PDA

View Full Version : Two Week Challenge - *Complete*

SomethingClever
04-01-2005, 03:06 PM
Here is the post I originally made in this forum stating the terms of my Two Week Challenge.

link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1933546&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

In short, I was going to stop checking my Empire balance for the remainder of the month, a period of about two weeks.

Well, it's April 1, and I checked my balance yesterday.

When I began the challenge, I was running horribly. I tried to clear the pokerroom bonus and got owned. I was losing close to 3 BB/100 on Party skins. I was down with KK, QQ, JJ, AKo and 99, to name a few.

At one point, I did hit -300 BB, if you extend back into the end of February.

So, being overbankrolled anyway, I decided that I needed to stop looking at my balance. I thought this would help me relax and play good poker, and stop being results-oriented.

Well, it did. It wasn't easy at first, but after a few days, I did notice I was much calmer while I was playing.

I got a little anxious to check my balance near the end of the month, but other than that, I ended up enjoying it so much that I plan on checking my balance *much* less often in the future, and certainly not after every single session.

When I started the challenge I had about 270 BB in Empire. Now I have 575. Variance obviously started to catch up with me in a positive way, but I also think I was playing much better poker, because I wasn't obsessing about winning and losing 10, 15, 30 or even 50 BB here and there.

If you already know you're a winning player, and you've got plenty of roll, I recommend this to anyone. It's been incredibly refreshing, and I'm hoping the positive effects will stick with me.

jba
04-01-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When I started the challenge I had about 270 BB in Empire. Now I have 575.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice work and a pretty good idea. How did you avoid seeing at least an idea of where you're at in pokertracker?

also, how many hands did you play in these two weeks?

peace

Alobar
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
cool man....I really feel inspired to to do this as well. Unfortunately now I gotta wait till after my challenge...doh!

Thanks for the update!

SomethingClever
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice work and a pretty good idea. How did you avoid seeing at least an idea of where you're at in pokertracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I only used PT to import hands.... I never opened my stats during the two weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
also, how many hands did you play in these two weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure, but I had about 17k for the month, so probably about half that.