PDA

View Full Version : Bunky's Villain

stigmata
04-01-2005, 05:56 AM
I thought this might be fun - this is the reverse angle of a hand bunky posted here earlier.

Villain is... well 'nuff said really /images/graemlins/wink.gif . Had kept making set's against my pairs and was generally being my table nemesis. Maybe trying to blind steal with a marginal hand against a better player was somewhat foolhardy!

I didn't enjoy this hand one bit /images/graemlins/mad.gif Comments on all streets appreciated.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Finally, it was interesting to hear Bunky's read on me.

I have been making constant changes to my game, and thing's certainly seem to be moving in the right direction. However, I still have some way to go. With experimentation comes error.

There seem's to be a slight overlap in our playing times. So if you have picked up on anything obvious, or happen to notice anything untoward about my game, feel free to PM me, or just post it here and let everyone know what a fish I am /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Subfallen
04-01-2005, 07:49 AM
Maybe I'm weak-tight, but there is a very good chance I just call down after the flop CR (given no 8 or K showing up.) A hand with a 9 isn't folding anyway, and I can evaluate how much I want a bluff to fold after more cards are out. In any case, remember that fast-playing is the new slow-playing. You hear from a T on the flop lots and lots nowadays. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Given the 3-bet on the flop, I would check through the turn against tough/tricky players to lose the least against a T and induce a bluff on the river (i.e., I'm representing a flush draw.) Against a standard LAG, yeah, bet it. (Bunky's probably the former, no?)

stigmata
04-01-2005, 08:03 AM
On the flop, my general thinking was that he could have a whole range of hands (including the T). However, I figure he would of capped the T on the flop, or at least Stop-N-Go, because it was such a drawsy board and a ten wouldn't wan't to be giving out free cards.

Basically the flop 3-bet was because I had plenty of outs, and there was a pretty good chance he was also semi-bluffing and I wanted to keep the pressure up. I was considering following through on a non-heart rag turn, but was more likely to take a free card.

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought this might be fun - this is the reverse angle of a hand bunky posted here earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I didnt have the hand history, I forgot BB actually folded, he NEVER FOLDED!!! At least you got some respect from him /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Had kept making set's against my pairs and was generally being my table nemesis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much better to have me on your left than on your right though. Rest of the table besides us was pretty bad, nice table selection.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't enjoy this hand one bit /images/graemlins/mad.gif Comments on all streets appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was evil. Bad Bunky, Bad, Bad Bunky.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, it was interesting to hear Bunky's read on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't have much to go on, no PV but I can usually gauge a player pretty quick. You were solid, but you would call down a little light, I guess thats only against me though. A High starts looking pretty good when i'm raising all those hands.

[ QUOTE ]
There seem's to be a slight overlap in our playing times. So if you have picked up on anything obvious, or happen to notice anything untoward about my game, feel free to PM me, or just post it here and let everyone know what a fish I am

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a fish at all. Quite the contrary. Wasn't like I was looking to pick on you for sure. Its just my flop C/R will blow you off a lot of hands that you will auto bet after raising the flop. When you three bet I put you on more of a draw because you're not going to three bet me with a Ten there most of the time. Because I dont remember the last time I checkraised the flop and didn't follow up with a bet. Then again You may do it with a Ten there with the draw happy board that is right in my wheel house. I dunno, there's really nowhere you can fold though. That Queen was just nasty on the turn. You play fine and not raising QJo there is a crime. I dont defend my SB alot. I defend my BB like crazy but QJo is still way ahead of my BB defense hands.

Nice to play with you.

Subfallen
04-01-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
However, I figure he would of capped the T on the flop, or at least Stop-N-Go, because it was such a drawsy board and a ten wouldn't wan't to be giving out free cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, this is an interesting point. Would you have capped a T here in bunky's position? (I would not usually want to define my hand this clearly HU before the big bet streets. Maybe I need to re-think this?)

bunky9590
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, this is an interesting point. Would you have capped a T here in bunky's position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bunky would have played the T the same way. I'm not capping the flop. I figured the Q had to help him. if the turn was a blank I actually may have led out to represent the T as thats what stig is going to expect from me with a T. Of course, I probably stop and go and check raise the T just as often so its really hard to find out where Im at. Tricky Tricky Bunky is anything but predictable.

stigmata
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
To be honest, I don't know about capping a ten there - but I would certainly be worried about giving out free cards on that board. Against opponents who I know are capable of raising the flop and then checking the turn with a good draw, I would definately be doing something about it &amp; charging them to draw.

My thinking is possibly results orientated, as we now know that both of us were betting draws.

Re Bunky: Your probably right that I have a propensity to show down light. This is probably a mixture of things 1) Sometimes I win 2) If i have been drawing, I will often pay off at the river if I have something show-downable, esp. against an unknown and I want to know what they had, so that I can build up a better read.

However, this is something I probably need to clean up, and could save a few bets here and there.

Grisgra
04-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Don't understand preflop . . . I'm pretty sure that I fold this, and if I don't, I 3-bet it for that good-old-fashioned-folding-equity.

Against a solid player I think you have to fold the river unless you're seriously worried about image.

What do you think he raised with pf that will raise the flop and checkraise the turn with that you're beating here? Do you really think he's getting frisky with A9? JJ is the only hand I can see him playing this way that you're beating.

stigmata
04-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Not sure I totally undersand your first comment.... He didn't raise preflop?

On the turn I had top pair, and plenty of outs to beat trips, which was a distinct possibility. I agree that I perhaps should of folded the river, but I had got there, and I wanted to know what he had dammit. How was I to know he was going to post it and I would find out anyhow? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Grisgra
04-01-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure I totally undersand your first comment.... He didn't raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry, got mixed up after reading your two posts back-to-back. *He* should have raised from the SB with KJ instead of calling I think.

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn I had top pair, and plenty of outs to beat trips, which was a distinct possibility. I agree that I perhaps should of folded the river, but I had got there, and I wanted to know what he had dammit. How was I to know he was going to post it and I would find out anyhow? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree you have to call the turn. I just think that it's -EV in the *hand* to call the river. For information, sure, for image, maybe. But in raw EV for this hand, folding is better, that's all. But hey, now you know a little more about what he coldcalls with and how he plays draws/overs on the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif.