PDA

View Full Version : "The call that ended my relationship"

Apathy
04-01-2005, 04:31 AM
Okay, so this isn't my best post, or even my smartest post... but I've gotta say this is my best post.

So me and my (now ex) girlfriend were playing a game of strip poker, and I knew I was going to win, but I liked to humour her both for the sake of the relationship and for my own benefit.

For the record, I opened more than 60 percent of the hands from the button (and made a continuation bet on the flop which she folded to most of the time unless she hit the flop), and thus grinded her down and won a *VAST* (she has only won one HU mathch in a year) majority of the games.

We both started with 100 chips so I raised it to 4 to go with Q9 suited from the button (1/2 blinds), a bet which (the now ex) girlfriend called.

The flop came down 10-J-K which she bet out 5 at (indicating a fairly strong hand). I raised 10 and she called (which clearly indicated that she had a very strong hand). The turn blanked out and she checked. At this point there was already over two articles of clothing worth of money in the pot so I moved allin expecting her to fold, (knowing I had the best hand) she took a long time with her decision and finally called with AK. Anyways she FLIPPED out on me and bitched me out HARDCORE when I showed her with the second nuts which were obviously good.

Anyways, she gets all mad at me for pushing because
1) she wanted the game to continue for a while simply for sport.
2) I was dominating her and she knew that I knew I was dominating her to win the pot.
3) She knew that I played poker a *little bit* more then her on a daily basis and was taking advantage of her ignorance.

So she loses it after I win the hand and tells me, it wasnt fair, it wasnt what she had in mind, blah blah, and I lose IT. I was planning on breaking up with her anyways and we had been drinking so one thing led to another and it just happened.

So this is the call that ended my relationship. Because it obviously was the last hand that I played with my now ex-girlfriend. She is certainly not known as a crazy person or a good lay-down esque person but... she totally knows the game better than a vast majority of the people who will read this.

Apathy

So who folds in this spot, knowing they have the best hand?

Can one ignore situational advantage and pot odds for a girl?

TruFloridaGator
04-01-2005, 04:39 AM
That's clearly a push /images/graemlins/grin.gif

David100
04-01-2005, 04:50 AM
she ain't playing fair! dump the bitch!

TheUsher
04-01-2005, 04:51 AM
Poooooooooosh

TruFloridaGator
04-01-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Poooooooooosh

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SuitedSixes
04-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Before I can give decide if you made a good move or now, I need to know "stack" size.

theredpill5
04-01-2005, 05:14 AM
What ended the relationship ? I don't get it. If it was a game, why did you guys break up over a game ?

David100
04-01-2005, 05:18 AM
we need to see pics of her, to decide if it was a good move or not. Naked ones too so we know if pushing is a good idea /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ponts
04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Good post, will you be together again tomorrow when this day is over? Then I would say it was a certain push!

Otherwise, I would slow played it down, girls want to take it slow, the game shouldn't be over after one single hand! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

/Ponts

skipperbob
04-01-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Before I can give decide if you made a good move or now, I need to know "stack" size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean "rack" size?

codewarrior
04-01-2005, 09:47 AM
This is clearly an April Fool's post, or you are a complete tool. But it's close... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cleveland Guy
04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is clearly an April Fool's post, or you are a complete tool. But it's close... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thinking.

Besides- if it's just you and your GF - why are you playing strip poker? and NL?

Here is how a game with my and my wife would go -

She gets 2 cards - i get 2 cards. She bets, I push all in, she calls, one of us loses, we go have sex.

mackthefork
04-01-2005, 10:00 AM
The evidence is overwhelmingly in favour of this being a joke, I mean who in his right mind would want to dump a girl who likes to get naked over a HU games of NL strip poker. You guys must think Mack was born behind the cabbage patch, if this is for real sned her over here "over here, i tell you". /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regards Mack

willie
04-01-2005, 10:12 AM
shoulda soft played her, no need to get nuts here, it's a friendly game against your girlfriend.

now you have to have sex with your hand.

jah0550
04-01-2005, 11:22 AM
So she didn't like seeing the nuts? Maybe she didn't want you to go "all-in." Oh well, back to your old, but reliable, girlfriend, fistina.
The guy with the line about going all-in with any 2 then goes and has sex with his wife made me piss my pants. Probably one of the best lines I've ever heard here.

Cleveland Guy
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The guy with the line about going all-in with any 2 then goes and has sex with his wife made me piss my pants. Probably one of the best lines I've ever heard here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - glad I could help /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cleveland Guy
04-01-2005, 11:39 AM
SOSSMAN had a great thread about poker and relationships.

