PDA

View Full Version : that chinese guy that stabbed his friend for getting rid of his sword

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 08:42 PM
his friend SOLD the sword for real money!! i didnt know that until today.
now the point of the thread: theres people who will pay for that kind of stuff for online games? a fake sword? i heard he got like $800 for the sword??
wtf?
do i need to start playing these games and building up characters?

daryn
04-01-2005, 08:45 PM
post a link dude

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
post a link dude

[/ QUOTE ]
link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2058079&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =2058079&Search=true&where=&Name=1085&daterange=&n ewerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev= #Post2058079)

daryn
04-01-2005, 08:49 PM
i don't even have to point out how stupid you are. my work here is done.

Matty
04-01-2005, 08:52 PM
better link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2058079&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Trump
04-01-2005, 08:58 PM
I used to play Diablo 2 a couple years ago and made a couple grand for selling items on ebay, I remember selling this rare armor called "Enigma" for $150 which was my first BIG sale, those were the days...

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 09:00 PM
ok heres the real link
real story, no BS (http://news.com.com/Online+gamer+stabbed+over+cyber-sword/2100-1043_3-5647411.html?tag=nefd.top)

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 09:02 PM
how do you transfer the cyber items?

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't even have to point out how stupid you are. my work here is done.

[/ QUOTE ]
it was funny and you know it.
i thought everybosy was aware of the story and didnt think i needed to search around for a link. but youll be happy to know if posted one above.

Lazymeatball
04-01-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought everybosy was aware of the story and didnt think i needed to search around for a link.

[/ QUOTE ]
What kind of nerd bubble do you live in?

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i thought everybosy was aware of the story and didnt think i needed to search around for a link.

[/ QUOTE ]
What kind of nerd bubble do you live in?

[/ QUOTE ]
a nerd-dome2000.
its a little small, im going to get the deluxe model next month

The Stranger
04-01-2005, 09:57 PM
I know that there are people that take video games seriously and I don’t know why exactly, but some do.

I've heard of fights, I've heard of friends falling out, but I have never heard of murder. At least not until now.

A Chinese man, Qiu Changwei stabbed Zhu Caoyuan to death after he sold the guys cyber-sword. Yes, you heard that right. Geek # 1 murdered geek #2 for selling a cyber-sword. Qui was apparently very pissed off that Zhu sold his ‘dragon saber’ in the game ‘Legend of Mir 3’.

The game involves winning weapons to be used in on-line battles. Well, Qui got pissed when Zhu sold the saber. He even went as far to go to the cops and report the sword stolen. Stolen? The thing doesn’t freaking exist. It’s an on-line sword. It’s fictional. There is no sword. At least that was the cops feeling.

The Cops told the tool-box to get lost since nothing was actually stolen. That’s when geek #1 took matters into his won hands and whacked geek #2. As always in these situations, at least he had a good reason. At least there was an on-line gaming dispute. And I'm sure the courts will take that into consideration when they sentence this guy for his crimes.

I can hear the judge now, ‘You're free to go geek. Who among us wouldn’t have committed a homicide over a video game?” Couldn’t this guy just have made up another fake sword? Couldn’t he have just pretended he still had it? Granted, I am not all that versed on my video game etiquette, but this seems extreme. Couldn’t they have settled this in a less violent way? Maybe the offending geek could have volunteered to shave off his pube-stache. I am sure that is a fate worse than death in the virtual sword fighting world.

Pinga
04-01-2005, 11:19 PM
This is a little off-thread but I think funny. I work with a Chinese fellow. We were talking about crime and someone asked him about crime in China. His response:

No crime in China. You steal, you dissapear. No one see you. No do crime in China.

OMG q3 again Every time I post! Bluffed 34$.