PDA

View Full Version : do you believe in.....

TStoneMBD
04-01-2005, 04:02 AM

mantasm
04-01-2005, 04:07 AM
life after love?
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough

Matty
04-01-2005, 04:19 AM
magic in a young girl's heart
How the music can free her, whenever it starts

wacki
04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
Who is that in your avatar grey? I've seen that pic before but I can't place it.

Matty
04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
John Stuart Mill

Matty
04-01-2005, 04:50 AM
More people voted "not likely" on aliens than voted "I think so" on god. wtf goes through these people's heads?

siccjay
04-01-2005, 05:07 AM
There is more proof of aliens then there is of god.

Matty
04-01-2005, 05:21 AM
That's what I'm saying. I expect the people who believe in god to think aliens are unlikely ... but apparently there are others out there who don't believe in god, yet still think aliens are unlikely. It is those people I don't understand.

Jezebel
04-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Where is the option for NO. We are not all wishy washy and need an option for "NOT SURE". Either believe it or don't. Playing the middle groung of NOT SURE is for school girls who want to keep their boyfriend happy but not have to give it up.

TStoneMBD
04-01-2005, 05:53 AM
noone knows for certain any of the above. the only people who could claim that they know something for sure are the people who have personally seen aliens/ghosts/witches/god, unless you want to argue that they have had hallucinations. so dont tell me that you know that there are none of something listed, because you simply do not.

brassnuts
04-01-2005, 05:55 AM
I expected more agnostics.

Matty
04-01-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
noone knows for certain any of the above. the only people who could claim that they know something for sure are the people who have personally seen aliens/ghosts/witches/god, unless you want to argue that they have had hallucinations. so dont tell me that you know that there are none of something listed, because you simply do not.

[/ QUOTE ]pussy

Jezebel
04-01-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so dont tell me that you know that there are none of something listed, because you simply do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case then you should have listed Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy since none of those can be conclusively disproved either.

Personally, I think the ancient greeks had it right all along. Why settle for logical reasoning when you can make up great stories with stuff that is impossible to disprove.

Hail Zeus.

siccjay
04-01-2005, 06:10 AM
I'm surprised there are such a small amount of people who believe in ghosts here. I voted "I think so." I believe I have seen proof. Am I positive, no, but me and a couple other people that were with me are pretty sure.

Catch of the Day
04-01-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply not true.

Catch-

Catch of the Day
04-01-2005, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect the people who believe in god to think aliens are unlikely ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you expect this. I voted yes for Gee-O-Dee, and yes for aliens...FWIW.

Catch-

siccjay
04-01-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simply not true.

Catch-

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you are wrong.

Matty
04-01-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I expect the people who believe in god to think aliens are unlikely ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you expect this. I voted yes for Gee-O-Dee, and yes for aliens...FWIW.

Catch-

[/ QUOTE ]24 years of experience being a preacher's son.

Catch of the Day
04-01-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
24 years of experience being a preacher's son.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats the case, then I will be the first to say it...

PWNED...

Catch-

Catch of the Day
04-01-2005, 06:38 AM
Okay, proof, maybe not unequivocal proof, but plenty of evidence. Much more so than that of aliens, to which I would dare to say there is no proof. I guess we are both wrong on this one then.

Catch-

[edit] wait, unless you had been abducted for the last 24 years...Then again, I will bow out, and say that I am truly sorry for all the probing that you might've undergone.

TStoneMBD
04-01-2005, 10:34 AM
to interject, i have a ghost siting, and some heavy religious sitings as well.

no alien/witchcraft sitings, but i find them likely to be true.

you guys are very quick to disregard the possibilities in such things, but there are logical people like myself who have had some encounters.

Jman28
04-01-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
to interject, i have a ghost siting, and some heavy religious sitings as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you be willing to share the details of these on the forum? or have you already? or via PM? I'm very curious about things like these.

-Jman28

willie
04-01-2005, 10:47 AM
i saw god

it was a radiant female.

i was dosed out on mushrooms on a beach in amsterdam though.

shakingspear
04-01-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm really surprised about the ghost response. I think there's more proof of ghosts than anything else questioned.

apd138
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm really surprised about the ghost response. I think there's more proof of ghosts than anything else questioned.

[/ QUOTE ] I think I just heard the word proof groan.

shakingspear
04-01-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just heard the word proof groan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you've never seen Ghost Dad.

xadrez
04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I believe in "ghosts" I guess. However, I dont necessarily believe they are conscious beings or entities.

I am more inclined to believe it is something akin to a fingerprint. Things one cannot usually see, however under the right circumstance there is something there and whatever it is can be felt, seen, heard, etc.

I have a photograph (as well as the negative) my father took the day he married my mother. It was in the city hall in stockholm, sweden. My father asked if he would be allowed to enter a locked off area of the building to take a photo of the statue, the judge obliged and when the film was developed a lady's face, all white, can be clearly seen on the bottom. Its freaky as hell, and of course is not definitive proof, but I have no explanation and neither does my father.

Also had some weird experiences in a hotel in New Mexico owned by a friends family...

JoshuaD
04-01-2005, 11:17 AM
No, Yes, No, No.

mostsmooth
04-01-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe in "ghosts" I guess. However, I dont necessarily believe they are conscious beings or entities.

I am more inclined to believe it is something akin to a fingerprint. Things one cannot usually see, however under the right circumstance there is something there and whatever it is can be felt, seen, heard, etc.

I have a photograph (as well as the negative) my father took the day he married my mother. It was in the city hall in stockholm, sweden. My father asked if he would be allowed to enter a locked off area of the building to take a photo of the statue, the judge obliged and when the film was developed a lady's face, all white, can be clearly seen on the bottom. Its freaky as hell, and of course is not definitive proof, but I have no explanation and neither does my father.

Also had some weird experiences in a hotel in New Mexico owned by a friends family...

[/ QUOTE ]
can you post said picture?

M2d
04-01-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the question wasn't "does...exist?" is was "do you believe in...?" therefore, definitive answers should have been included. wishy-washy "I think so" type answers indicate that the poll taker doesn't know what's going on in his/her own brain.

xadrez
04-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Mostsmooth,
Let me try and find a scanner this weekend if I have time...otherwise, PM me your email and Ill try to send it within the next week.

TStoneMBD
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
link to my religious experience (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=psych&Number=1916416&Forum =All_Forums&Words=enlightened&Searchpage=0&Limit=2 5&Main=1916246&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1266 9&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&old ertype=&bodyprev=#Post1916416)

as for ghosts, ive only had 1 encounter, but it was definitely vague and quite possibly some sort of hallucination because it happened so fast. the religious experiences are no doubt reality.

when i was living with my mother and my sister, i was walking with my sisters upstairs to go to our bedrooms. i turned down to look at the bottom of the staircase for whatever reason, and a white blur the size of a person zoomed across the floor through one room into the other. it didnt really have a shape, other than that it was somewhat rectangular. when it zoomed across the floor i heard a rather loud buzzing noise. i looked over to my sister to see if we had shared the same experience, and it was apparent that she did not see what i had. i didnt bother to go back downstairs to get a better look if it was still around, i went straight into my room.

this is not an april fools joke btw.