PDA

View Full Version : Scott Fischman's WSOP UB chat.

Daliman
04-01-2005, 02:39 AM
Not sure when it was, I guess when his NL hold'em win was televised, Scott Fischman had a online chat during the show that was recorded here. (http://www.ultimatebet.com/learn-poker/article.html?articleID=74) He actually makes a few astute observations, but MAN does he make some stupid comments also. Here are a few;

[ QUOTE ]
Pozdol: So, what's the deal with the crew, do any of you guys have real jobs?

A: No we all play for a living.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> Actually, at least one of you steals/borrows for a living. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Jackson: Which poker book has been most beneficial to you?

A: I have never read one page of a book....I have taught myself with the help of friends and online and hours played.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> I can't imagine this could adversely affect his play. Only thing a book could teach you is odds, right? </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Severa: What are the odds of getting a flush when your hole cards are suited??

A: 24-1 to flop a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> BZZZT! Wrong answer, not once but twice. First, he asked how often you GET a flush,(which is about 15-1), not flop a flush.Second, to FLOP a flush, the correct answer is 118-1(so says S/S). Almost any idiot knows flopping a flush DRAW is about 8-1, you really think it's only 3x less likely to flop the flush?!? I guess maybe you should read a few books. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas Keller: Scott, how did the two tournaments you won in the WSOP this year compare with one another?

A: Well they both meant a lot for sure...but the HORSE was like the one that shows I can PLAY and play well....also shows I am no one hit wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Definitely not a one-hit wonder. A TWO hit wonder more like it. (Actually, this one was just TOO easy. I'd guess he's a fairly solid tourney player. Maybe though much of his success just cames from playing alomst every tournament around and other than his WSOP take, he's not that far ahead. But maybe not.) </font>

[ QUOTE ]
yt cracker: By this time did you have awada pretty well read?

A: Yes I had many reads on him...he was a tell bag

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Funny, from what little was shown, he outplayed the HELL out of you. For being such a tellbag, he sure seems to do well in tournaments. Of course, maybe only YOUR astute eye could pick his bag up. Hacks like Marcel Luske and Nick Frangos couldn't pick that bag up with a strap, obviously...</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Starwood: The AK play a little donkey?

A: The 55 call a little donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Yes, making the right read, call, and play on you, which was as obvious as the day is long, was HEE-HAW as hell. Kinda like you check raising him top/weak before that, and then when he calls you, leading out allin. He played you like a fiddle, and you got lucky, simple as that. I'd take Joe Awada vs you ANY day, and expect good returns. </font>

Just when I was starting to cut his image some slack in my mind,(and I'm sure he was thrilled!...), I read this garbage.

None of this should be surprising though from the guy who said in 2 years of dealing he witnessed EVERY SINGLE THING THAT CAN OCCUR at a poker table...

Brunger
04-01-2005, 04:00 AM
agreed when I saw the board double pair and counteirfeit awada I puked in my mouth. That was a great call. This guy is such a gas bag.

TonyS0pran0
04-01-2005, 05:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure when it was, I guess when his NL hold'em win was televised, Scott Fischman had a online chat during the show that was recorded here. (http://www.ultimatebet.com/learn-poker/article.html?articleID=74) He actually makes a few astute observations, but MAN does he make some stupid comments also. Here are a few;

[ QUOTE ]
Pozdol: So, what's the deal with the crew, do any of you guys have real jobs?

A: No we all play for a living.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> Actually, at least one of you steals/borrows for a living. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Jackson: Which poker book has been most beneficial to you?

A: I have never read one page of a book....I have taught myself with the help of friends and online and hours played.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> I can't imagine this could adversely affect his play. Only thing a book could teach you is odds, right? </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Severa: What are the odds of getting a flush when your hole cards are suited??

A: 24-1 to flop a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> BZZZT! Wrong answer, not once but twice. First, he asked how often you GET a flush,(which is about 15-1), not flop a flush.Second, to FLOP a flush, the correct answer is 118-1(so says S/S). Almost any idiot knows flopping a flush DRAW is about 8-1, you really think it's only 3x less likely to flop the flush?!? I guess maybe you should read a few books. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas Keller: Scott, how did the two tournaments you won in the WSOP this year compare with one another?

A: Well they both meant a lot for sure...but the HORSE was like the one that shows I can PLAY and play well....also shows I am no one hit wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Definitely not a one-hit wonder. A TWO hit wonder more like it. (Actually, this one was just TOO easy. I'd guess he's a fairly solid tourney player. Maybe though much of his success just cames from playing alomst every tournament around and other than his WSOP take, he's not that far ahead. But maybe not.) </font>

[ QUOTE ]
yt cracker: By this time did you have awada pretty well read?

