PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a Full House in the BB Heads Up - Flop Play?

Dov
04-01-2005, 05:14 PM
I was playing in a live 15-30 game last night with a bunch of people who I've played with before, but they haven't seen me in a while.

8 handed

Hero is in the BB with K7o

UTG raises, folded to hero who calls. (I'm not worried about domination here, so please don't respond that I should have folded preflop. My question about this hand is in the flop play.)

Flop KK7

Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero raises.

UTG thinks for a while and folds.

UTG respects my play. My question is this:

I was thinking that since I know he respects my play, if I just smooth call the flop then there is nothing he can put me on besides a K or a big PP that I could be holding and my hand will be exposed to him.

If I check raise the flop, then maybe he will think I'm bluffing.

If he has a real hand, then hopefully I'll get played back at.

If he has nothing, then I won't get played with anyway.

I figured that if I slowplay here, he won't bet again.

The only other thing I can think of is to lead at the flop to make it look like a bluff.

As it turns out, he claims to have had pocket Queens, and that he would have bet the turn and folded to a check raise.

I showed the hand and then check raised every paired flop last night. I stole a lot of pots like this.

Anyway, I wanted comments about the flop play.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Dov

rtrombone
04-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Check-raising the flop is correct. He didn't have queens.

onegymrat
04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
You are headsup with the nut full-house. This is the only time to slowplay. If he is the type to be aggressive headsup, then even better. Let him bet all the way to poverty.

flub
04-02-2005, 01:06 AM
He didn't have QQ. You weren't gonna get decent action outta this hand if he only had air, so don't worry about it. If he had a K you would do well with this line, and if not it helps your meta-game.

well played.

-flub

addickt
04-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Click on fold to any bet..

LAGmaniac
04-03-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are headsup with the nut full-house. This is the only time to slowplay. If he is the type to be aggressive headsup, then even better. Let him bet all the way to poverty.

[/ QUOTE ]