PDA

View Full Version : 67 suited on the button...

dozer
04-01-2005, 03:59 PM
This is my first post.. I have been lurking around here for a bit and I really like the advice given here. I posted this hand on another forum and have received a lot of replies on how my flop raise was really bad, and wanted to hear the opinion of 2+2 ers on how bad this raise really was, and why it was bad.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Thanks /images/graemlins/cool.gif

FishHooks
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Preflop: good call
FLop: nice raise (it was very odd the SB called the original raise but not the 3 bet when he was getting better odds on that the 3-bet call)
Turn: good bet for value
River: bet for value

Isura
04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Flop raise is okay if you think you can a free card. You don't want to chase out too many hands with 7 high. It's an easy raise if you had QJ diamonds, where your overcards could also win the pot.

More importantly, why didn't you bet the river?? I hope the people in the other forum didn't advocate checking that river.
That's terrible checking behind. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jaxUp
04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
I actually kind of like the flop raise as you do have a pretty solid draw, and it will often get you a free card. I don't really mind the river check either, as BB has shown a willingness to c/r already. NH IMO.

wax311
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I think it's a good raise. Standard free card play.

wax311
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

That's terrible checking behind. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Isura
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm just not sure what hand with a J villian is check-raising. Is he check-raising a strong flush draw (with overcards) here?
I first thought this was a Party hand, maybe the UB games are tighter and the players are trickier.

dozer
04-01-2005, 04:08 PM
i felt it was a good raise too on the flop..but started doubting myself after 4 people said it was wrong and minus EV..etc. They also said that the river check was good. My original question was actually if i should have bet the river for value. Thats a part of my game that I'm having the most trouble with.

jaxUp
04-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Hmmm...I thought maybe a OESD+BDFD, or FD+BDSD, maybe just a FD. But I have decided that against an unknown, a value bet is likely best here. With an appropriate read, a check would be more called for.

gvibes
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I would forget about the weak-tightie forum.

The raise could have been a little thin (since we're drawing to the ass end of the straight), but with the backdoor flush draw, I think it's a no-brainer.

BriPlay
04-01-2005, 07:09 PM
i agree..if you cant put him on a hand that gives you solid reason to check..i'd bet the river