PDA

View Full Version : Could Anyone Put the Sklansky-Karlson Chart in a Neat Format?

Jman28
04-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I think this is an important tool for SNGers, or at least an interesting finding. I have crappy software on my computer. Can anyone make this pretty and printable?

http://www.decf.berkeley.edu/~chubukov/rankings.html

I think a lot of peeps would appreciate it.

Thanks.

-Jman28

eastbay
04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
1) What's not neat about it?

2) It's not really a very useful result. Your opponent doesn't see your cards.

The basic idea was very important in sparking the useful generalizations that we have today, but by itself, it's really kind of historical/background interest only.

eastbay

Jman28
04-01-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) What's not neat about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It prints on 5 pages. Plus, it's not pretty.

[ QUOTE ]
2) It's not really a very useful result. Your opponent doesn't see your cards.

The basic idea was very important in sparking the useful generalizations that we have today, but by itself, it's really kind of historical/background interest only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, maybe it's not useful. I feel like it's a good way to look at hand rankings, although I realize we have better ones now too.

I also think it's a good teaching tool, and I'm teaching some friends to play.

I see what you're saying though. I don't think this is extremely important. I'd just like a nice copy of it if that would be easy for someone to make.

-Jman28

mackthefork
04-01-2005, 01:27 PM
If you have excel its very easy to do, select all on that link, copy, paste special in excel, HTML format, then you can manipulate as desired, Bobs your uncle.

Mack

curtains
04-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I think it is useful, as there are a lot of times where one might fold hands, where according to the chart they are +EV to move allin with face up, usually making them even more +EV face down.

Jman28
04-01-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have excel its very easy to do, select all on that link, copy, paste special in excel, HTML format, then you can manipulate as desired, Bobs your uncle.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't have excel. I bought me this computer just for poker, and it doesn't have much on it.

And then I broke my old computer. I think not on purpose.

-Jman28