PDA

View Full Version : Travel Channel Party Poker Million special

Vehn
10-21-2002, 12:15 AM
Interesting how they chose to show chan and hellmuth fighting over a dealer infraction but neglect to mention the shulman blowup.

Also no mention of bad chip counts.

I thought it was funny how they went on and on about the "million dollars" kathy "won" (including a sound bite of her) with no mention of the deal made. Particularly funny when the 2nd place guy was shown being very ectastic about "winning 80k".

It was worth it for the hellmuth swimming scene though..

sucka
10-21-2002, 10:55 AM
I watched it last night also. Hellmuth is such a freckin' cry baby. It's so pathetic. It was absolutely driving him nuts that an 'amatuer' player was kicking his ass all over the place and knocked him out 3rd. They cut to him and he's bitching and moaning about how lucky the guy is and how he's watching him and he's gonna catch him and bust him out, bleh, bleh, bleh. It was really pathetic watching him. My 4 year old nephew behaves better than that.

I taped the 'Inside the WSOP', but didn't get to watch it because I was wiped out from a poker trip this weekend - which I'm about to create a new topic on - it was BRUTAL! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

10-21-2002, 03:30 PM
I watched it last night, but posted my "Hellmuth sucks" comments under the no limit forum.

10-22-2002, 07:12 AM
What was the Shulman blowup?

Howard Burroughs
10-22-2002, 07:55 AM
"What was the Shulman blowup?"A card player lost his composure in a million dollar tournament. Players lose their composure everyday but his name was Shulman so people cried foul. No cameras were in the room at the time though.Good LuckHoward

hutz
10-22-2002, 09:08 AM
What was the deal they cut? It made me ill to see some of the hands she "won" with at the final table (including her King-high hopeless bluff that sucked out on QQ).

The Hellmuth moaning and the Chan-Hellmuth dispute really put poker players in a bad light, which was very disappointing. Of all the poker tournament shows I've seen on TV, this was clearly the worst of them, IMHO.

shaniac
10-22-2002, 10:50 AM
Just wondering if anyone had a link or knowledge about when or if this is being re-broadcast?

And what about faulty chip counts?

shaniac

shaniac
10-22-2002, 11:38 AM
NM

mike l.
10-22-2002, 04:52 PM
"It was worth it for the hellmuth swimming scene though.."

it wouldve been if he had broken his neck diving into one of those rocks. otherwise it was unbearable having to look at his pale grotesque body.

mike l.
10-22-2002, 04:55 PM
"I taped the 'Inside the WSOP', but didn't get to watch it"

dont bother. it's the one where carlos moronsen wins. it was even more painful to watch then the poker million. i had to turn it off midway through it was so insipid. worse than any of the otehr wsops ive seen for some reason. golly tournaments are SO lame.

MS Sunshine
10-23-2002, 03:48 AM
Travel Channel Oct. 26th, 8pm and 11pm.

MS Sunshine

10-23-2002, 02:50 PM
i just dont understand phil. IF you beat him with legitimate hands you are lucky and if you suck out on him your lucky. He had no read on the amateur. If he did he would have learn that he was not raising phils blinds with illegitimate hands. Tough to trap a guy who is raising with monsters.

MCS
10-29-2002, 07:28 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
it was even more painful to watch then the poker million

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the WSOP broadcast was vastly more interesting, even though I'd seen it twice already.

I wish they'd show 2000 again. It was on a few weeks ago but my TV cut out near the end.