PDA

View Full Version : Should I have done anything differently?

Godfather80
04-01-2005, 07:11 PM
$.05/.10 NL at Pacific. 6 players

The table play ranged from loose-passive to inexplicable

SB-$3.58
BB-$5.10
UTG-$15.73
MP-$19.07
CO-$14.52
Hero-$10.80

6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/club.gif dealt to hero.

Preflop: UTG folds. MP calls. CO raises to $.20. Hero calls. SB calls. BB calls. MP calls.

$1.00 in pot

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB goes all-in for $3.43. CO calls. Hero calls.

$10.74 in main pot.

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

CO goes all-in for $10.89. Hero calls.

$21.78 in side pot.

River 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Thoughts?

Result in white below:

<font color="white"> CO shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif for bigger full house. Wins both pots. </font>

hfrog355
04-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Umm, you got burned. Not a whole lot different you could have done I suppose. Especially after you landed the boat. I suppose you consider folding to the all-in with the diamonds, but short of that...sucks.

Godfather80
04-01-2005, 07:26 PM
That's sorta what I figured, Frog.

The reason I didn't fold to the SB's all-in is because I thought that was a very strange way to play a flopped flush in a raised pot.

I thought he was about 40% to have flopped an Ace, 40% to have 1 high diamond, and 20% to have flopped the flush.

Even, if the SB flopped the flush, I will catch up about 35% of the time.

Now, the CO's flop call did make me a bit nervous, but I figured that if the SB had made his flush than the CO's call helped my pot odds. No matter what, unless I improved, I was going to slow way down on the turn and river.

When I did improve and he went all-in, I figured that most of the time, he would be betting his flopped flush one street too late. I figured that the chance I was beat was less than 30%.

Overall, I think I played it okay.

soLit
04-01-2005, 07:37 PM
That is just poker, you had a good hand. Sometimes you just have to take the loss. Good hand, not a bad play.