PDA

View Full Version : AA preflop tight table?

swedeD
04-01-2005, 10:06 AM
NL $25, 6 players, tight preflop but a lot of the players have a hard time folding good starting hands after the flop, so after the flop there can be some action. I have been raising a lot preflop beetween $1 to $1,5. Most people fold. A $2 bet preflop will only get called by QQ, KK, AA or AK at this table.

scenario 1: I'm BB with AA, UTG raises $1, folded to me. What do I do? Hopes he got QQ or better and push? Limp in to take him down piece by piece if he doesn't hit on the flop? This guy is a decent player, a reraise will probably make him think that I have KK or AA or AK, but I have been stealing before and he knows it.

scenario 2: I have AA UTG and makes a raise $1, folded to button who reraises $2, SB and BB foldes. What do I do? (similar guy as before, tight preflop but weak after the flop)

scenario 3: same as scenario 2 but I just call and limp in with AA utg and the player at the button makes a $1 bet.

tbach24
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
I hope you're bossing the table every hand.

swedeD
04-01-2005, 11:16 AM
more or less... I normally try to find tables with more action. But these table can be fun too, I'm just not so used to them. I especially have problems with how to extract money with good made hands.

tbach24
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Generally at these tables, you won't find much action, but when you do, you have to push it. That way you will know your bossing capabilities. Plus if you slowplay and reach a showdown, they'll see that you are just usually trying to boss and re-steal. I love bossing.

Edit- when I say push it, I don't actually mean move all-in. I mean just try and get a lot in when you have it.

soLit
04-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I would play it like a normal hand. If they are only playing good hands, raise his ass with your a/a and im sure if hes holding a moderatly good hand 10/10 + he will call to see a flop, and if he is like you said a poor flop player maybe he will play his hand pretty deep?