PDA

View Full Version : SB making a move PF?

vanHelsing
04-01-2005, 11:28 AM
SB just joined the table, this is his 2nd hand, so no reads at all:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($105.7)
UTG ($51.53)
MP ($94)
CO ($122.9)
Button ($92.15)
SB ($102.5)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes,
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $44.5</font>, Hero ???

BobboFitos
04-01-2005, 05:43 PM
wow, this is an interesting spot.

He desn't know how frequently (or infrequently!) you raise out of the BB. SO that makes limp/raising from sb a real gamble with a good hand. Which makes me think he doesn't have a big hand.

Absent a read I'd fold this, having said that though. With thsoe 50bb stacks all in though... =0

~~

Another thing is he didn't push. He raised a (seemingly) random amount. I dont know if that gives more credit to a big hand or a fishy hand. I would love it if you pushed so we could see the hands, but I have a feeling you folded, too?

jhall23
04-01-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, this is an interesting spot.

He desn't know how frequently (or infrequently!) you raise out of the BB. SO that makes limp/raising from sb a real gamble with a good hand. Which makes me think he doesn't have a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just don't buy it. I'd be real tempted to push since this guy just bought in and made a really strange play. Looks like he took down his first pot as well, might be an action player. Yup, I think I'd say F' it and push cause his play just doesn't add up. If he has AA or KK so be it, I reload. Otherwise your either coin flipping with dead money in the pot or really good.

DyessMan89
04-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Smells like QQ.

Id fold this, but Im not sure why.

excession
04-02-2005, 05:01 AM
With no read at all I lay this down I think. Unless he's another AK I'm probably a dog and the money in the pot already barely covers the rake if I manage to win.

I'm a huge dog to AA, big dog to KK, and noticeably a dog to any of the biger pairs he migth have pushed with. If he has AK we just soplit the pot less the rake (unless he is suited and makes his flush).

If he is bad enough to make this play with AQ or something then I'll take his money off him later at less risk..

vanHelsing
04-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Not much to add.
The responders pointed out the relevant arguments.

I folded bc I wasn't eager to toss the coin with a drawing hand.
There would have been more attraction to the gambling, if I had a hand like TT-QQ.

This move still looks so strange to me.

BTW, I didn't watch his first hand, due to multitabling. Maybe I would have pushed my AK, if I had seen it:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero ($105.7)
MP ($51.53)
CO ($95)
Button ($123.9)
SB ($92.65)
BB ($100) (Villain from 1st hand)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10</font>, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: $12.50

...and he left the table immediately after these 2 games...

AncientPC
04-02-2005, 12:15 PM
People who do this sh*t almost always have a low - middle pocket pair.

This applies to people who limp / reraise all-in in LP too.