PDA

View Full Version : Heres a Fun One

toss
04-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Table is tight weak. Only here to bonus clear.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

I am Laggro!!!

Kumubou
04-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Nice blind steal attempt. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I like the flop bet. When the board pairs on the flop, it makes everyone missing the flop much more likely (as there are only five cards that connect with it instead of nine, along with a gutshot straight and four-flush). Since you are ahead of the vast majority of hands that bricked this flop, bet out until someone or something gives your a reason to do otherwise.

Betting this river is awful, though. He's not going away, and you beat nothing other than 33 and 32 -- you tie to anyone with a high card of 4 and get smoked by every other possible hand.

-K

toss
04-01-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you beat nothing other than 33 and 32

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats why I bet the river. Theres a good chance he was on a hopeless flush draw.

einbert
04-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I play it the same from start to finish.

thesharpie
04-01-2005, 07:39 AM
How many times is he going to be on a flush draw, though? You have one of the hearts in your hand. If he's weak tight he probably would've folded overcards earlier.

toss
04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Altough villain is a weak tightie, he would probably have bet/raised with a J. I don't think a weak tightie calls with 7 either. My only worry is that hes weakly playing AA or KK.

tomcain
04-01-2005, 08:26 AM
I think the bet on the river is terrible. Your kicker cannot possibly be good and he is clearly not going to fold.

Tom

JoshuaD
04-01-2005, 08:27 AM
I don't really like the river bet. I like the reasoning, but I think it's misapplied on the competition at .5/1.

toss
04-01-2005, 08:31 AM
What hand is he calling with?

JoshuaD
04-01-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What hand is he calling with?

[/ QUOTE ]

A/images/graemlins/heart.gifx/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gifx/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 88, 99, TT. AXo, because he "knew you were bluffing" the whole way.

tomcain
04-01-2005, 09:18 AM
I would put him on 2 high cards or a small pair. The problem with 2 pair on board, is that it will most likely come down to a kicker. The ONLY hands you can beat are 23 &amp; 33. You tie with 44 and 34. Now what are the chances of him having one of those hands. Not enough for a bet, IMHO.

JKetzer
04-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Maybe he's slowplaying the hell out of three jacks. At least it's easy to fold to the raise.

I can also see a flush draw here a whole lot. Betting on the river is basically the only way you're going to win this pot, and given your read of the table, it should succeed often enough to be a +EV move.

phlup
04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I think you should bet the river here. We are 99.9% sure you have the worst hand at this point. Therefore the only way you win is by getting him to fold.

If you think about it, there are 5 big bets in the pot. Now by betting you're giving yourself a 5:1 situation. Therefore you if you believe that he will fold at least 20% of the time, this is a smart play.

If this happend 10 times with a 20% fold:
You bet, he folds (twice): Win 10 BB
You bet, he calls (eight times): Lose 8 BB

You still have a positive expectation for this hand as long as you think he'll fold 20% of the time.

But then again I'm really new at this so I might be completely off. If you're going to rip this apart, please be kind.

KaiShin
04-01-2005, 11:14 AM
There is no way Hero is winning this hand by checking behind, so I think its OK to bet out here and think that a weak-tight villain will fold 20% of the time.

tiltaholic
04-01-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way Hero is winning this hand by checking behind, so I think its OK to bet out here and think that a weak-tight villain will fold 20% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sulphate1
04-01-2005, 11:50 AM
By checking behind you are almost NEVER going to win the hand. If you bet the weak-tight villain may fold any two unimproved cards that dont have the Ace kicker. Altho you are probly -EV by betting you its still far better than checking imo.

btspider
04-01-2005, 12:13 PM
fine.. but people love to call with Ace high here. pray for a busted draw that folds.

istewart
04-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I like the river bet. Throws a little spice into the hand, even when it invariably fails /images/graemlins/wink.gif

KingOtter
04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second what Kai said. You can't win it by checking, so you might as well bet.

Edit: er... I guess I third it, since tilt seconded it... heh

KO

FishHooks
04-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Hmm i dont know, your not going to get someone to fold a better hand, your just hoping to get called by an A high. Most people are smart enough to fold their busted draws, check/call might be best here, still unsure.

KaiShin
04-01-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm i dont know, your not going to get someone to fold a better hand, your just hoping to get called by an A high. Most people are smart enough to fold their busted draws, check/call might be best here, still unsure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should examine the hand again.

A-high is likely calling and taking down this pot. Busted flush draws with no A are what we are hoping to fold out. Betting is the only chance we have of winning the hand.

We cannot check/call the river because we're last to act. (And if we were first to act check/calling would suck a lot.)

Greg J
04-01-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats why I bet the river. Theres a good chance he was on a hopeless flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why I check this through. Is he calling you with the missed flush?

UncleSalty
04-01-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why I check this through. Is he calling you with the missed flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the point...the river just counterfeited our 2 pair, so there are only 4 cards in the deck we can beat if this gets checked through. The show of strength on earlier streets may convince a busted flush draw to fold here and win us the hand.

FishHooks
04-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I agree with the betting the flop and turn, and I wasnt paying attention to position, not sure why, Yea i would bet for value, your not going to get any pair to fold though so you figured your only gonig to get called down by a better hand.

To respond to your last comment about check/calling on river would suck if we were first to act, i beg to differ. People are so worried about betting all the time. If you bet and get called you wil likely be getting called by a better hand or even raised, now if you check you induse a bluff and trying the check raise might be the best play here.

Catt
04-01-2005, 05:12 PM
I don't think you have any other choice on the river (unless you're more than 80% sure that SB is calling you, even if he has something like Q high).

There are 5.5 BBs at stake and there is no way you win this pot if it is checked through. I'd risk 1 for 5.5 absent a read otherwise.

KingOtter
04-01-2005, 05:17 PM
But if someone is confident enough in their hand to bet out, there is no reason to call.

With the bet you're hoping for a fold. You don't expect to win if he calls. So then, why would you call when you know a call means losing?

KO

SCfuji
04-01-2005, 05:20 PM
if he was on a hopeless flush draw he folds right? if he calls the turn i dont think hes folding any lower pair that is either in his hand or on the board.

toss
04-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I think it was right to bet the flop and the turn. The river really sucked. It was either check or bet. I decided to bet and villain folded. I don't know if this play is profitable enough to work. I guess it all depends on my read of villain.