PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Undercard

Rushmore
04-01-2005, 04:52 PM
What if a bunch of players at 2+2 were to send the poker room manager at a particular internet poker site a petition (or formal request, whatever) requesting that the seats that they won for the main event be used instead to buy into several of the preliminary events?

We all know the point is to get on television for the sponsoring site. Does it not make sense that twenty or thirty players spread throughout four or five of the earlier events (which will all obviously run on ESPN ad infinitum) stand a better chance at more face time than those same twenty or thirty all lost in the mass of humanity at the main event?

PLUS, we might assume that any of these players making nice scores would also enter the main event, thusly creating a lovely parlay for the site in question.

Obviosuly, one of the problems would be the accomodations, but hey--we've got MONTHS to sort all of that out.

Just seems like good business to me, for all parties concerned.

Thoughts?

slickpoppa
04-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Most of the heavy hitters on 2+2 could probably afford to buy in directly to some of the undercard events and I don't think anyone would want to risk their main event seat. The only way for this to be appealing would be if Stars let people who qualify for more than one seat to use their W$ towards the undercards. I think that the possibility this happening is small, but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

italianstang
04-01-2005, 05:13 PM
I think this is an EXCELLENT idea. There are so many damn poker sites starting up that one of them would probably be happy to have several dozen new, dedicated players. I won my ME seat on UltimateBet a month ago which means I am pretty much screwed when it comes to playing the smaller events. UB only lets me win ONE WSOP tournament total. PStars and everyone else forces you to play the first one you win. There is no site I can find that will let you spread out your WSOP winnings over several events. Even if the site offered satellites that went directly in to specific smaller events that would be fine too, the schedule is already posted. AND, I just thought of this, what if "gasp", in a satellite to the Razz tournament or the Omaha 8/B tournament they played something other than No Limit Hold Em. I am on board with this idea.

LLKOOLK1
04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Im pretty sure that after you gualify you can use your extra WSOP dollars towards other WSOP events. At least on pokerstars. I could be wrong though, let me know

Lurshy
04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Having more players in other events won't increase the chances of a site's player winning the BIG 1, which is worth a lot more publicity than just the espn on-air time.

That said, it certainly would be nice to see on-line sats for the other events.