PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious check. Happens from time to time.

aflaba
04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Unknown opponent.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

OK. Why is he checking? To me this means powerhouse like 90% of the time.

Turn: (1.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

[censored], I got a pair. Should I call down or fold?

River: (3.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

Grisgra
04-01-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

OK. Why is he checking? To me this means powerhouse like 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you calling in this tiny tiny pot? Curiousity?

People do limp in with weak aces, tricky bastards. The pot here just isn't big enough that I need to sate my curiousity. He could have pocket threes and still be kicking my ass.

Maybe he's just got K-high or Q-high, and you're fine. But I dump it.

aflaba
04-01-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then why are you calling in this tiny tiny pot? Curiousity?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm a gready idiot and want to win the small pots almost as badly as the big pots. This may be a big leak in my game.

fnord_too
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Without a reason to believe otherwise, I would say he checks because he has no hand. On the turn, if you are going to call a bet, bet and fold to a raise. Personally, I check fold that puppy with no regrets.

MAxx
04-01-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without a reason to believe otherwise, I would say he checks because he has no hand. On the turn, if you are going to call a bet, bet and fold to a raise. Personally, I check fold that puppy with no regrets.

[/ QUOTE ]

word- my thoughts exactly. i am not a caller hear. most likely a check-folder.. occasionally a bet folder.

BK_
04-01-2005, 09:02 PM
if you want to win a small pot, bet the flop.

given you checked the flop, bet the turn. even if you didnt make a hand, bet the turn. his flop check is very often nothing

TJD
04-03-2005, 05:45 AM
Suspicious check? YOUR check was suspicious.

Bet the flop! No question! Online, this must be bet 100% of the time. In a game with regulars you might need to mix it up but in your situation here, failing to bet is AWFUL!

That bet is the last money you put in the pot.

T

sy_or_bust
04-03-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop! No question!
That bet is the last money you put in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]