PDA

View Full Version : First hand post

imported_Dogzilla
04-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

I considered checkraising flop because of the diamonds. Should I have? I have a pretty strong hand, so I'm also thinking I want callers.

I don't have a good read on anyone, but the raise on turn does worry me. Should I cap? Not sure I'm beat and drawing for the boat..

And then the 9 of diamonds hits making the board REALLY ugly. Should I just fold? He COULD have raised me with two pairs on turn?

jaxUp
04-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Good flop bet. Since you raised pf and nobody else showed aggression, you can't expect somebody to bet allowing you to c/r. This would have been disastrous to get checked through on the flop.

Good turn bet. I 3-bet when he raises here. There's a good chance he has QJ or QT JT (I see raises here a lot from a pair + draw).

Good river call. That was a crappy, crappy card. What would you have done if he'd checked to you?

Delphin
04-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I would reraise the turn. When he wakes up with a raise, the only hand you are behind is T9. He may have slow played a set on the flop, or just hit a set with JJ. He may have hit two pair, or may even be raising with AJ or KJ. If he caps, I think that probably means JJ or T9.

When the river brings a diamond, I'm not particularly worried about a flush. It is the 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, which is particularly bad since it puts a one card straight out there. I still think you could raise his bet. I think he will call with any set here and two pair also. If he reraises, I'd just call.

luckyplayer
04-01-2005, 06:42 PM
First, who are you going to check raise on the flop? You need to have the check raise aimed toward someone you expect to bet. Otherwise, you are blindly checking top set and allowing others to get infinity odds on their flush or straight draws.

The turn seems very weak to me. You are assuming you are beat at the first sign of aggression unless you have the nuts. He could have called with the gutshot, but why assume so? I 3 bet here. If he caps, then you can check-call the river. If he calls, then you can bet the river here.

davelin
04-01-2005, 06:44 PM
3-bet turn. Everything else looks okay.

droolie
04-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I would 3-bet the turn and lead the river. One weird bet does not make me see monsters under the bed just yet. I can see many hands playing like this that have nothing to do with 910. If he raises my river bet I call and expect to get shown a str8 or flush. I think you win this hand well over 65% of the time regardless of what hits on the river.

The reason I don't like your line is that villian may have been trying to get a free showdown. This happens when villians have a decent hand + a draw. They want to see if they hit the river and can take the option of checking behind if they miss. Even if you are behind a str8 you have outs for your boat. You might get really lucky and boat or quad up and get to cap the river with a mortal lock of a winner.

imported_Dogzilla
04-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your replies. I totally agree with the turn call being weak, don't know why I didn't raise. But, would you still bet the river when that 9d hit? (assuming I 3-bet turn and he just called)

For the record in white;
<font color="white">T9o </font>

luckyplayer
04-01-2005, 06:54 PM
I would still lead out. His aggression on the turn does not make me think he is on a flush draw. His calling of a turn 3 bet would make me think he has something like 2 pair and that he is afraid of your continued aggression.

ErrantNight
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
ugh.

don't even consider check raising the flop. your bet was fine.

you should be 3-betting that turn 100% of the time.