PDA

View Full Version : QUAD table setup

raptor517
04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
ok, so i finally shelled out the money to setup for quad tables. i just ordered 3 2001 fps, and am picking up another one from usher tonight at commerce.

i need to find a good stand so i can do a square stack. yugo posted this link.. http://www.ergoindemand.com/computer_monitor_stand_quad.htm which looks good to me, but is kinda pricey for a stand. im not sure how much they usually run, but is there anything cheaper out there?

also, i gotta find a good video card that can support 4 monitors. the one i have can only do 2. anybody have any ideas on what i could get? thanks a bunch. holla

Mr_J
04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
"i just ordered 3 2001 fps, and am picking up another one from usher tonight at commerce. "

It's impossible to tell if this is an april fools or not. It's crazy, but you're crazy enough to try it...

"i gotta find a good video card that can support 4 monitors"

ka-ching??? I dunno but it sounds like it??

"kinda pricey for a stand"

This coming from a guy who hits high teens at the $55s 8 tabling 24/7.

TheUsher
04-01-2005, 04:06 PM
*drools* This makes my 2 screen setup look like crap now. Thanks rap! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I really really really need to play more to get this setup too. It's a shame you don't live around here. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, why don't you PM that dude that has the 4 now in the original thread as he might be able to give you some tips.

Chaos81
04-01-2005, 04:07 PM
While I can't help at all with any thing you asked, I wanted to say the setup sounds pretty sweet. Can't wait to see a picture of it all.

raptor517
04-01-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"i just ordered 3 2001 fps, and am picking up another one from usher tonight at commerce. "

It's impossible to tell if this is an april fools or not. It's crazy, but you're crazy enough to try it...

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, no april fools, im going to be 16 tabling before ya know it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
"i gotta find a good video card that can support 4 monitors"

ka-ching??? I dunno but it sounds like it??

[/ QUOTE ]

yea yea, itll be pricey, but i gotta have it. i dont think itll be any more than 300 though..

[ QUOTE ]
"kinda pricey for a stand"

This coming from a guy who hits high teens at the $55s 8 tabling 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

ACTUALLY.. i have been 8 tabling the 109s. havent played the 55s in almost a month. hah.

holla

Jman28
04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Post this in the internet forum. You should get better help there.

-Jman28

The Yugoslavian
04-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Didn't Suited post a link in that thread to a cheaper monitor stand? I didn't really look for more than ~15 seconds for one.

You should pm The Dude (the guy who just got the quad monitor setup and ask him for advice and/or pitfalls). He's got hands on experience and stuff.

Yugoslav

SuitedPair
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Multi-Monitor Resources (http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/products.asp)

SuitedSixes
04-01-2005, 05:49 PM
I am SO frickin' jealous.

You don't need a card that supports 4 monitors, you can use two cards that support two monitors. For simplicity's sake you should probably just get another of the one that you already have. You will probably need some multi-monitor software, the one I use is "multimon" and it does the trick.

Monitor stands are expensive, and I don't really understand why. When I finally go to 4, I am just going to wall mount them to save on desk space. Get four of these (http://www.bracketsandstands.com/lcd1.htm) and you are set.

To re-iterate: I am SO frickin' jealous.

raptor517
04-01-2005, 07:49 PM
hmm. the vid card i use used to be the best on the market for games, so i dont relaly wanna have to shell out for another one of them.. i wonder if i can get a cheaper radeon for like 100 that would do the trick.. then get that software or whatever. thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

SuitedSixes
04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
I read somewhere that you should, at least, stick with the same brand.

raptor517
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
ayt coo, i got a radeon 9800 pro, and i think i can get a bajillion radeons now for under 100 bucks, sooo, i guess ill get whatever will allow dual monitors, and figure some way to rig em both up. holla

The Yugoslavian
04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
radeon 9800 pro

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is very good. Except once I started playing poker, I stopped playing games....so it's basically worthless to me now....meh.

Yugoslav
Bwahahahahaha!

SuitedSixes
04-01-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bwahahahahaha!

[/ QUOTE ]

Add this to the list.

raptor517
04-01-2005, 08:28 PM
well.. should i get another one of em or what? oooor like a 9600 non pro? meh, i gotta ask one of my compter gamer people. meh, i cant wait till i get this all set up /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

BradleyT
04-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Google "Matrox Quad" to find quad display G-cards.

raptor517
04-01-2005, 09:29 PM
meh, i think im just gonna buy a cheap radeon next time im at best buy. i dont see a reason to get a special card just for 4 monitors if i can use two that both support 2, then link em up somehow. meh, i dont think it should be THAT hard for my little brain to figure out, but we'll c. holla