PDA

View Full Version : 99 in BB

krishanleong
04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero folds.

I think I like it. No reads, what do you think?

Krishan

Alobar
04-01-2005, 06:45 PM
I raise pre flop

post flop I dont 3 bet the turn. If its a bluff I dont want him to fold, and if its the 7 I dont want him to fold. If its the 4 I dont want him to get scared of his kicker and just call me down, I also dont want to 3 bet and fold to a cap.

krishanleong
04-01-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still learning but I'm pretty sure you are right.

[ QUOTE ]
If its a bluff I dont want him to fold, and if its the 7 I dont want him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if I can get a bluff or 7 to fold, I think I'm a happy man. 5 outs is not insignificant here. I guess a bluff is likely to only have 3 outs though. I guess bluffs sticking around isn't bad.

What's the plan on the river? Check call?

Is 3-betting a folding to a cap every a feasible move? In my brief foray into 15/30 full it seemed like a line that took advantage of people who were semibluff raising the turn thinking you had overcards when they had a weak pair or some draw. Folding to the cap allows you to get away when their raise really means it. Thanks,

Krishan

P.S. I miss your old avatar already.

foldem
04-01-2005, 06:54 PM
raise before the flop. why not call his raise and check call the river. you are getting the same price and you get a showdown, you might even spike a 9 and get to check raise.

Alobar
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree, if I can get a bluff or 7 to fold, I think I'm a happy man. 5 outs is not insignificant here. I guess a bluff is likely to only have 3 outs though. I guess bluffs sticking around isn't bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on his kicker if he has 5 outs with a 7 or not. The board is paired. But even if you give him 5 outs (or 6 if he somehow has 2 overs) the pot is still small enough that you will win more than what you will lose the times he hits his bluff, so you dont want him folding, you want him betting the river again.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the plan on the river? Check call?

[/ QUOTE ]

yup

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. I miss your old avatar already.

[/ QUOTE ]

now ure just being mean /images/graemlins/smile.gif

krishanleong
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Excellent point about the paired board and him having a 7. What really happen in this hand was I called the cap, called the river and was shown A4. Folding to the turn cap was what I wanted to do, but I like your line and thinking much better.

Krishan