PDA

View Full Version : 1 Kick to the nuts or 5 punches in the face?

nickey009
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Friend and I were discussing pain thresholds and wanted to know what we'd rather experience. Assume the kicker/puncher is 5'10" 220 pounds. Not trained in anyway. Run of the mill guy. If 5 is too much or not enough how many punches to even it out? Also, could those 5 punches kill you? If not, how many punches might?

sublime
04-01-2005, 06:07 PM
i am too handsome to be punched 5 times in the face. would have to be the gravy pouch. ouch.

nickey009
04-01-2005, 06:11 PM
How about if it was 1 for 1?

Stu Pidasso
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Friend and I were discussing pain thresholds and wanted to know what we'd rather experience. Assume the kicker/puncher is 5'10" 220 pounds. Not trained in anyway. Run of the mill guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a guy like that wanted to kick me in the nuts or hit me in the face five times I think I would just run away. I'd rather experience the pain of shin splints.

Stu

Dubra
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
depends on if there is lasting damage to the face.. if we are talking broken nose, jaw, black eyes etc... i think id take the kick n the balls rather than a broken bone

scrub
04-01-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assume the kicker/puncher is 5'10" 220 pounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's really not trained in any way, he'd be incredibly overweight, possibly to the point that he'd have trouble kicking you.

scrub

Freakin
04-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Somehow I think thats missing the spirit of the question /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd probably take 3x the punches to the face, but 5x seems excessive.

Freakin

nickey009
04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm thinking if it's a choice between face and nuts 1 to 1 I'd go face. Any more than one and I say kick me in the gonads.

sublime
04-01-2005, 06:45 PM
If he's really not trained in any way, he'd be incredibly overweight, possibly to the point that he'd have trouble kicking you.

i am 5'10'' (maybe 5'11'') and weigh around 240.

i can kick like bruce lee detoxing from heroin.

tdarko
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5'10" 220 pounds. Not trained in anyway. run of the mill guy

[/ QUOTE ]
i think this the bigger question

SossMan
04-01-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking if it's a choice between face and nuts 1 to 1 I'd go face. Any more than one and I say kick me in the gonads.

[/ QUOTE ]

sublime
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
hey soss-

heard dlowe looked good in his last spring start. i imagine with less pressure out on the left coast he should pitch much better.

CrazyN8
04-01-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Friend and I were discussing pain thresholds and wanted to know what we'd rather experience. Assume the kicker/puncher is 5'10" 220 pounds. Not trained in anyway. Run of the mill guy. If 5 is too much or not enough how many punches to even it out? Also, could those 5 punches kill you? If not, how many punches might?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

ibankonu
04-01-2005, 08:07 PM
he's wearing a shoe, right?

stankybank
04-01-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough choice. I think I'll go with the kick to the balls. 5 punches to the face can get pretty brutal especially if it's bare knuckle and all you do is stand there while the other guy gets a clean shot at you. 5 times. I guess you can always hope he breaks his wrist from not being able to throw a punch correctly.

nickey009
04-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, we'll put a shoe on him. Nothing crazy like a steel toe boot. Just a regular running shoe.

Nottom
04-01-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

As a 5'8" 220 man with no special training, I would be happy to take you up on any offers involving kicking you in the nuts. I'm sure I won't have much trouble at all.

scrub
04-01-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

As a 5'8" 220 man with no special training, I would be happy to take you up on any offers involving kicking you in the nuts. I'm sure I won't have much trouble at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a firm believer in running like hell whenever someone wants to cause me bodily harm.

But still, that's pretty big, isn't it?

scrub

scrub
04-01-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i am 5'10'' (maybe 5'11'') and weigh around 240.

i can kick like bruce lee detoxing from heroin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

I would never have guessed you weighed that much.

scrub

gvibes
04-01-2005, 09:53 PM
I've been punched several times in the face before (I got mugged in a bad way once), but never kicked in the nuts. One punch split my eyebrow open pretty badly (we're talking a nice boxer's wound here), but the rest just caused swelling. It didn't hurt like eight bitches in a bitch boat or anything.

I think I'd rather get punched in the face.

SackUp
04-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Punch in the face and it's not even close. Your face is soooo much more durable than your boys. Punches to your face might break a bone, but that will heal. One kick to the balls could end game you for life.

It would take an awful lot of punches to the face before I would choose the balls.

jesusarenque
04-02-2005, 03:06 AM
If there is going to be permanent damage to my junk, I'll take a few in the face. In no permanent damage, I'll take one in the junk.

nothumb
04-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Face. Easily.

I've taken more than that in the face from someone way tougher than anyone 5'10", 220 and I'm still pretty.

Nuts, you're riskin my kids that I might have, [censored] that.

NT

Blarg
04-02-2005, 07:06 AM
Even one punch can kill you. Then again, so can a kick to the balls.

The average guy would probably be better off with a kick to the balls. People get kicked in the balls all the time without suffering permanent damage. But it's pretty easy to break a nose and mess up your sinuses for ever with a punch, or knock out a tooth, etc. And that's as the very least of it. You could get a concussion, broken or even crushed jaw, a broken eye socket, immediate or eventual brain damage, or even death from a single punch. Five punches in the face is very bad news.

Then again, chicks dig scars and sometimes that broken nose look, too.

Blarg
04-02-2005, 07:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been punched several times in the face before (I got mugged in a bad way once), but never kicked in the nuts. One punch split my eyebrow open pretty badly (we're talking a nice boxer's wound here), but the rest just caused swelling. It didn't hurt like eight bitches in a bitch boat or anything.

I think I'd rather get punched in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Punches are pretty sloppy in most fights -- thrown by a guy who's off balance while the distance is constantly changing because both you and the other guy are both moving in different speeds and directions...sometimes you're moving away from the punch as it lands...heck, lots of punches just glance or bounce off, or are just what someone tries to jam in while wrestling.

Now, if a guy was taking his time lining up five nice big free swings at you and you just had to stand there, we're talking about hearing some very serious cracking, crunching, snapping sounds...

From a 220 pound guy yet. That's a lotta weight to put into it. If you didn't wind up with some permanent damage, that guy would have to be the worst puncher in the world.

sublime
04-02-2005, 12:29 PM
I would never have guessed you weighed that much.

would you have guessed that last april i weighed 190?

CrazyN8
04-02-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am too handsome to be punched 5 times in the face. would have to be the gravy pouch. ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still laughing about this....my GF said if I say gravy pouch for no reason and start laughing , again, she is going to kick me in the gravy pouch! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gamblore99
04-02-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

ya. to way this much for 5'10, wouldn't you have to have a be huge (a ton of muscle), or be incredibly fat?

jakethebake
04-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Why wasn't this a poll?