PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand with lots of action

Sulphate1
04-01-2005, 10:22 AM
Only been at the table for a couple of orbits so have limited reads. UTG seems LAG, nothing on UTG + 2 or MP3

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

After the cap pre-flop I was thinking an overpair, cap the flop ?

Turn: (14.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, UTG calls.

I went for check raise to try and jam the pot for the OESD.

River: (23.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB

Have i gone wrong anywhere ? I'm not too happy about the turn.....

Delphin
04-01-2005, 10:31 AM
I think I would cap the flop. There could be overpairs out, but AT or A9 might be betting and raising here if your opponents are LAG. A suited ace with the flush draw or backdoor flush draw also might be out.

On the turn there is a one card straight out there, but a 7 is somewhat unlikely. I like the 3-bet, and when no one caps, I think there is still a good chance you are ahead.

River is standard.

Nice hand.

itsmesteve
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
i think i'd just lead the turn. everyone is probably scratching their heads trying to figure out what's going on. . . If UTG+2 is on a draw, you just gave him a free card. I think not capping the flop is OK. I think you are almost certainly behind at this point in time and clearly aren't going to knock anyone out of the pot. I wouldn't be shocked if two queens are out, somewhat discounted your straight draw outs.

KaiShin
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Not capping the flop is OK, but I think you're lucky that UTG+1 bet the turn. Just lead this one out.

Sulphate1
04-01-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i'd just lead the turn. everyone is probably scratching their heads trying to figure out what's going on. . . If UTG+2 is on a draw, you just gave him a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG+2 has been representing an overpair all the way there is no way he is on a draw as far as I can see. He is almost certain to bet the turn after the 3-bet on the flop in my opinion.