PDA

View Full Version : New AleoMagus spreadsheet version 2.2e

Slim Pickens
04-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry for the constant spreadsheet spam but I realized my morning ROI is not actually -127%, and therefore there was still a bug in the time of day splits. It's fixed now. If anyone finds stuff like this, please post it so I can fix it. As soon as I add a factor for rakeback, it should be ready for a stable, relatively bug-free, release.

download here
(zip file 2.1 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_v2.2e.zip)
(unzipped file 10.4 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_v2.2e.xls)

Slim Pickens
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
bump

This is the latest version right here, linked in the previous post.

The most up-to-date version can always be found here.
http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/

Slim

Slim Pickens
04-04-2005, 11:24 PM
bump for the night shift

Let me know if there are any problems to report or feature requests.

Slim

kspade
04-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Stupid question of the day - does this work
with Microsoft Works?

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm going to guess it will, although I can't say I know for sure.

Slim

Marcotte
04-05-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stupid question of the day - does this work
with Microsoft Works?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe. It's been a while since I've been on this board. It's good to see this spreadsheet is still being passed around. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I don't think all features will work with MS Works. Specifically, the macros ("user interface") won't work, AFAIK. I don't think Works supports VBA, but I may be wrong.

kspade
04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks M, I think you're right (see my new post about help, lol).

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hehe. It's been a while since I've been on this board. It's good to see this spreadsheet is still being passed around. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
...like a five-dollar hooker at an air force base.

J-Lo
04-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Is there a program out there that scans your HD for the HH and automatically records them? This would allow me to 8 table constantly instead of in sets.

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Not yet, although it seems theoretically possible to somehow write recognition table opening and closing into the autorecording macro.

Another possibility is a standalone executable that could parse the HH files stored on the HD and convert them to new Excel sheets that could be easily cut-and-pasted into the AM sheet. It wouldn't be realtime, but it doesn't really have to be. I know how I'd do it in MatLab, but that can't be compiled. Someone who knows an actual programming language might be able to do this though.

Any takers?

Slim

johnny005
04-05-2005, 05:25 PM
hey guys just wondering what a few things on the spreadsheet mean?
On the left side it says 65% in 100 tourneys profit of? (states the range of profit)
then it says 95% in 100 games with the sme thing I'm just wondering where its getting these #'s 65% and 95% and what the sheet is trying to tell me?

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 05:36 PM
That just means that if (big if there) your finish distribution over the sample recorded on that particular sheet is representitave of how you would finish over two jillion tournaments, and you then took blocks of 100 (or whatever number you put there... it's grey --> you can change it) tournaments, 65% of those 100-tournament samples would show a profit within the range it gives. Since even a full sheet of 750 is still too small to really represent a true ROI, I wouldn't worry too much about what it's trying to tell you.

Slim

johnny005
04-05-2005, 05:42 PM
ok thanks

1C5
04-06-2005, 02:59 PM
How do i autorecord results? The only thing I see is filling in what place I finish after I play.

dfscott
04-06-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do i autorecord results? The only thing I see is filling in what place I finish after I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the "Start Recording Tournaments" button on the SNGx sheet.

1C5
04-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah but I still have to type what place I finished right?

dfscott
04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but I still have to type what place I finished right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Now you know why I'm writing the PT import functionality.

1C5
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Let me know when you finish that, I will be a tester for it if you like.

lehighguy
04-10-2005, 07:00 AM
Does this thing record my tournaments automatically like poker tracker?

dfscott
04-10-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this thing record my tournaments automatically like poker tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean importing from HH, it doesn't do that. You can use the built-in UI to record them as you play, so it's "automatic" in that respect. I'm also working on a version to import them from Poker Tracker, but there's no plans to import directly from hand histories (that I know about).

For that type of functionality, I'd suggest Hood's SNG Tracker (http://sng.pokercomment.com/). It's still a beta, but it's pretty sweet and I imagine that it will ultimately eclipse the AM spreadsheet.

1C5
04-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah the SNG tracker is nice also but I really like the spreadsheet for some reason. And even better now with dfscott's latest mod. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

lehighguy
04-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Tnx for the info

XChamp
04-17-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also working on a version to import them from Poker Tracker, but there's no plans to import directly from hand histories (that I know about).

[/ QUOTE ]

dfscott,

When do you think you will have this ready? I have hundreds of sit and goes waiting to be automatically entered into AleoMagus' spread sheeet...:)

Slim Pickens
04-17-2005, 07:16 PM
It should be out soon. I'm saying within a week but I'm not the source. I successfully passed the AM Spreadsheet tinkering monkey on to dfscott. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif A few of us are beta-testing and I promise you it's gonna be sweet.

Slim

dfscott
04-17-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also working on a version to import them from Poker Tracker, but there's no plans to import directly from hand histories (that I know about).

[/ QUOTE ]

dfscott,

When do you think you will have this ready? I have hundreds of sit and goes waiting to be automatically entered into AleoMagus' spread sheeet...:)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very close. Right now, I'm tracking down a bug where if you have a error in a PT tournament, it blows the whole import up. As soon as I get that nailed, I'll put it out as a beta. Probably in a few days.

XChamp
04-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear.