PDA

View Full Version : JJ got me jacked

stankybank
04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
so I'm in the bb w/ JJ in a $100 max buy-in NL game on Stars. I got ~$93.

UTG small stack limps $1, folders, LP stack ($104) limps, rest fold to me and I raise it to $5 total. call, call.

3 to the flop for ~$15. I got no reads on the specific opponents besides that I've been doing most of the raising preflop on the table in general and most of the opponents seem passive preflop.

flop is [8s 5s Kc]

I check, rest check.

turn is Ac

check around.

river is Qc

check around.

comments please.

BobboFitos
04-01-2005, 08:04 PM
bet 10-12 on the flop

once you've checked and thats the turn I think you're giving up on the pot unless you spike the 2 outer, and I dont think thats a bad idea; any bet presumably here on in is chip spewing.

stankybank
04-01-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bet 10-12 on the flop

once you've checked and thats the turn I think you're giving up on the pot unless you spike the 2 outer, and I dont think thats a bad idea; any bet presumably here on in is chip spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean "I don't think thats a bad idea." ?

okay, say I bet the flop and get called by one or two spots. shall I lead the turn with the ace falling?

jpg7n16
04-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I agree w/ Bobbo. At least bet something on the flop.

Then you could get a read on their hands. The only person that might call would have a K or an A ("just in case an A comes" type of player) then you should know where you stand.

As far as what to do if they BOTH call... one of them probably has a K or an A (the odds of that being the case is higher because they both called the raise PF)

But because nobody bet anywhere... one of them probably had a couple red suited connectors and the other some offsuit TJ hand, or a pair of 7's. Maybe one of them had a Q and you let him see it for free when he should have folded on flop or turn.

But whatever they had you gave them both infinity pot odds to catch whatever card(s) they "needed." And every scare card you could catch - you caught.

tbach24
04-01-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet 10-12 on the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean "I don't think thats a bad idea." ?

okay, say I bet the flop and get called by one or two spots. shall I lead the turn with the ace falling?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just a followup bet. Like if you had AK and a pair of PF callers and the flop was J72, you might want to followup.