out for not doing your homework before posting.

F-

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, if you knew anything about Tool (which you obviously dont), youd know why this is a big prank.

mason55
04-02-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

F-

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, if you knew anything about Tool (which you obviously dont), youd know why this is a big prank.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I'm not going to turn this into a whose dick is bigger contest re: who knows more about tool or whatever. all people in this thread have been saying is that if it's a prank it's not a very good one.

you typically don't prank people by saying "THIS ISN'T A PRANK" i'm well aware of tool's stance on religion and god and what not.

daryn
04-02-2005, 04:04 PM
none of you are obviously real tool fans or at least "follow the teachings of tool"

[/ QUOTE ]

this part is hilarious. anyone who says this = tool

Alobar
04-02-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
none of you are obviously real tool fans or at least "follow the teachings of tool"

[/ QUOTE ]

this part is hilarious. anyone who says this = tool

[/ QUOTE ]

hence the quotation marks...a fan would know what im talking about....now go troll somewhere else

daryn
04-02-2005, 04:10 PM
wow, you sure got me! i guess i really DON'T enjoy the music of tool! maybe there are other things that i thought i liked but i really don't. PM me and we will go through my whole music collection, wardrobe, and other things. ty

mason55
04-02-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, you sure got me! i guess i really DON'T enjoy the music of tool! maybe there are other things that i thought i liked but i really don't. PM me and we will go through my whole music collection, wardrobe, and other things. ty

[/ QUOTE ]

careful daryn, his penis is obviously MUCH larger than yours!

daryn
04-02-2005, 04:12 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's ok, i am 10X smarter /images/graemlins/grin.gif

theBruiser500
04-02-2005, 04:19 PM
daryn: i thought you liked tool and listened to them? this is pretty weird.

wacki: opiate, same thing i thought of /images/graemlins/smile.gif. also message to harry manbeck.

alobar: i agree, ij don't know anything about tool other than there music which i love but there is no way this is for real. he is just saying "this is not an april fools jokes" and will insist on that but really it is an april fools joke.

Alobar
04-02-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's ok, i am 10X smarter /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty impressive, seeing as how I think you are nothing but a giant fuc[/i]ktard. Don't you have something better to do than troll around a message board, making smart remarks designed only to initiate arguments, for the sole purpose of satisfying your desire to hear yourself speak? (who wants to lay odds that his next remark is about how you cant hear yoruself speak on a message board?).

Dont mommy and daddy need help with dinner or something? Isnt it satuday, don't you have chores to do?

I'll leave you two alone now. (be careful if he asks you to go hotubbing with him Mason).

However I will amke sure and give this thread a giant bump with a big fat "I told you so" when the time comes

daryn
04-02-2005, 04:24 PM
i don't troll.

anyway, if your reading comprehension was above 6th grade level, you would notice that i didn't necessarily disagree with your view that this was a hoax. i simply implied that your statement about "not being a REAL FAN OF TOOL" was foolish.

anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see who is right and who is wrong between me and you.

have a nice day! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 04:26 PM
i'd be a little worried about someone who, "followed the teachings of tool"...no matter how tounge in cheek it was.

mason55
04-02-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

However I will amke sure and give this thread a giant bump with a big fat "I told you so" when the time comes

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone has disagreed with you, only saying that it's poorly executed and not that funny if it is a prank.

wacki
04-02-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd be a little worried about someone who, "followed the teachings of tool"...no matter how tounge in cheek it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, there is a lot of depth in tools lyrics.

theBruiser500
04-02-2005, 04:37 PM
i agree with wacki again. wacki you are the man except for when it comes to guns and politics

AngryCola
04-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Alobar has always seemed to be a decent guy, but I have to agree with Daryn here.
It is a silly thing to say, and I say that while being a huge fan of Tool's music.

He probably could have found other ways to say it, or at least not gotten angry (or upset, or whatever) when Daryn pointed out what a silly and slightly disturbing thing he said.

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 04:39 PM
they can have as much depth as they like...they're a rock band. following the teachings of a rock band is just a hilariously silly thing to even type out.

daryn
04-02-2005, 04:41 PM
heh. that's another funny thing. some rock band comes out with lyrics like:

"DON'T BE A SHEEP, LISTEN TO US!"

theBruiser500
04-02-2005, 04:42 PM
stop being so melodramatic angrycola

mason55
04-02-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they can have as much depth as they like...they're a rock band. following the teachings of a rock band is just a hilariously silly thing to even type out.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is Buddha, Jesus and Mohammed were in a rock band? What if Gandhi liked to sing instead of talk? Where is the line drawn?

I don't think that being in a band disqualifies one from being a philosophical or spiritual authority. Neither does it qualify one for the same position. It's just another part of a person's life.

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 04:50 PM
true to a point...because you clearly aren't comparing tool to jesus, ghandi, buddah and the like.

having someone open your mind to new ideas and thoughts is noble and great.

i'll repeat, "following the teachings of a rock band" is ludicrous. and i don't mean LUDICRIS.

AngryCola
04-02-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stop being so melodramatic angrycola

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being so ignorant, then perhaps I'll consider it.

theBruiser500
04-02-2005, 05:54 PM
no i won't take orders from you

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
im surpised no one even considered the obvious: Maynard has actually found jesus. He didnt convert to christianity, or start becoming a bible-carrying hypocrite. He actually found jesus. Presumably alive. And given the state of organised religion today, i couldnt imagine someone who jesus would want to hang out more than maynard.

Also, this could have ALOT to do with the various form of occult-symbolism (which the band seems to be steeped in) and several of maynards individual projects, which range from growing the mythical "blue apples" to digging up alien bodies on his arizona compound.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes, the answer is hiding in plain sight.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this thread.

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When did your posts take on such an ugly, condescending, Michael Moorish quality?

Did you read the rest of the thread? Clearly, the people involved in this thread aren't uninitiated to the oddities and peculiarities of the man and his band.

The point was obviously that we all give the band enough credit not to play such a lame, predictable, moronic prank.

Both sites credited with the info are generally reliable mouthpieces for the band.

The idea of this being a prank just doesn't add up.

Give us all a little more credit or go away.

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Have you always been this much of a prick around here?

Seriously, maybe I just missed it or something, but I have no recollection of you ever sounding like such a total [censored].

I gotta pay more attention.

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 06:41 PM
i know this is off topic...but what is that avatar rushmore? it cracks me up to no end.

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

wacki: opiate, same thing i thought of . also message to harry manbeck.

alobar: i agree, ij don't know anything about tool other than there music which i love but there is no way this is for real. he is just saying "this is not an april fools jokes" and will insist on that but really it is an april fools joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tool is my favorite band of alltime, but I swear, if this turns out to be a prank, I will think less of them, because it's just so inane and fratboyish.

"No, really! It's not a prank, really!"

"GOTCHA!!"

I would have given them a hell of a lot more credit.

Rushmore
04-02-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm glad the mere visage of Mr. Shane MacGowan, drunk again, drinking and smoking, can crack you up.

Shane is the man, and would never play so lame a prank as that which we are discussing in this increasingly disappointing thread.

Shaniacs.com: "Shane has joined AAADM--Artists Against Alcohol, Dope, and Melodrama."

Har har har har har har har har har April Fool's!! Gotcha!

Jeez.

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 06:47 PM
the dude from the pogues? i'm so dumb...see it right away now...thanks

trying2learn
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM
i can't believe that i was so lame as to forget to, "follow the teachings of the pogues" and not recognize Shane when presented before me. guess i'm off on my search to find shane again.

theBruiser500
04-02-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

wacki: opiate, same thing i thought of . also message to harry manbeck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tool is my favorite band of alltime, but I swear, if this turns out to be a prank, I will think less of them, because it's just so inane and fratboyish.

"No, really! It's not a prank, really!"

"GOTCHA!!"

I would have given them a hell of a lot more credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is funny. after hearing "message to harry manbeck" i'm pretty sure he would find it funny too.

eulogy
04-03-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he'll kick Scott Stapp from the throne.

3rdEye
04-03-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't realize that this is an April Fool's joke....

Blair does a 4/1 joke every year.

3rdEye
04-03-2005, 02:36 AM
The "Jesus" that Maynard found could also easily be a bottle of wine, among other things.

Rushmore
04-03-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't realize that this is an April Fool's joke....

Blair does a 4/1 joke every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an avid reader of the site and Blair's newsletter, too.

I guess the reason I'm so reluctant to simply dismiss this as a standard April Fool's joke is the insistence that it is not. As I've said, I would expect a lot more, especially since the band is fairly active with the site, and would have to at least give the wacky prank a nod.

I guess I shouldn't fall in love with my read on these things.

brassnuts
04-03-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The "Jesus" that Maynard found could also easily be a bottle of wine, among other things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, this is probably going to culminate with Maynard shoving a Jesus doll up his ass or something.

trying2learn
04-03-2005, 12:45 PM
okay, i hate to keep this going...but how long does an april fools joke last? first they started it early...and now it's the third and still no, "HA HA GOTCHA!"

i've posted already that i would be shocked if it were true...but i still have to go back to this being the most poorly executed prank ever.

astroglide
04-03-2005, 02:46 PM
i know tool's work very well and i would be more surprised by, say, the guitarist from limp bizkit finding jesus than maynard james keenan. he's very interested in theology and "open-minded" to the point of fruitiness now imho. it would be perfectly possible for him to develop some sort of "advanced christianity" by "approaching it from the other side" or whatever. i've heard of him hanging out after shows and trading books with traveling fans.

http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Tool_(band) check out the book list

private joker
04-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I guess it's official. Tool fans are the most gullible fans of any neo-prog band.

