PDA

View Full Version : Was this a good laydown? (QJs)

Bradyams
04-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Brady is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Brady calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, Brady folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No reads.

I just couldn't see MP3 coldcalling the flop, and then raising the turn with anything I was beating. At BEST I felt I had 3 outs to my Queen for two pair, but I'm pretty sure I was drawing dead.

So, is this a standard laydown?

istewart
04-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Raise preflop.

Without reads I'd be hard-pressed to not call down here though.

DoctorDrew
04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I just couldn't see MP3 coldcalling the flop, and then raising the turn with anything I was beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? He limped, just like you, which I think is a mistake when you open, even this early. Someone has to raise for someone to coldcall.

thesharpie
04-01-2005, 08:35 PM
You could have more hidden outs than just the 3 queens, unless he has a set or a straight. I think I'd call the turn because of the potential hidden outs, and then call the river because the pot is big now.

Bradyams
04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I just couldn't see MP3 coldcalling the flop, and then raising the turn with anything I was beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? He limped, just like you, which I think is a mistake when you open, even this early. Someone has to raise for someone to coldcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

He coldcalled the flop, not before the flop.

SteveL91
04-01-2005, 09:31 PM
I think the laydown is fine. The villain called two-cold on a fairly draw heavy board. Then on the turn, he raises the flop raiser on a card that just completed a few different straight draws. Given that you have no reads, it might be worth a call down, but in my experience, you don't run into many players who will try and make a move on you at these limits.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-01-2005, 09:42 PM
i'm not folding this turn. you're not drawing dead as much as you'd think.