PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 PL AQ hand

swolfe
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I posted this in Mid/High, but it's not getting much action. Can you guys take a look and give me some thoughts? No real reads, but I have been raising fairly often from LP and making continuation bets that haven't been shown down. This leads me to believe that Villain could have check min-raised me with any Ace.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (10 handed)

Hero ($778.06)
SB ($246.8)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
4 folds, Hero raises to $14, 2 folds, SB (poster) calls $12, 1 fold.

Flop: ($32) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $25, SB raises to $50, Hero raises to $125, SB raises to $200, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $357

This one kind of bothered me. His check-minraise didn't tell me much, so I felt I needed to re-raise to find out how serious he was about the hand. I probably could have made that a smaller bet. His re-re-minraise said "I have AK or better".

Would anyone fold to the initial raise? Should I have just pushed his short stack?

I suppose another line could have been to call the min-raise and re-evaluate on the turn...but then am I check-folding unimproved? If so, why bother with the call when I only have 2-5 outs...

hfrog355
04-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Ugh, what a mess. I think you're not getting any replies is because this situation sucks.

I would have just called it down and re-evaluated, but then again, you have slim chances of improving on the turn. It's hard to imagine he's got the 6, and, to me, equally hard to make him out with AK - for sure A something. Possibly A6s? Good, tough lay down though. If I were in your spot, he'd have 6-6 in his hand so it doesn't really matter what I do.

BobboFitos
04-01-2005, 05:31 PM
swolfe I dont understand the third raise on the flop

if you put in a 3rd raise you're putting in too much money for too little information / protection / no value / etc.

All weaker aces fold. Do you really think it's that likely has a flush draw? Trips make a lot more against you.

You have position, call and see a turn. Depending on how much he bets andwhat falls would decide the rest of the hand

swolfe
04-01-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah, that's where i was unsure of my action. i felt like i needed to put in another raise to say, "no, really, i have a good hand here. FOLD PLZ." that was definitely the wrong thing to do...blech