Next up: will The Mars Volta be able to fool their fans worse?

wacki
04-03-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it's official. Tool fans are the most gullible fans of any neo-prog band.

[/ QUOTE ]

link? Where is the proof that this is a prank?

Slow Play Ray
04-03-2005, 04:51 PM
sheesh.

trying2learn
04-03-2005, 04:53 PM
The Mars Volta sucks balls - they had like no tackles for losses and they'd get killed at the state championships by tool.

mason55
04-03-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link? Where is the proof that this is a prank?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, april fool's jokes don't usually start in march and go until april 3rd. I have no problem admitting that I was had, I just want to hear it from someone who's not just saying "HAHA U R DUM!!1"

private joker
04-03-2005, 05:29 PM
A close friend of mine is the webmaster for the Toolshed. He and MJK kicked around possible AF jokes for this year and Maynard thought of this Jesus one. It was my friend who posted the "joke" (which I never thought was funny, even disliking the band as much as I do) a few years ago that Tool was killed/injured in a bus crash in Australia during their tour. That one had so much backlash that Maynard's grandmother called him to make sure he was okay.

mason55
04-03-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A close friend of mine is the webmaster for the Toolshed. He and MJK kicked around possible AF jokes for this year and Maynard thought of this Jesus one. It was my friend who posted the "joke" (which I never thought was funny, even disliking the band as much as I do) a few years ago that Tool was killed/injured in a bus crash in Australia during their tour. That one had so much backlash that Maynard's grandmother called him to make sure he was okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, when are they planning on saying "April Fool's?"

trying2learn
04-03-2005, 06:09 PM
may

ArchAngel71857
04-03-2005, 06:21 PM
heh.

I took a class in college called "The Search for Jesus." It was a small seminar, so as we introduced ourselves, I stand up and say "well . . .I don't need to take this class, because I found Jesus last summer at camp . . ."

I thought it was funny. 15 other people sure didn't.

-AA

PhatTBoll
04-03-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
heh.

I took a class in college called "The Search for Jesus." It was a small seminar, so as we introduced ourselves, I stand up and say "well . . .I don't need to take this class, because I found Jesus last summer at camp . . ."

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize they taught theological courses at clown college.

ArchAngel71857
04-03-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heh.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize they taught theological courses at clown college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phhht. It's a party clown college.

-AA

mason55
04-07-2005, 11:46 AM
It's Official. Worst. Prank. Ever.

http://www.toolband.com/news

trying2learn
04-07-2005, 12:53 PM
yep...i wonder if they think a joke (that wouldn't have been believed save for them pounding it down that it wasn't indeed a joke) is funny.

you know when you're really "had" you kind of have to nod and say, "yeah, you got me". for this I just find my self shaking my head asking why the waste of time?

IndieMatty
04-07-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Next up: will The Mars Volta be able to fool their fans worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

PJ, how do you feel about Frances the Mute?

PhatTBoll
04-07-2005, 01:09 PM
Well apparently they fooled MTV, which I guess is what they were trying to do. Whatever. If you have to say THIS IS NOT A PRANK in order to get people to fall for it then it wasn't a good prank in the first place.

mason55
04-07-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well apparently they fooled MTV, which I guess is what they were trying to do. Whatever. If you have to say THIS IS NOT A PRANK in order to get people to fall for it then it wasn't a good prank in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If they're going to do it early and say it's not a prank, why not just do it some other time of the year, like october? at least then it might be a little funnier.

Alobar
04-07-2005, 02:30 PM
hahaha, gee....I guess I really did know what I was talking about....shocker.

Maybe we can do this again next year, when they do another april fools joke....like they do EVERY single year

see you tools around

http://toolshed.down.net/0001.html

mason55
04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hahaha, gee....I guess I really did know what I was talking about....shocker.

Maybe we can do this again next year, when they do another april fools joke....like they do EVERY single year

see you tools around

http://toolshed.down.net/0001.html

[/ QUOTE ]

as everyone said earlier, no one was disagreeing with you just saying that it was dumb. but you're right, you are the coolest.

trying2learn
04-07-2005, 02:53 PM
hey alobar - will they be doing next years April Fools Joke in December? that would be hilarious.

daryn
04-07-2005, 02:56 PM
hey alobar - will they be doing next years April Fools Joke in December? that would be hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you know what would be even better? they'll actually DO something crazy, then write about it on their site. then nobody will believe it, because it's april fools... but then, they will be like, LOL! the joke is on you guys, this is actually true! "LOL"

cnfuzzd
04-07-2005, 03:25 PM
i would just like to point out how correct i was. See, i am a god amongst men.

peace

john nickle

private joker
04-07-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PJ, how do you feel about Frances the Mute?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. /images/graemlins/grin.gif