PDA

View Full Version : Implied odds make this worth continuing?

cjx
04-01-2005, 12:53 PM
5-10 Party 6 max
Im in BB. Villain is seeing every single flop, cold calling everything. Sees every showdown where he has any piece.

Villain calls, mp calls, button calls, sb folds, I check 73o.

Flop K, J, 3

I check, Villain bets, fold, fold, on me I'm getting nearly 6 to 1. I need what ~8 to 1 chase a 5 outer? I am 90% confident that he both has me now and will call a check raise and river bet if I hit. In the ~10% that he either has only a 3 or was bluffing he will check behind on the turn.

Pick a better spot? Or make the call?

cjx

Edit: fix words and stuff

Grisgra
04-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Against some players/on different textured flops I checkraise here, in this instance I call and pray for trips/two pair. Definitely think you have implied odds against this guy, and that it's not even close.

cjx
04-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Not even close huh? Damn. Well, at least I realized the oppurtunity, but I folded. Thanks.

cjx

Danenania
04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm answering yes before reading the hand.

After reading the hand--yes. You only need to make an average of 1 BB when you improve to breakeven on the call. According to your read you will make over 2. You should call this flop even if you were only getting 4 to 1 (assuming your read is correct).

By the way it is a very good omen that you are thinking in this way during a hand. Keep doing that!