PDA

View Full Version : How high can it go?

Uston
10-20-2002, 05:40 PM
71, 69, 54, 78, 79, 39, 79. A mean of 67. These are the total number of points scored in each Kansas City Chiefs game this season. What's the biggest total you've ever seen in an NFL game? Could a total of 60 be possible in next week's KC/Oak game?

Wildbill
10-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Well looks like no, it is around 55 right now. I am ready to start betting under on Chiefs games, but I will wait until they actually play one first. Both team's first halves today makes me think that an under might happen next week, but I am certainly not going to risk any money on it. This things don't last forever though, I feel almost certain that the Chiefs will play no more than 50% overs the rest of the year. The public will overadjust and the Chiefs will change their game up a bit because this style of play is obviously not working as evidenced by their lousy record, albeit earned against a difficult schedule.

mikelow
10-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Don't know. They can't stop anyone! But one game went under--against Jacksonville.

I would wait for the a big total like 56 or 57 and go under.

Wildbill
10-21-2002, 01:26 AM
Well these things seem to be never ending trends but they always end at some point. I won't blindly go against it, but I am just saying that at some point things do change 9 times out of 10 and you get to bet against those that think they will never end. Buffalo seemed on track to be just like this and today's game came in under. I don't want to say teams "figure" things out, they just tend to make little adjustments that work out for them. Teams are always adjusting and eventually they find the right adjustment that works. As for waiting until a 56 or 57, that could be this weeks game. The Raiders Bills game was 51 early on and moved 2.5 points and still went way over, wouldn't be surprised if the public jumped on this one like that and moved this number to a 58. Still I won't go against this trend yet, just patiently wait for it to end.