PDA

View Full Version : KQ Turn Check Behind

toss
04-01-2005, 07:13 AM
Villain is probably the only other solid player at this table. The table overall is weak tight.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

xenthebrain
04-01-2005, 07:20 AM
I would have folded preflop. Against solid players I fold these high offsuit holdings and only play the strongest offsuit cards.
The 3-bet is even worse imo.
The turn and river are fine imo.

You could have bet out the turn, but a reraise would have been really bad. I hope he didn't reraise you on the river thou...

toss
04-01-2005, 07:23 AM
I forgot to mention that villain was aware of the fact that the table was tight and was stealing regulary.

thesharpie
04-01-2005, 07:25 AM
I think this play would be good against a dumbass, but if I'm villain I know you have at least KQ, and I'm folding the river if I have AQ or less. This is assuming he knows you're solid, which he must do if you've figured him out already.

If you had overcards or junk you wouldn't risk 2 BB on the river when you can risk 1BB on the turn.

If you know he'll bet a missed hand on the river after your turn check then it's not a bad play, but I'd just call as he could be betting AQ or better, and he's probably not going to call anything less.

Unless you have the image of a LAG, or are against someone you know will bet the turn and call a worse hand just to keep you honest, I like it.

BriPlay
04-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the post...
IMO i bet this on turn...he doesnt HAVE to have queenn withhighr kicker to call..for eg he could be on fl drawand raised with suited connectors? If he reraises...then you have a decision..I agree with other posts...raise on river is not as effective..you only get called if you're beat
Brian

btspider
04-01-2005, 12:03 PM
call the river if you do this.

if *edit* he'll call your raise with a worse hand *edit*, you probaby should have just bet the turn.

reading material A (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1633013&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=5&amp; o=&amp;vc=1)

toss
04-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks btspider for the reading material. Looks like Shillx has this line down.

This wasn't the real hand. Instead I bet the turn and villain folded. I was contemplating whether I could extract more bets from villain had I checked to induce a bluff.

So was my real line better?

milesdyson
04-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Think he's open raising really light? If not, fold preflop.

I really don't like the turn check. Why, why, why give him a free draw to two or three outs when he will probably call your bet?

edit: looks like most of my thoughts about checking the turn and then raising the river have been discussed thoroughly in btspider's hand.

btspider
04-02-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks btspider for the reading material. Looks like Shillx has this line down.

This wasn't the real hand. Instead I bet the turn and villain folded. I was contemplating whether I could extract more bets from villain had I checked to induce a bluff.

So was my real line better?

[/ QUOTE ]

i like a turn bet in this hand. in my hand, i had an aggro read so i thought a worse hand would bet the river quite frequently. he may have a 1.5 outer (PP with a diamond half the time) or no pair semi-often so i'm not giving up too much with a free card. a turn bet may still be best in my hand tho if he'll calldown with a PP.

add: my board was also very non-threatening given that he (a TAG) 3-bet PF. this should be the top 15-20% of his hands.. so freak two pairs won't be there.