PDA

View Full Version : Not a Joke... Pope Dead

skoal2k4
04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Read the RED breaking news on the top of page (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/01/pope1/index.html)

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read the RED breaking news on the top of page (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/01/pope1/index.html)

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

meh.

pshreck
04-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Thought you might have created one of those mock CNN pages, but now www.yahoo.com (http://www.yahoo.com) has it too.

Kind of hard to believe it actually happened.

prizminferno
04-01-2005, 02:32 PM
gg

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 02:33 PM
According to CNBC, he's still alive, but it looks like he's just barely clinging to life.

STLantny
04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Fox has him as dead, so does italian news.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
RIP Pope John Paul II /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IndieMatty
04-01-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
RIP Pope John Paul II /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

whiskeytown
04-01-2005, 02:38 PM
I was more upset about Mother Teresa dying -

those popes have a history of getting a lot of decadant sex - he's had a good life, I suspect. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Who had April 1 in the pool?

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 02:39 PM
The red headline (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/04/01/pope1/index.html) was taken off of the CNN site. It looks like they jumped the gun.

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was more upset about Mother Teresa dying -

those popes have a history of getting a lot of decadant sex - he's had a good life, I suspect. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. You Mother T was getting hers.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 02:40 PM
How bout the guy that shot the Pope. Does he go straight to hell?

PoBoy321
JP2 met him in prison and forgave him. I think he's gonna do alright.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
How bout the guy that shot the Pope. Does he go straight to hell?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he was forgiven.

STLantny
04-01-2005, 02:44 PM
APRIL FOOLS!!!

He's alive now according to fox and others....Im assuming he will be dead soon.

skoal2k4
04-01-2005, 02:45 PM
I didn't post as an April Fools... I saw it on cnn's website and then turned on Headline News and they said the same thing.

pshreck
04-01-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
APRIL FOOLS!!!

He's alive now according to fox and others....Im assuming he will be dead soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im assuming hes dead now, but the stubborn church refuses to confirm it.

Yahoo hasnt changed from saying he is reportedly dead.

STLantny
04-01-2005, 02:48 PM
I know, that you didnt post it as April fools....they keep goign back and forth though between dead and alive.

skoal2k4
04-01-2005, 02:50 PM
yeah... I wish they would just confirm or deny it already... It's a cliffhanger of the worst kind

mason55
04-01-2005, 02:52 PM
He was later taken to a better hospital where his status was upgraded to 'alive' apparently

TheJunkyardGod
04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Is the pope the new Terri Shiavo?

Drudge said he was dead, then said his heart and brain were functioning.

Voltron87
It's not that much of a cliffhanger, he's as good as dead anyway.

ChristinaB
[ QUOTE ]
yeah... I wish they would just confirm or deny it already... It's a cliffhanger of the worst kind

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a cliffhanger?

We all know he is going to die, does it matter exactly when?

Today, next week, whatever.

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 02:56 PM
...this actually IS an April Fools joke by the Pope, and in a half hour he bunjee jumps out of his bedroom window?

NoChance
Live Link (with sound) (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/home/main100.shtml)

Click live shot of Vatican on the left

radek2166
When the Pope was shot. I as 13 years old. I was at my Grandmothers house. I remember thinking what is the world coming to? Certain things in life you dont do. You dont tug on supermans cape or, spit into the wind and you DEFINETLY DON'T SHOT THE POPE.

I say this with a straight face not in jest. That one has allways dumbfounded me. Other things in life puzzle me. Such as hotdogs and buns, people that hurt children, people that talk on cellphones while they drive, Then flip you off cause they drift into your lane. How someone could run a plane into a building in the name of GOD. The Isreal and PLO battle. The Steelers not being able to win a AFC championship game in the 21 century. How people can think Wayne Gretzky was a better hockey player than Mario Lemieux.
Hate, Racisim, sucker punches, People that tap on the glass(you know who you are). I am sure their are more as the day goes on I will post them.

Just a few random thoughts.

Enjoy,
Steve

BusterStacks
04-01-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Drudge said he was dead, then said his heart and brain were functioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should make him into Krang.

Or the Six Million Dollar Pope.

radek2166
[ QUOTE ]
I know, that you didnt post it as April fools....they keep goign back and forth though between dead and alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bon Jovi?

Shajen
Dog, I was with you up til this point:

[ QUOTE ]
How people can think Wayne Gretzky was a better hockey player than Mario Lemieux.

[/ QUOTE ]

skoal2k4
04-01-2005, 02:58 PM
I must admit... I'd laugh my ass off

mason55
SO you're comparing people who think wayne gretzky is better than mario lemieux (gretzky had messier on the second line and he had kurri, lemieux had jagr and not much else) to the guy who shot the pope...

