PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitor Hardware

aLOWdAkING
04-01-2005, 05:25 PM
So, I have a spare monitor around my house, and am wondering what is needed to be installed to have a dual monitor setup so I can multitable better without overlap.

Thanks

Freakin
04-01-2005, 05:41 PM
better skills

NateDog
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Dual monitor supporting video card. XP or Win2K OS.

jetsg4
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
posting this with the assumption that the monitor you have lying around use vga not dvi, and that you are running 2k or xp

if you have a video card already installed that has a vga and a dvi port, you will need an adaptor like the link below to attach the vga monitor to the dvi port

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50178328&pfp=BROWSE

if you are using built-in video on the motherboard, you will have to purchase a video card to run the second monitor

after you have the hardware setup, right click on you desktop in a and go to properties

go to the settings tab

click the identify button, this will place large numbers on your monitors labeling them in relation to how you computer has them assigned

there will be 1,2, and maybe 3 blue boxes in the greyed out area of the settings tab.

click whichever box that represents your 2nd monitor

click "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor"

you may need to change the resolution of the 2nd monitor and you can drag the numbered boxes around to allign them in relation to how the are arranged on your desk

JET

i'm much better @ doing things than explaining them, so if you need help with the software setup, message me on msn @ jetsg4@yahoo.com and i'll walk you through it or we can use remote assistance if you have xp.