You can find it here:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=1203558&f part=&PHPSESSID=

nova
04-01-2005, 12:23 PM
if it comes to poker why the relationship ended, it was probably not strong enough to continue regardless

Cleveland Guy
04-01-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if it comes to poker why the relationship ended, it was probably not strong enough to continue regardless

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying his "poker" ability wasn't strong enough to keep the relationship alive?

I guess it's time for the OP to take some viagara

The Yugoslavian
04-01-2005, 02:28 PM
You need to value call with your nuts here....literally and figuratively.

I'm pretty sure she'll be good for an allin on the river and everyone will be happy.

Yugoslav

jaybee_70
04-01-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about implied odds in a situation like this.

Joe

johnnybeef
04-01-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so this isn't my best post, or even my smartest post... but I've gotta say this is my best post

[/ QUOTE ]

canadians....

stupidsucker
04-01-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways she FLIPPED out on me and bitched me out HARDCORE when I showed her with the second nuts which were obviously good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This made me lol

raptor517
04-01-2005, 03:18 PM
you have to tell her that if she calls she has to take off all her clothes, because you have her beat. then she goes into different levels of thinking, wondering if you are bluffing. then she calls, and is more playful about it. hah. ok, so maybe that wont work. but what do i know. holla

stupidsucker
04-01-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but what do i know. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not much on the subject.. You arent even old enough to gamble... Holl-a-zing

raptor517
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
hey bro, that hurts. like deep. like a deep deep cut. that hurts a lot. and i AM old enough to gamble. so suck it. ok, not gamble legally. but still. no1 can stop MEEEEEEE. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Apathy
04-01-2005, 05:01 PM
wow I drank a LOT last night...

raptor517
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
mmm, maybe u shuld call yer girlie, cuzz, breaking up while drunk is never ever ever a good idea. juz mah 2 cents. holla

Apathy
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What ended the relationship ? I don't get it. If it was a game, why did you guys break up over a game ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what happened was that I had been thinking of breaking up with her for a little while and when she got pissed about the fact that I beat her too quickly (her own fault) in poker it just seemed like the right time so that was it.

Apathy
04-01-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Besides- if it's just you and your GF - why are you playing strip poker? and NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause its fun!?!

[ QUOTE ]
She gets 2 cards - i get 2 cards. She bets, I push all in, she calls, one of us loses, we go have sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I would do for the first couple times of the night (without the cards)....

Those people asking for pics, I wrote this when I was *pretty* drunk, but I'll never be drunk enough to post pics, youll just have to take my word for it, shes hot.

Apathy
04-01-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
mmm, maybe u shuld call yer girlie, cuzz, breaking up while drunk is never ever ever a good idea. juz mah 2 cents. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

NO no no I was pretty sober when we broke up (like 3 weeks ago) but VERY drunk when I (and my friend) wrote this last night, I didnt even remember it until I got up a couple secs ago.

raptor517
04-01-2005, 05:13 PM
bah, girlfriends cause too many problems. ive decided to move to cali and live on the beach and random hookup with a bunch of rich beach girls. bwahahahaha

bones
04-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Hello???? You play to win the game.

Apathy
04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about implied odds in a situation like this.

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds were ALL I was considering, and trust me I don't regret my decision.

And I'm not playing with my hand as one other poster suggested...I'll leave it at that.

Cleveland Guy
04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause its fun!?!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I would do for the first couple times of the night (without the cards)....

Those people asking for pics, I wrote this when I was *pretty* drunk, but I'll never be drunk enough to post pics, youll just have to take my word for it, shes hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too lazy to quote, and unquote everything but my response

Playing strip poker with your wife/GF is only "fun" if

- it's the first time
- she brings a friend (good looking)

Also - if she is now your ex, what the Heck do you care if we see the pics?

EliteNinja
04-22-2005, 06:29 PM
You should have let her win as much as possible. Keep the fish happy, to keep it +PV. Then even if you lose, you get to see her naked.

suited_ace
04-22-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, she gets all mad at me for pushing because
1) she wanted the game to continue for a while simply for sport.
2) I was dominating her and she knew that I knew I was dominating her to win the pot.
3) She knew that I played poker a *little bit* more then her on a daily basis and was taking advantage of her ignorance.

So she loses it after I win the hand and tells me, it wasnt fair, it wasnt what she had in mind, blah blah, and I lose IT...

[/ QUOTE ]

One of you (or both) should have read this book (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/034546639X/qid=1114213311/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-9446624-8777510?v=glance&s=books&n=507846). Just don't repeat my mistake of actually *giving* the book to your (ex)girlfriend.