Doesn't really seem like an apt comparison.

radek2166
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a cliffhanger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup we all are going to die. Some of us are just closer than others.

MaxPower
[ QUOTE ]
He was later taken to a better hospital where his status was upgraded to 'alive' apparently

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Nice Simpsons reference.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]
How people can think Wayne Gretzky was a better hockey player than Mario Lemieux.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure their are more as the day goes on I will post them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, we've heard about enough, thanks.

mason55
04-01-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Nice Simpsons reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's the death of a pope without a good tv reference /images/graemlins/wink.gif

was hoping someone got it.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dog, I was with you up til this point:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were going to have to take this to its on thread.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SO you're comparing people who think wayne gretzky is better than mario lemieux (gretzky had messier on the second line and he had kurri, lemieux had jagr and not much else) to the guy who shot the pope...

Doesn't really seem like an apt comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not comparing them. Just saying that these things perplex me.

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it a cliffhanger?

[/ QUOTE ]

We all know everyone is going to die. But yea, it kinda matters when.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I am sure their are more as the day goes on I will post them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, we've heard about enough, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that hurts. I thought you guys cared about me!

Pope John Paul II
04-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I think I'll go for a walk.

--

I feel happy...

NoChance
04-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Live link to the Vatican (with sound) (http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/home/main100.shtml)

Click "Live Shot of the Vatican" on the left.

*Reposting link in case people missed it and it was buried*

meHIGHyouLOW
04-01-2005, 03:15 PM
Because im not catholic I dont understand how important pope is to normal catholics.

So could some explain what does it mean to catholic average joe when pope goes away?

Its the biggest headline even here right now, so I quess he is pretty damn important guy...

pshreck
04-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Everyone

Pope

God

BottlesOf
04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
He (meaning any pope, but certainly this one) is quite an important global political figure.

skoal2k4
04-01-2005, 03:30 PM
This link might help (http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12260a.htm)

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He (meaning any pope, but certainly this one) is quite an important global political figure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately.

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 03:34 PM
Why unfortunately? I don't see a problem with having a global leader who is necessarily opposed to war, discrimination and oppression of any kind.

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 03:41 PM
super mario was better than gretzky
imho

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why unfortunately? I don't see a problem with having a global leader who is necessarily opposed to war, discrimination and oppression of any kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right the Catholic Church is completely unselfish in its actions, and wants nothing except for everyone to live as they please. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right the Catholic Church is completely unselfish in its actions, and wants nothing except for everyone to live as they please. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
as long as you give them money

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 03:54 PM
When did I say anything about the Catholic church being perfect? Of course the church has its flaws, that doesn't change the fact that the Pope is probably the only world leader who opposes all wars, period.

Also, the Catholic church is actually one of the most liberal, accepting religions you'll find. There may be specific catholics who aren't, but mainstream catholic tradition is.

If you need me to elaborate, I will.

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When did I say anything about the Catholic church being perfect? Of course the church has its flaws, that doesn't change the fact that the Pope is probably the only world leader who opposes all wars, period.

Also, the Catholic church is actually one of the most liberal, accepting religions you'll find. There may be specific catholics who aren't, but mainstream catholic tradition is.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - There are things worth going to war over. And when they exist, we don't need the damn catholic church sticking its nose in.

2 - You're right. The church is so wonderful. I love the way what is one of the richest organizations in the world takes a ridiculous tithe (what is it like 10%?) from even its poorest members while preaching a bunch of crap about helping everyone so that a bunch of child molesters can live in comfort. (yes, i'm exaggerating but still...). It's nothing but a bunch of hypocrits. The church does pretty much everything that it does for its own interests.

o.k. sorry i'm off my soapbox. feel free to flame away or debate. i won't rejoin the topic because this isn't the proper forum.

Macdaddy Warsaw
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will almost definitely support everything PoBoy says. Also, JPII was a great influence on making the Church more liberal and accepting. So, I figure he should get your respect even if you hate everything else about the Church.

David04
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm kinda mad that Terry Schiavo and the pope didn't die on the same day. Can you imagine the news channels trying to cover both of them??

Macdaddy Warsaw
04-01-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - There are things worth going to war over. And when they exist, we don't need the damn catholic church sticking its nose in.

2 - You're right. The church is so wonderful. I love the way what is one of the richest organizations in the world takes a ridiculous tithe (what is it like 10%?) from even its poorest members while preaching a bunch of crap about helping everyone so that a bunch of child molesters can live in comfort. (yes, i'm exaggerating but still...). It's nothing but a bunch of hypocrits. The church does pretty much everything that it does for its own interests.

o.k. sorry i'm off my soapbox. feel free to flame away or debate. i won't rejoin the topic because this isn't the proper forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, Tithe? I haven't heard about a goddamn Tithe since the middle ages.

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF, Tithe? I haven't heard about a goddamn Tithe since the middle ages.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? every catholic i know pays the tithe. some of them even let their church take it directly from their bank accounts.

CORed
04-01-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'll go for a walk.

--

I feel happy...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not fooling anybody.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 04:22 PM
APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!
http://www.randomchaos.com/images/scrapbook/pope.jpg

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 04:24 PM
You just won me over, Steve...as long as you don't start up with that signature line again.

[ QUOTE ]
APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!
http://www.randomchaos.com/images/scrapbook/pope.jpg

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 04:27 PM
OK Deal! No Signature!

radek2166
04-01-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda mad that Terry Schiavo and the pope didn't die on the same day. Can you imagine the news channels trying to cover both of them??

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Understandably, this thread shouldn't be hijacked by a stupid argument over our opinios of the Catholic Church. I don't think that anything anyone could say here is going to change any opinions, so I won't try to, but I'll give my $0.02 on what you said.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, there are times when it is worth it to go to war. At the same time, I misspoke when I said that the Catholic Church is "necessarily opposed" to all wars. That isn't true. St. Thomas Aquinas developed a Just War Theory (http://www.iep.utm.edu/j/justwar.htm) which basically outlines the conditions necessary for going to war.

As for the Catholic Church "sticking its nose in" when a country goes to war, there's good reason for it. With a global Catholic population of over one billion, (http://www.cathnews.com/news/302/45.php) it stands to reason that in any conflict, Catholics are affected, and therefore, the Church has a right to take a stance on those issues.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tithing (http://www.memorare.com/reform/giving.html) is actually an important aspect of all Judeo-Christian religions. I know that paying alms to the poor (or Zakah) is one of the Five Pillars of Islam, and while I don't know the specifics, I believe that giving to the poor is also an important aspect of Judaism. In the Catholic tradition, the 10% of your income requested by the Church (which is a loose guideline based on scripture, although I can't find the verses right now), doesn't only fund the Church hierarchy, but also charitable institutions run by the Church (homeless shelters, soup kitchens, etc.) and schools.

Also, why shouldn't the Catholic church be the richest institution in the world? It's the largest and the oldest.

As for the comment about priests who've molested children, and the subsequent coverup by high-ranking Catholic officials, it disgusts me. At the same time, you have to at least concede the fact that Catholic priests do have a lower rate of child molestation than the general public. I found this article (http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/religion/re0534.html) which discusses this fact, although I can't find any hard information about the rates of child molestation among other groups.

I included links to articles and other resources in all of my arguments because I always like to have some information there in case someone calls shinanegans on me, but yeah, there I go. I'm done now, I promise. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Steve, after reading this post, (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2036792&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1) I think you should bring it back. Granted, when I first saw it I thought it was kinda dumb, but I didn't realize how meaningful it was.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 04:36 PM
I have more ways to remember my father than a tag signature on a poker forum. So it is ok.

Let's not hijack this, this is about the pope, not me.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 04:42 PM
The Pope had a heart attack and has recieved his last rites and communion.

News Source (http://www.mb.com.ph/MAIN2005040231831.html)

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
http://www.funrunner.co.uk/people/pope.JPG

eastbay
04-01-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it cool that he has this patently absurd position? I don't even think it's true.

eastbay

radek2166
04-01-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH!

PoBoy321
04-01-2005, 05:02 PM
You're right, it isn't true. I corrected myself. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2056269&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) It's still not far off.

Edge34
04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're going political AND fairly disrespectful here...nice work...really classy.

This is one of those threads where if you don't have anything good to say, keep it to your damn self. You don't have to like it, but instead of disrespecting the situation, just stay out of it.

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those threads where if you don't have anything good to say, keep it to your damn self. You don't have to like it, but instead of disrespecting the situation, just stay out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.funny-funny-pictures.com/dp/files/1-48.jpg

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
ROFL Thanks Jake!

Edge34
04-01-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ROFL Thanks Jake!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheer class...guess I shouldn't be surprised...

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.koit.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pope2.JPG

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ROFL Thanks Jake!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope and here is some more class!!!

"As you've probably heard, the Pope has asked all the Cardinals to return to Rome. You know how they got them all to come back? They told them that there was going to be a performance by the Vienna Boys Choir." --Jay Leno

"The Pope and President Clinton met. When you think about it, the Pope is probably the only guy in the world who's had more people kneel in front of him than President Clinton." –-Jay Leno

"President Bush met with the Pope in Rome. Did you see the picture of the two of them? Man, that poor guy, he has a blank look on his face like he doesn't know where he is. Then, the Pope told him, just be quiet and relax." --David Letterman

"You know that science teacher who had sex with her fifteen-year-old male student? She was trying to teach him the Big Bang theory. After hearing about her the Pope thought maybe women are ready to become priests." –-Jay Leno

"The Pope got heckled today while he was saying mass. The Pope heckled. One of the Cardinals said, 'We should never have started that two-drink minimum.'" –-Conan O'Brien

"President Bush is going to visit the Vatican. He says he's looking forward to meeting the Pope and Mrs. Pope." –-Conan O'Brien

"A recent survey found that the two most admired men in America are President Clinton and the pope. (laughs) The pope? President Clinton? One commits sin and the other is about forgiving it. The pope hears this, he'll be thinking, 'How do I beat this guy?!'" –-Jay Leno

"Pope John Paul said he's worried about the declining number of priests in the United States. On the other hand, it shows that our justice system is working." –-Jay Leno

"Important news from the Vatican, the Pope has ordered ten new Commandments." –-David Letterman

"The Pope announced that he is going to say mass in Israel next year. When asked why, the Pope said, 'I want to perform for a crowd that hasn't heard any of my material before.'" –-Conan O'Brien

"The Vatican is releasing a new CD that features Pope John Paul II reciting prayers while classical and rock music play underneath. I think the Pope is taking this thing a bit too far because today he announced he's having a feud with West Coast rappers." –-Conan O'Brien

"Pope John Paul II is 82, but it's a young 82. He and the Cardinals celebrated at the Vatican Hooters." –-David Letterman

Edge34
04-01-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.koit.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pope2.JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I'm the only person in the world who thinks making jokes about this situation is about the dumbest thing you could do. Yep, that's gotta be it.

I've got a sense of humor, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Whatever I say is just gonna get you to do more of this stupid [censored] anyways...

Edge34
04-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Steve,

There's a WORLD of difference betwen old jokes, and making about the current situation with the Pope dying. I'm surprised you can't see that...wait...no I'm not...

jakethebake
04-01-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've got a sense of humor, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Whatever I say is just gonna get you to do more of this stupid [censored] anyways...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I'm through. And you're right tasteless. Not really funny either. I just like pushing buttons. Apologies to you or anyone else I horribly offended.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh Sorry, I will have to find some new jokes.

Edge34
04-01-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I'm through. And you're right tasteless. Not really funny either. I just like pushing buttons. Apologies to you or anyone else I horribly offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

You did a fine job.

And as a side note, I wasn't HORRIBLY offended, but I'm sure some people would be. Like I said, 99% of the time, I can deal with some pretty bad stuff...this just didn't seem right...

All's good in the end.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All's good in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Thanks, I think I just found my new signature line!!!

Edge34
04-01-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All's good in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So in a few weeks when people are bitching about that one, you'll tell them about the near flame-war you had with Edge over the Pope's death thread? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All's good in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So in a few weeks when people are bitching about that one, you'll tell them about the near flame-war you had with Edge over the Pope's death thread? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No I will tell them that Edge gave me my new gay anthem!

All's good in the end.

SomethingClever
04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf? every catholic i know pays the tithe. some of them even let their church take it directly from their bank accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be different in different regions.

I grew up Italian Catholic, and I know nobody that tithes.

However, they "pass the basket" when you're actually at church, and people usually throw some $$$ in.

gaydar
04-01-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All's good in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://societies.ex.ac.uk/~lgb/images/gaydar.jpg

Gaydar has detected gayness in your post.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gaydar has detected gayness in your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

You Think???

Pinga
04-01-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm the april fool.

I had a couple of friends over a while ago and someone mentioned the pope. I said the pope died. A news story came on the TV about how he was still with us.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks.

Arnfinn Madsen
04-01-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gg

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gifHe would be laughing out loud if reading this one. His sense of humour.

Talk2BigSteve
04-01-2005, 10:16 PM

Bulldog
04-01-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When the Pope was shot. I as 13 years old. I was at my Grandmothers house. I remember thinking what is the world coming to? Certain things in life you dont do. You dont tug on supermans cape or, spit into the wind and you DEFINETLY DON'T SHOT THE POPE.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't want to wait in line. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Talk2BigSteve
04-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I think this is God's way of saying "OK, All you people on both sides of the Terry Schiavo debate...Who wants to pull the Pope's Tube? Anyone? Anyone?"