PDA

View Full Version : 88 hand

krishanleong
04-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets???</font>

Didn't feel really good about this hand. My thinking on the flop was I didn't raise 88 just to have a good flop and then fold. So I 3-bet. CO paddled my ass the hand before with K9 by going full on the river over my 8c7c flush. The 9c came on the river.

I'll put the rest of the hand up after some replies.

Krishan

MoDOH
04-01-2005, 07:06 PM
IŽll fold this 100% of the time...
A severe case of reverse implied odds...

foldem
04-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I think you should fold on the flop with this action. If you are behind you are drawing to possibly one out. If you are ahead you likely have to dodge half the deck twice to win the hand. Unless either of these players are crazy LAGs you should dump it and not think twice about it.

krishanleong
04-01-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold on the flop with this action. If you are behind you are drawing to possibly one out. If you are ahead you likely have to dodge half the deck twice to win the hand. Unless either of these players are crazy LAGs you should dump it and not think twice about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I'm not sure how Villian taking it to me on the previous hand should influence my decision to stick around or not. MP folded, CO called. CO led the turn and I called. River went check, check and he showed a busted K-high flush draw. I like to think MP folded a 9 here but I still think folding the flop is a really good idea here.

Krishan