PDA

View Full Version : My plan on moving up in stakes

Allinlife
04-01-2005, 07:53 PM
I've moved up to 50nl after nut-paddling 25nl for long time. I regret wasting such a long time @ 25NL as I basically stopped my self from improving because it was so easy to auto-pilot-nut-paddle.

I want to improve as fast as I can from now on, and decided to devise a plan to follow.

@50nl move up after winning 40 buyins(2000$), drop if below 20 buyins (500$)

and so on moving up after 40, dropping after being down to 20, up until I move to NL200

how does it sound? any tips regarding moving up in stakes would be also appreciated!

thanks for your time/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

BobboFitos
04-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I hear alot about players speaking about their bankrolls, and it doesn't make sense. if you're not living off your poker, just move up to whatever the highest limit you feel you can play. if you lose it doesn't matter.

if you need the money, or can't get anymore onto the site, etc etc then your plan sounds good to me

Verdi
04-01-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hear alot about players speaking about their bankrolls, and it doesn't make sense. if you're not living off your poker, just move up to whatever the highest limit you feel you can play. if you lose it doesn't matter.

if you need the money, or can't get anymore onto the site, etc etc then your plan sounds good to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's only about the bankroll. It's a learning curve too. You can't play over your head. Either naive or scared.

Also, money is money. Even if they have the form of poker chips.

Yeknom58
04-01-2005, 09:31 PM
Bah,

40 is pretty conservative for someone who doesn't play for a living..20-30 should be fine. You just want enough such that if you hit a rough patch where you suddenly drop like 7-10 buyin you can handle looking at your cashier page.
Oh and as a rule of thumb don't move up to the next limit until you feel totally comfortable losing like 2-3 buyins over the course of like 10 hands. You don't want a few bad beats to get you all bent out of shape. When you first move from 50-100 and you lose like 300 you can feel pretty sick.

Also, when I moved up in limits I would play a few thousands hands between limits. Meaning I would 3 table 25NL and 1 table 50NL, then 2 25NL and 2 50NL...then etc..till I was only playing 50NL.

Allinlife
04-01-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks everyone for the input! /images/graemlins/grin.gif