A: Yes I had many reads on him...he was a tell bag

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Funny, from what little was shown, he outplayed the HELL out of you. For being such a tellbag, he sure seems to do well in tournaments. Of course, maybe only YOUR astute eye could pick his bag up. Hacks like Marcel Luske and Nick Frangos couldn't pick that bag up with a strap, obviously...</font>

[ QUOTE ]
Starwood: The AK play a little donkey?

A: The 55 call a little donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Yes, making the right read, call, and play on you, which was as obvious as the day is long, was HEE-HAW as hell. Kinda like you check raising him top/weak before that, and then when he calls you, leading out allin. He played you like a fiddle, and you got lucky, simple as that. I'd take Joe Awada vs you ANY day, and expect good returns. </font>

Just when I was starting to cut his image some slack in my mind,(and I'm sure he was thrilled!...), I read this garbage.

None of this should be surprising though from the guy who said in 2 years of dealing he witnessed EVERY SINGLE THING THAT CAN OCCUR at a poker table...

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott Fischman = Luckbox....

I have seen him entered in every 10K buy in since and not one final table.. I wouldn't say anything if this guy wasn't always talking about how good he is. Those beats he put on Awada were sickening in the WSOP. The way he was talking to Doyle Brunson during the main event was sickening as well. If I was at that table he would of gotten an ear full about respect and just shutting his mouth. Just another punk kid in my book. Him, Dutch Boyd and Brett Jungblutt should all drive off a bridge and rid us of their garble.

CCx
04-01-2005, 09:57 AM
http://www.chaoticconcepts.com/haterade2.gif

oreogod
04-01-2005, 10:25 AM
I really hope you guys enjoy ganging up on an ignorant poker player whose who game plan is entirely based on luck. I mean, sheesh, what ever makes u happy.

PS. If you hold two suited cards, you will flop two or more of that suit 7.48 to 1, not 8 to 1, I mean if we're gonna really make a dig at the guy u should get your info right.

EDIT: For those who dont pick up the finer sarcasms in courier type, this was made in jest. Seriously though 7.48 to 1.

Daliman
04-01-2005, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really hope you guys enjoy ganging up on an ignorant poker player whose who game plan is entirely based on luck. I mean, sheesh, what ever makes u happy.

PS. If you hold two suited cards, you will flop two or more of that suit 7.48 to 1, not 8 to 1, I mean if we're gonna really make a dig at the guy u should get your info right.

EDIT: For those who dont pick up the finer sarcasms in courier type, this was made in jest. Seriously though 7.48 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Almost any idiot knows flopping a flush DRAW is about 8-1

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, "about" is equal to exactly .52 in either direction /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Russ McGinley
04-01-2005, 12:20 PM
SEVEN! SEVEN! AHHHHHHHH BLARGGGGEDY BLAAAAH!!!

drewjustdrew
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Almost any idiot knows flopping a flush DRAW is about 8-1

[/ QUOTE ]

Strangely enough, "about" is equal to exactly .52 in either direction /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about taking some of your own advice? He was describing a DRAW, not "two or more of that suit".

drewjustdrew
04-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Oops, i linked to the wrong poster. I hate when others do that and I did it myself. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sponger15SB
04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

willie
04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
definitely haterade

the guy had an amazing wsop, do you honestly think he doesn't know how to play?

he's a cocky mf but he's definitely a really good player.

Daliman
04-01-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where/how am I hating on him? I'm pointing out actual stupidity.

Daliman
04-01-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
definitely haterade

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said he couldn't play.

Yes, he DID have an amazing WSOP.

He is very likely a very good player, but not DEFINITELY.

You guys really need to learn what hating on really is....

Voltron87
04-01-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definitely haterade

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO Dali's right about the semantics of hating on someone.

Dali is just saying he's not an amazingly good poker player and pointing out mistakes he has made.

If Dali was insulting him more personally, saying he's got no style, his girlfriend was ugly, or if Dali was spreading false rumors, he would be hating on him. Dali's attacks against Fischman are not haitng in themselves (sp?) but they might be evidence of real hating waiting to happen.

d1sterbd
04-01-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definitely haterade

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only legitimate point I see in this thread about Scott Fischman is that he says stupid things and he is arrogant. Was he lucky? The winners of most major tournaments were lucky along the way. It is definitely not fair to call him lucky or a two hit wonder or anything else that suggests that he can't play.

