PDA

View Full Version : What is your move here?

Mikey
04-01-2005, 07:00 AM
This comes from a hand I played on the internet.

I have about $400 in front of me and my opponnent has about $700.

I'm on the button and limp with 44 after about 4 limpers. The game is 2-4 NL.

My opponnent is in the SB.
BB checks.

The flop comes down

A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Its checked all the way to me.

$28 in the pot.

I bet $15.

SB calls. and everyone else folds.

Turn card is the 3 heart.

$58 in the pot.

SB checks.
I bet $30
SB checkraises it to $30.

What is your move here?

Assume your opponent is typical.

xorbie
04-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Do you mean check-raises it to 60?

I call, and let him fire away on the river again. He's drawing to a max of 4 ours with a two pair (or has an over set and you're going broke). There really are no draws besides a gutshot, and I can't see him playing that this way.

MarkL444
04-01-2005, 07:10 AM
i think i like just calling here. if the river isnt an ace of a jack, raise the river.

part of me is a little confused over whether this a "how do i get all his money" post or a "how do i not lose my stack to 52" post

jkkkk
04-01-2005, 07:15 AM
quite tricky, probably just a call and a bet on the river if he checks (and its a blank), should the three pair, i push.

MarkL444
04-01-2005, 07:21 AM
youre not raising a river blank??

jkkkk
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
quite tricky, probably just a call and a bet on the river if he checks (and its a blank), should the three pair, i push.

[/ QUOTE ]

MarkL444
04-01-2005, 07:38 AM
right, but im assuming he doesnt check. what if he bets half the pot?

jkkkk
04-01-2005, 07:52 AM
well i have a problem with 'Assume your opponent is typical' because everyone has some sort of style, however, assuming you have no reads whatsoever...

i would probably be raising this if he bets half the pot, i seriously doubt hes going to call $15 on the flop with a gut shot low straight and hes not limping in with jj/aa..

yep, easy raise.

Mikey
04-01-2005, 10:05 AM
I decided on the turn to just call.

The river card came down a 5 which put a possible straight out there.

He checked.

I value bet $40 and he called.

He turned over AJo.

Thanks for the posts the part about if the Ace or Jack pairs to not push all in.

I probably would not have pushed unless the 3 paired.

Thanks for the replies.

bingledork
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
You should reraise the turn. You want to double up here, as you are probably way ahead. If you just call the turn reraise, it will be harder to get the rest of his stack on the river. Villian's turn check-raise says he's got something he's willing to bet with, so let him. He probably has 2-pair, as AA and JJ would raise preflop.

All this underbetting/minraising isn't the way to double up.

TheCat
04-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Ok I'm posting after you given the result but I haven't looked yet, he must be holding A3 maybe A4 or possibly AJ