PDA

View Full Version : poker academy question

tHePrOfEsOr
04-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Does anyone know if it is worth it to pay the extra money for poker academy pro and not get the regular version of poker academy??

thanks

Crispy86
04-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I suppose it depends on what you want from it. According to the comparison table provided at the site, the Pro version includes most of the analytical tools, as well as the special heads-up opponents. The easiest way to judge IMO, would be to download the demo of the Pro, and look at the tools you wouldnt get according to the comparison table. I should add that a new and susbtantial upgrade is expected in a few months, for the pro version in particular, and if you already have the Pro version, the upgrade will be that much cheaper. All the same, if you're mostly interested in just having a good opponent to play against, and couldn't care less about the Hand evaluator, or other graphs, go with the non-Pro version.

I bought the full Pro version and am quite happy with it overall.

Albert

Luv2DriveTT
04-02-2005, 09:30 AM
YES.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

TransientR
04-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Agreed.

I use the hand calculator and graphs a lot, so I went with the Pro, and I don't regret it at all. Nice program and it will only get better over time.

Frank

Trainwreck
04-03-2005, 02:22 AM
Get the pro, this is the best there is and the developers are reachable via the forum and actually respond quickly, and patches are frequent.

Wilson should be ashamed of themselves in comparison, wtf is their new product?
Long overdue is an understatement.

>TW<