PDA

View Full Version : Choose your own adventure.

kirkt
04-01-2005, 05:19 AM
In a friendly NLH tournament with fast blinds and no rebuys, each player starts with 1k. You have played a couple good hands and now sit on 1600. Most remaining players are around 600-800 chips.

Player X, through 3 hands of varying degrees of good and lucky, has crippled two stacks and eliminated one other player and in the process acquired about 3200 chips and is hyperaggressive with a stack that size.

Blinds are 50/100 and five people have to go out before money goes into anyone's pocket. You're sitting on the small blind with Player X on the button. Player A, who is not comfortable when his stack is less than half the size of the chip leaders', goes all-in for about 600. Player X raises it 1200 from the blinds.

You look down at your cards and see AK of clubs.

What do you do?

To raise all-in, go to page 56.

To call to see a flop, turn to page 24.

To fold, go to page 65.

TheUsher
04-01-2005, 05:26 AM
So this started as 10 handed and 1 person is knocked out? I'll raise all-in so page 56!

kirkt
04-01-2005, 05:29 AM
It started as ten I think. It was a week ago.

John Hurst
04-01-2005, 01:28 PM
I choose call. Then I push allin on any flop. Against a loose aggressive big stack AK will be way ahead his range of hands. Even if you lose to the original pusher a portion of the time it's better than a fold. Plus AK suited is just so pretty.

GtrHtr
04-01-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a friendly NLH tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that?

kirkt
04-04-2005, 04:17 AM
If you call, then push or if you chose to raise all in, player X calls.

Player A turns over KJ, Player X turns over A8o.

The board is K8757.

If you raised or called, you easily coast into the money. Another slick move with AK puts you in the chip lead for heads up play. You rescue your sister and escape the fire dragon's lair.

If you fold (as I did), player X pushes one more person out and loses 90% of his chips to a skilled player over the next half hour. You lose two blind steals on ridiculous flops and are pot committed to two small stack all ins with middling cards. It rattles your game so much that the next week you make three of the worst calls of your entire life.

THE END

LeVoodoo
04-04-2005, 04:29 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif I hate stories with sad endings.
This post made me cry almost as much as A walk to remember.