PDA

View Full Version : IPOD docks

sublime
04-01-2005, 05:20 PM
whats the best one? best value? should i get one?

SomethingClever
04-01-2005, 05:38 PM
They should come with certain models. I got the 40-gig and it just came with a dock.

sublime
04-01-2005, 05:40 PM
a sound dock i mean. i heard about the BOSE one, but wanted to check here first.

my stereo is weak and most of my music is stored on my IPOD, so it seems to make sense to get one. i dont want to waste money though.

SomethingClever
04-01-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a sound dock i mean. i heard about the BOSE one, but wanted to check here first.

my stereo is weak and most of my music is stored on my IPOD, so it seems to make sense to get one. i dont want to waste money though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should just be able to run a cord from the headphone out into your receiver. Small stereo to RCA or whatever.

There may be some smidge of increase in sound quality if you use a "dock," but I doubt you'd notice.

freekobe
04-01-2005, 05:55 PM
I bought this (http://tinyurl.com/3szpd) a few months back. It's terrific. Charges your Ipod and has pretty powerful speakers.

sublime
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
hmmmmmm. i will look at it but i woould probably need to buy some cord to hook up my IPOD to the boombox.

freekobe
04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
The point is that you don't need to hook it up to your boom box. It has its own speakers. You just plug it into the wall. It also acts as a dock for charging too.

If you're looking to connect your Ipod to your boombox, you don't need a docking station.

sublime
04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
i didnt get speakiers with mine. are you suggestion i just do that?

SomethingClever
04-01-2005, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i woould probably need to buy some cord

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If you already have a good stereo, this is the way to go, IMO.

freekobe
04-01-2005, 06:55 PM
To summarize:

1) If you want to connect your Ipod to your home stereo, buy a cord. It's not expensive. The downside is that you'll also need to charge your Ipod, either simultaneously or separately when it's not playing

2) Buy the device I linked to. It will charge your Ipod and play music as well. It has its own built-in speakers. You can also travel with it so you'll have music on the road as well.