PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Rice: The Best Ever

Clarkmeister
10-20-2002, 06:14 PM
I used to be so firmly entrenched in the Jim Brown camp, that it would have been ridiculous to even consider another player as the Best Ever. But finally, reluctantly, I have come to the conclusion that it is now Jerry Rice. He is so far beyond the #2 player at his position that its laughable. He's turning 40 and is still one of the best at his position. His numbers are mind numbing.

I'm officially changing my vote from Jim Brown to Jerry Rice. Never thought I'd say that.

JTG51
10-21-2002, 03:38 AM
I started telling people that you could make a decent argument for Rice being the best ever 5 or 6 years ago. Obviously, he's done nothing since then to change my mind.

He's just a freak of nature. He's scored almost 1/3 more TDs than anyone else that's ever played. Ridiculous.

I had to laugh a couple of years ago when during his rookie year people started saying Randy Moss was going to break Rice's records. It's hard to say any record will last forever, but it's just as hard to imagine someone equaling Rice.

10-21-2002, 02:06 PM
Randy Moss is the best.When he's thru he will have surpassed all of Rice's record. RM has much better numbers in his first 4 years than Rice and he doesn't have Montana or Yung throwin to him

JTG51
10-21-2002, 02:15 PM
When people knock Montana and Young they say, "Well, they were throwing to Jerry Rice all the time. Any QB could have done that."

Then when they knock Rice they say, "Well, he had 2 great QBs throwing to him."

If you are counting arrests and generally asinine behavior, then you are right. Randy Moss is way ahead of Jerry Rice.

I'll be shocked if Moss lasts 10 years in the NFL, never mind the 15-20 he'll need to catch Rice's records.

10-21-2002, 02:20 PM
Have you seen the guy play/ Wake up. He just kills Green Bay. Don't get confused with driving records and allthat . Stick to the issue.

Clarkmeister
10-21-2002, 02:31 PM
LOL, you are too funny.

Last year, Rice at 38/39 had an identical season to Moss. And, oh, yeah, he helped his team to the playoffs while Moss helped his team right out of the playoffs.

Year 2001
Rice 83rec, 1139yds, 9TDs
Moss 82rec, 1233yds, 10TDs

Year 2002
Rice 40 rec, 559yds, 3TDs
Moss 40 rec, 404yds, 2TDs

He isn't even better NOW, and he is in his prime and Rice is freaking 40.

I think you severely overestimate Moss' numbers, and don't correctly remember Rice's. For example, in his 3rd year, Rice played 12 games and scored 22 TD's.

B-Man
10-21-2002, 10:49 PM
Moss is a DOG. He might be the most talented player in the league, but to compare him to Rice is asinine. That's like saying Iverson is better than Jordan, but worse.

Moss will never even come close to the numbers of his former teammate Cris Carter, let alone Jerry Rice. He'll be out of the league, and probably in prison, within 5 years.

10-22-2002, 06:07 PM
did you get these numbers at the strip club you frequent.
Vikes will soon sign Bryant Mckinney, you got that from me and then watch out. Bears abd Lions are through, Favre's hurt, we'll worry about our division first. See you at playoff time.

Clarkmeister
10-22-2002, 07:43 PM
The Vikes need to worry about whether or not they will get the #1 pick in the draft by losing more than Houston. Playoffs are obviously a pipe dream.

Stats are from NFL.com. Hate to disrupt you delusion with reality.

10-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Has anyone looked at Rice first 4 years and compared them to Randy Moss - if one would it is really no contest. Once Red fricken McCombs sells the Vikes, moss again will have just enough talent around him to continue shattering Jerry's astonishing numbers. Rice better continue wheeling his sorry ass out to the field for another 20 years if he wants to continue to hold the records in another 10 years. Rice aka FUFU from his niners days is nothing - how come nobody brings up the fact that he continued to play in the bay area, would not have anything to do with his openly gay lifestyle he enjoys so much out in that progressive area?

HDPM
10-24-2002, 12:57 PM
"how come nobody brings up the fact that he continued to play in the bay area, would not have anything to do with his openly gay
lifestyle he enjoys so much out in that progressive area?"

Maybe because it's irrelevant and nobody really cares except you. Or they never knew about it. I didn't. Now that you mention it, I don't know if it's true. And I think it's irrelevant. And I don't care. But I wonder why you do.

10-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Difference between Texas and the Bay Area:
Only things in Texas are steers and Queers,
only things in the Bay area are 49er fans, Raider fans and Queers, oh what's that - Raider and 49er fans are all queer, never mind. Answers the questions why Raider fans dress in drag every Sunday.

10-24-2002, 01:22 PM
Right on . Did you read this weeks Sporting News. They say the Vikes will have one off the best offences from here on . Just a few changes, minor, to prevent "pepper" from throwing intercepts. And Bryant Mckinnie will be here. Remember you got that scoop from "Jerry"