PDA

View Full Version : Empire- "FREE" $10????

Smackdab
04-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Just got an email from EMPIRE telling me they have added a free $10 to my account. Of course I only need play 300 raked hands before attempting any cashout.

With the RELOAD bonus scheduled for next week I wng s wondering what effect this might have on requirements to clear that bonus.

Will I have to clear both before cashing out? If so I think I will email them back with a polite thanks but no thanks, or will the hands I play for the RELOAD count towards the $300?

I wonder if they have identified advantage players and are giving us all a free $10 to make the raked hands requirement a little tougher?

Smackdab
04-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Just checked the email for my ummmmmm wife's account. That account has also received a free $10. Important to note that both accounts have sat dormant since last bonus offer.

raccon
04-01-2005, 10:21 AM
I also got this $10. 300 raked hands required. This was cruel.

Fat Nicky
04-01-2005, 10:29 AM
yep, i got it too.

i am pretty sure if we reload on the 6th, and we don't play any raked hands til then, the 300 raked hands to clear this free $10 will be credited before the hands required to clear the redeposit bonus.

kev0ut
04-01-2005, 10:34 AM
a LITTLE tougher? this is f-ing ridiculous.

winchips
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
thats kinda what party did to me before last reload.....they gave me 20 but it was 10X, then i could play the reload. I think as some else said this is the way to get us to play more hands at thier site.

Overdrive
04-01-2005, 11:04 AM
FWIW I signed up at Empire over two years ago and the only time I have played there is during reload periods and I did not get an extra $10 put in my account. So I guess I'm good to go for the reload next week. Don't hate /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jrz1972
04-01-2005, 11:33 AM
What's the problem? Just knock down the 300 hands tonight and take your $10.

ibankonu
04-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I just checked my account, and got the GET15 popup. 15% up to $100. Can't complain there.

Acesover8s
04-01-2005, 12:04 PM
In the past you would be able to "drop this bonus" and work off the next one in its place.

SackUp
04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Ya, this is defnitely a sneaky move by Empire. It is a way to make next weeks reload have more of a playthrough. It obviously isn't a big deal if you are going to play the 300 hands anyhow, but it sure is a sneaky way to do things. Can't complain over a free $10 bucks and can't really complain that they want to make you really play at their site to give you free money. I just wish they didn't get so clever /images/graemlins/confused.gif

chesterp
04-01-2005, 12:50 PM
what a horrible april fool's joke. this is the first ever account specific reload from any skin i've gotten. great. so has anyone tried emailing them with the "thanks, but no thanks"?

steaknshake925
04-01-2005, 01:28 PM
if you dont want to do the playthru cant you just go lose it on a table and bust out the bonus?

chesterp
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
ooh. good question. also, it says that if we aren't done by the 11th we lose it. so... wait til the last day (10th) to do the april reload. don't play til the 12th at all, and you'll be fine- with 4-5 days still to clear the good one.
unless they get sneaky and extend the $10 one. possible?

emonrad87
04-01-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you dont want to do the playthru cant you just go lose it on a table and bust out the bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would not work. The bonus would still appear in your bonus account.

FlFishOn
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
One for me, a whore, another for my 'wife', similarly slutty.

THis was a great play on Empire's part, those bastards.

Rockfish
04-01-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One for me, a whore, another for my 'wife', similarly slutty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she hot? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Relax, I got the innuendo.

Rockfish
04-01-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I signed up at Empire over two years ago and the only time I have played there is during reload periods and I did not get an extra $10 put in my account. So I guess I'm good to go for the reload next week. Don't hate /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same position. I think they lost my e-mail address.

Rockfish
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
This is mathematically very similar to the Interpoker reload changes for this month. 300 hands can be played in 1.5 hrs. You're going to play anyway, right? It's not like this is going to take you away from another bonus for long enough to prevent you from getting it. It's overlay, albeit only ~$6.50 an hour at 200 hands/hr and you're playing at the biggest aquarium of them all.

