PDA

View Full Version : What's the cost of living in Las Vegas?

BusterStacks
04-01-2005, 04:04 AM
How much does it cost for like a nice apartment? Cheaper than southern California?

radek2166
04-01-2005, 04:18 AM
link (http://www.reviewjournal.com/realestate/apartments/)

Matty
04-01-2005, 04:20 AM
better link (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cost+of+living&btnG=Google+Search)

BusterStacks
04-01-2005, 04:22 AM
I would think you guys would a a little more helpful, as in telling me what neighborhoods are good, how close I would want to be to the strip, etc.

Matty
04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
We're supposed to read your mind now?

BusterStacks
04-01-2005, 04:28 AM
you're a douche, you should be able to infer that I'm asking for more info than the literal cost of a place

radek2166
04-01-2005, 04:28 AM
I mive in Henderson My company pays for the appartment. ~900 a month. Gas 2.37 a gallon in NV. They are selling apts as condos 1 bedroom ~100k.

I am 7 miles from the strip. The drivers suck. I just heard on TV 2 nights ago that Vegas is the second most expensive city in the SW. I tried to find the link.

What else do you want to know?

Dont live by the strip traffic is horrid.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you're a douche, you should be able to infer that I'm asking for more info than the literal cost of a place

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone elaborate? Do you see y?

BusterStacks
04-01-2005, 04:29 AM
do you like it there? how does it compare to other (sunny) places you have lived?

radek2166
04-01-2005, 04:45 AM
I am just here for work. I have lived in Phoenix for the better part of 14 years. I prefer Phoenix. Its cheaper frind bought a house in Peroia AZ 2700sq ft 250k Same house here probably ~400k. I was talking with a guy I work with he agrees that Phoenix is cheaper.

I really like Phoenix. Vegas has its pros and cons just like anywhere. You can goto the bar here 24/7 kinda neat. VP in mostly every bar. IMHO Vegas is having alot of growing pains. The roads are very interesting. It looks like whoever painted the lines spent a bit to much time in the bar before hand.

the question is how do I like it its OK. Kinda expensive IMHO. Phoenix was a big shock to me. I moved to Phoenix from Pittsburgh. I had never seen so many fences. People stayed to themselves. It took a while to meet new people. It took awhile for me to adjust to Phoenix.

I am sure Vegas will be the same. I have been in this complex since Feb 9th. I have only seen about 6 people outside other than in the car. In all honesty the weather has been terrible this year very rainy. I have never seen the desert so green. I am sure thats part of it. Usually by this time of year its in the high 80's low 90's. It has yet to reah 85 this year to the best of my knowledge.

I would recomend Phoenix. TT is probably better to ask which one he likes better.

Where i live I have a beautiful view of the strip. If I had a digital camera I would take a picture.

If you have any question let them fly I will answer as best I can. I am going to go get a beer right now.

Tyler Durden
04-01-2005, 05:02 AM
You used Phoenix many times in that post.

radek2166
04-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I suck at putting chit into type.

Michael Davis
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Hey Buster,

I am likely making the move to Vegas soon. I have just started my research, but essentially it seems possible to get a decent apartment for $500 in Las Vegas, and &750 will have you living well. These may be slight underestimates, but not by much.

If you are interested in the housing market I could provide a little information. Admittedly, I am not the best source for this stuff, but it really looks like apartments run about 1/2 price against their Southern California (L.A. at least) counterparts.

-Michael