PDA

View Full Version : Newbie winrate question ... please flame away

Nottom
04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
OK so its not exactly a winrate question.

But for experienced MTTers about what % of the time do you expect to make the money?

Additionally, for medium sized tourenys ... 200-400 people. About how often do you expect to make a final table?

I'm not looking for anything specific really. Just ballpark figures. Make whatever assumptions you like about buy-ins or whatever, just state whatever assumptions you used. I really have no clue what a good player should expect and have recently caught the tourney bug (again). Just kind of wondering what to expect, or at least strive for.

Double Eagle
04-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Well, not sure if this is useful, but my stats on Stars since Jan 1:

Tourneys - 274
Avg Field Size - 718
ITM - 52 (19%)
Final Tables - 11 (4%)
Avg Buy-Ins / Tourney - 1.5 (yuck not enough high finishes)

FYI, I play $20-$215 freezouts and the $11 rebuy just about every night

MSUcougar
04-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I was thinking of making this same thread just today...

Double Eagle: did you compile those stats manually or with PokerTracker? I've imported all my MTTs into pokertracker but I cant figure out how to sort them by tourney type as opposed to buy in...

EDIT: well I checked my stats out manually (I've only been keeping track for 2 months):

# of Tourneys: 82
ITM: 16 (19.5%)
Final Tables: 2 (7 top 20's)
Gross amount won: just over 2x total buyin

I play $50-200 tourneys on Party... only one big cash so far

I'm very curious what the experienced MTTers say is a "good" % for ITM and final tables...

Double Eagle
04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
I compiled my stats manually - I request a tourney results email from Stars support once a month. They send them to me in an Excel File and from there you can sort them, pivot them, etc.

sirio11
04-02-2005, 12:12 AM
I would say that 20% ITM and 2x buy ins ROI are pretty good stats.