I don't get all the complaining about bonuses.

Go forth and play.

Edit: Oh yeah, for what it's worth I didn't get it and I would be happy to.

chesterp
04-01-2005, 05:37 PM
well, some of us do other things beyond poker and therefore only play maybe 20 hrs/week. i could play more if i wasn't constantly reading this forum. oh well. so you can only do so many bonuses in 80 hrs. when your computer can't handle more than 4 tabling. we'd rather do other bonuses than a 30x one.
[ QUOTE ]
This is mathematically very similar to the Interpoker reload changes for this month. 300 hands can be played in 1.5 hrs. You're going to play anyway, right? It's not like this is going to take you away from another bonus for long enough to prevent you from getting it. It's overlay, albeit only ~$6.50 an hour at 200 hands/hr and you're playing at the biggest aquarium of them all.

I don't get all the complaining about bonuses.

Go forth and play.

Edit: Oh yeah, for what it's worth I didn't get it and I would be happy to.

[/ QUOTE ]

CrazyN8
04-01-2005, 07:31 PM
This is how they combat bonus abuse...force you to play 300 hands for freakin $10. Smart on their part!

EliteNinja
04-01-2005, 10:09 PM
Definitely a good way to combat bonus abuse.
I got it too.

benfranklin
04-02-2005, 03:51 AM
I sent them an e-mail asking about the effect of this bonus (EPCASHTEN) on future reload bonuses. They replied:

[ QUOTE ]
Please be informed that you will be eligible for the next available reload bonus. But the
raked hands are counted for the bonus that is issued first and once all the raked hands
for that bonus is met then the raked hands for the next available bonus is counted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning that I have to play 300 raked hands to get the $10 bonus before I can start on the normal reload bonus. So I have to complete a 30X clearing on $10 before I can start on a 7X clearing on a bigger bonus? Don't think so.

I replied that I had not requested the $10 EPCASHTEN bonus, and I wanted it removed immediately from my account. Will update when I hear back from Empire.

Jcardshark
04-02-2005, 04:14 AM

naschburger2
04-02-2005, 12:26 PM
I got 50 from party recently just before the last bonus and called and was told the 50 bonus must be completed before the 20% bonus. You can see my complaining post about a week ago.
I think this is ridiculous since you didnt ask for the 50 and it takes 10 raked hands instead of the seven. Party said if i called after completeing 1400 raked hands they would credit the 200 and take off the 50 but I completed it all. I would think empires $10 bonus would work the same way which I think stinks.

imported_turvalon
04-02-2005, 01:52 PM
I am curious to know.. are the people here who are getting the $10 bonus people who only deposit during a reload, or are some of you regular empire players regardless of whoring?

benfranklin
04-02-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am curious to know.. are the people here who are getting the $10 bonus people who only deposit during a reload, or are some of you regular empire players regardless of whoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the $10, and have not played at Empire since clearing the last reload there. I had a balance of $2.07 in my account when I got the $10.

I wrote Empire last night asking them to remove the $10, because with a new reload coming up, I would have to play 300 raked hands on the $10 before I could start clearing the reload. They replied that they cannot remove it.

x2ski
04-02-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a regular Empire player and did not receive a bonus.

EliteNinja
04-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Just cleared it.

-$110 whilst clearing
+$10 bonus

Fantastic!!! (sarcasm)

AwesomeAli
04-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Just cleared it too.

+$14 whilst clearing
+$10 bonus

I had zero funds in my account b4 they left the 10 bux in there.

It was a bit of a roller coaster ride, but I managed to double up early on and leave my initial table to sit at 2 tables with 10 bux on each, then I got up to 31 bux and sat at 3 tables, then I lost it all at 2 tables when AA and KK got cracked at same time on 2 tables and so was back to the initial $10.

So I left to have a short tantram and went back to try again and same happened again (doubled up, went to two tabels etc etc).

But I eventually cleared it and am all clear for the next re-load (which is coming tomorrow I believe)

Ali