PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 question

VBM
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
I guess I could google for a walkthrough, but it's more fun asking you guys.

I'm in a spot where there are 3 turrets and 4 entrances into the maze. there are too many damned soldiers coming and they always overrun my turrets & i can't kill them & resetup my turrets fast enough. how to beat this part?

pshreck
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
www.gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com)

fluxrad
04-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Are you talking about the place that looks like a prison?

Use some crates to block off one of the entrances, the combine are idiots so they won't bust open the crates and you're home free. It'll still take you a few times, but you'll get it done that way.

offTopic
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm in a spot where there are 3 turrets and 4 entrances into the maze. there are too many damned soldiers coming and they always overrun my turrets & i can't kill them & resetup my turrets fast enough. how to beat this part?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> Here's what I did:

There are six crates in that area. I stacked them up 3-2-1 in stairstep fashion, and used them to jump up onto the second floor. You can then set up one turret to protect the stairs leading back down to the ground floor, and set up one each in each of the hallways, pointing back down to the ground floor.

The soldiers won't come in until you grab the third turret, so set up the first two, then grab the third one, drop it, hop up your makeshift staircase, and use the gravity gun to get it up to the top floor.

IIRC, about halfway through the fight, some soldiers will appear on the top floor - I think they rappelled from the roof or something. You can kill them easily enough, and then reset the turrets if they knock any of them over. Besides that, you just need to protect the one by the stairs.

Google contains other ways, but I was pretty happy to figure this out on my own after getting killed several times.

Good luck.
</font>

VBM
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
awesome...omg, that never occured to me...

offTopic
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about the place that looks like a prison?

Use some crates to block off one of the entrances, the combine are idiots so they won't bust open the crates and you're home free. It'll still take you a few times, but you'll get it done that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this at Normal or whatever the highest difficulty is? I tried this initially (at Normal), and it seems like they blew up the crates with grenades...maybe I didn't have them set up close enough to the entrance. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
i stacked boxes untill i could get up to this balcony type area. Then i just chucked nades down at em.

TimM
04-01-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm in a spot where there are 3 turrets and 4 entrances into the maze. there are too many damned soldiers coming and they always overrun my turrets &amp; i can't kill them &amp; resetup my turrets fast enough. how to beat this part?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always play on the highest difficulty, and this was one of the two parts I thought I might not get past. it took many tries, but I eventually got through. You don't have to stay in that little area, once they start getting in, you can run out and there is some health and ammo nearby.

Also, there is a way to get the turrets upright easily. Just grab it and look up, and it will go upright.

The second time I played, I carried an extra turret all through the map, so that I would have a 4th. It wasn't easy to get it through some of the narrow spots, but it did help a lot.

I never tried climbing back up to the 2nd level.

VBM
04-01-2005, 08:25 PM
thx all. i'm now in the "AntiCitizen #1" phase.

i know i'm like, majorly treading dorkdom territory here, but i dig the scientist's daughter... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

offTopic
04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thx all. i'm now in the "AntiCitizen #1" phase.

i know i'm like, majorly treading dorkdom territory here, but i dig the scientist's daughter... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
http://nfhl.stsland.ru/image/hl2/npc/alyx.jpg
"...as if..."

VBM
04-01-2005, 08:39 PM
OT, i can't tell if ur agreeing w/ me or not...but i appreciate getting to see her outside of dodging headcrabs and such. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif