PDA

View Full Version : micro limit hand discussion group

tiltaholic
04-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Hey ML folk-

First. I apologize for starting a new thread about this, but I'm an attention whore. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Second. I think a lot of the recent posts on reading and responding to threads and having people post their thought processes instead on one word replys have resulted in a lot of quality discussion going on, and less threads with 1 or 2 responses.

Third. To hopefully continue this trend I am posting this to determine if there is interest in a micro limit session discussion group. This is how it will work:

Anyone who is interested in participating is welcome, regardless of limit played, or real or perceived level of expertise. This idea orginally spawned from my (and others') continued difficulties in moving from 1/2 to 2/4. But, I think any limit will work (we're starting with 2/4 though /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Someone, the nominated playah-of-the-week, will play a normal session of 2/4 between 100 and 200 hands or so. They will then circulate the full session hand history to all members of the group. Individual group members will critically review the session and comment on any and all hands as they see fit to the original playah. He/she will then forward to me the hand(s) with the most comments, be they consenting or dissenting opinions, or hands felt to be generally interesting or needing more input/decisiveness. I will then post these hand(s) in an annonymous fashion on the board once a weekish for further discussion. Designated "playah-of-the-week" will then rotate.

This will hopefully:
1. specifically help individual "group" members interested in having their play reviewed.
2. catch frequent, seemingly mundane marginal plays that often never get posted/reviewed.
3. provide hands to post on the boards that have already generated a discussion and likely involve issues people will enjoy reading.
4. sidestep the issue of "poster reputation" in which hands can be discussed independant of the expertise of the person playing the hand.

If you would like to "subscribe to my newsletter", PM me with an email address or email me at tiltaholic@gmail.com And if you want a gmail invite for this, I'll hook you up.

Firefly
04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Very interesting idea. I'm down. PM'ed my e-mail

Isura
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
I'd be interested, but I don't play much 2/4 yet. Mostly 1/2 and learning 1/2 6 max. But I like the idea. How about starting a second group for 1/2 full players? I'd be willing to help organize this, PM me.

[ QUOTE ]
First. I apologize for starting a new thread about this, but I'm an attention whore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, had to be done.

http://www.geocities.com/isura21/attentionwhore.jpg /images/graemlins/grin.gif

detruncate
04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm in. But on the condition that I don't ever have to refer to myself as "playah".

GrunchCan
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I'll be in.

FreakDaddy
04-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Good idea. I only play limit .5/1 and 1/2, but I'd be interested. I understand your purpose though. The transition periods are tough at times. I'm still working through mine. Let me know if you want to look at lower limits.

Peace.

big_river
04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm in the .5/1 trying to move to 1/2 group, too. But I'd be up for giving it a shot at 1/2.

jaxUp
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
FUKK yeah!!! I'm totally down. I suck at 2/4 and would love the help/chance to analyse or whatever. Will PM e-mail address.

tiltaholic
04-01-2005, 05:15 PM
ok. we have a crowd forming.

unless someone emails/pm's me with a burning desire start everyone off soon i'll email out a session i'll probably play sunday (will be away from poker until then). if you still want to participate but haven't yet responded, feel free to join in.

about the chosen limit... i really don't think there is a huge enough difference between 1/2 and 2/4 to warrant a seperate effort. 1/2 hands are fine too, i would say. maybe for 1/2 6max someone could start up and/or maintain a group if this turns out to work.

looking forward to this experiment...

GrunchCan
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
oops. I forgot I don't play 2/4 or 3/6 anymore. I'll catch up with yall.

Feel free to email histories to me & I'll comment. I just won't contribute my histories.