PDA

View Full Version : transferring hand history files from one comp to another. Help please!

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 11:43 AM
I need to transfer my HH files from my other comp to my home comp, the comp Im on has a dial up but at home has a DSL, can I put th files on a disk or should I email them somehow? Please help me do this as I need to get the files out and into my PT at home. Thanks for the help in advance.

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks in advance. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

witeknite
04-01-2005, 01:33 PM
How much data are we talking about? How are the HH's stored right now? Are they in a PT database or just raw txt files.

WiteKnite

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much data are we talking about? How are the HH's stored right now? Are they in a PT database or just raw txt files.

[/ QUOTE ]

However Party automatically stores them on the computer.

Maybe 1500 hands or so.

witeknite
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
How about just zipping them up and e-mail them to yourself? The file shouldn't be that big.

WiteKnite

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Okay now Im gonna sound real stoopid. How do I do that? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Im such a moron.

witeknite
04-01-2005, 02:31 PM
What operating system are you running on both of these computers? If it's XP, you won't need anything extra. If it's <XP you need to go to www.winzip.com (http://www.winzip.com) and download and install Winzip. Let my know what operating system you are using, and I'll give further instructions.

WiteKnite

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
I think its Windows 98

witeknite
04-01-2005, 03:27 PM
You will need to get Winzip then. After you install it, you can right click on the folder that has the HH files and there should be a sub-menu called Winzip. Under that sub-menu, there will be an option for called "Add to ***.zip" where *** is the name of the folder you right clicked on. Select that option. This will create a zip file with the contents of that folder. The zip file should appear in the folder that the zipped folder resided in. Then you should be able to e-mail that file to yourself.

On your computer, you will need to install winzip as well. You can then save the e-mailed file to someplace on your hard-drive. Right click on it, go to the Winzip sub-menu, and choose the option "Extract to..." This will open a prompt asking where you want to files to go. Select a place you would like them to go. This will create a folder with the same name as the original with all the contained files in place. That should do it.

WiteKnite