-d1sterbd

Daliman
04-01-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definitely haterade

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only legitimate point I see in this thread about Scott Fischman is that he says stupid things and he is arrogant. Was he lucky? The winners of most major tournaments were lucky along the way. It is definitely not fair to call him lucky or a two hit wonder or anything else that suggests that he can't play.

-d1sterbd

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read the whole post, you'd see 2-hit wonder was a joke. I know he was lucky, and I know that all tourneys winners get luck, and I never suggested he can't play.

Daliman
04-01-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definitely haterade

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dali is just saying he's not an amazingly good poker player and pointing out mistakes he has made.

If Dali was insulting him more personally, saying he's got no style, his girlfriend was ugly, or if Dali was spreading false rumors, he would be hating on him. Dali's attacks against Fischman are not haitng in themselves (sp?) but they might be evidence of real hating waiting to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, for all I know, may be an amazingly good poker player. His results are impressive, he just acts like a goober at times. And he wonders why he doesn;t get much respect in the poker world...

otnemem
04-01-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
definitely haterade

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. Hating would be if you said something like, he wears really douchey sunglasses. Or if you commented on the fact that he tries to make his voice very gruff and pro wrestler-like to make up for six or seven inches in height. Or if you mentioned that you think he's a total a$shole for the comments he makes in his Card Player column about dealer fumbles.

b0000000000m
04-01-2005, 02:59 PM
I think you're losing it, Daliman. This thread, not to mention this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=gossip&amp;Number=2052846&amp; Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main =2045530&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=182&amp;datera nge=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=w&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp; bodyprev=#Post2052846). What's going on man?

BreakEvenPlayer
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Big deal. Looks like he didn't put much effort into this online chat. You're being a nit Daliman.

Jax_Grinder
04-01-2005, 07:54 PM
I agree that this guy appears to be a complete tool (based upon available evidence from televised events and print reporting - i have never met the guy). That said... Fischman (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player_results_Scott_Fischman.html)

$736,000 in 24 months is quality play, however you cut it.

But, until I see differently, hes still an ass.

CrazyN8
04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
his cardplayer articles aren't bad, either.

Not that this is saying much but far better than P. Hellmouths (I know - sp), "I out played so and so but lost the hand but then I won the tourney" or "I got busted out when so and so got lucky but they won the tourney" articles.

ThreeBeers
04-01-2005, 09:21 PM
I find it interesting that most on this board assumed Scott was down or at most even in Tourneys. The guy acts like a tool, but he can play.

ThreeBeers

MicroBob
04-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I stood behind him line on the PPM IV cruise at the little 'miscellaneous-crap' shop.

He was buying a Twix bar I believe. I was buying AA batteries.

It was truly a life-chanigng experience.

Also...he really is pretty short. I'm only 5'6" and I think I had an inch or 2 on him....but I might have been wearing taller shoes.

I'm glad I was able to contribute my own personal experience to this discussion.

Voltron87
04-01-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I stood behind him line on the PPM IV cruise at the little 'miscellaneous-crap' shop.

He was buying a Twix bar I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

........ This changes everything. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ClassicBob
04-01-2005, 10:59 PM
I saw him at Cheetahs. Then I continued looking at boobs.

lighterjobs
04-01-2005, 11:23 PM
he can obviously play, but he says some ridiculously stupid [censored]. on his website he talks about the final hand of the HORSE tournament. he won it in limit hold'em with 88 because he said that's his favorite hand. after a two overcard flop he keeps re-raising his opponent until he is all in and for some reason the guy played Ax and dumped his chips to him. he said he "felt it". and he talks about how the 55 was a donkish call? moving all in on a ragged board after a preflop raise is about as donkey as it gets.

shaniac
04-01-2005, 11:32 PM
I wonder what inspires the kind of vitriol that would result in a post which took as much to compose as your obviously did. Not to mention all the time you spent observing this 'goober' chat on UB. Ever heard the term "Playa Hater"?

Hate it or love it, Scott Fishman is easily and by far the most impressive young (if not overall) tournament player in the world. He plays every variety of poker and plays it well. He happens to also be a decent, down to earht guy from my limited contact with him (and where, exactly, have you heard him pleading for respect in the poker world?) and his results are not impresive, they are mind-blowing.

It's really easy to pick apart someone's chat the way you did and exponentially harder to perform as well as Scott does so consistently. I just cant figure out why you're not trying to accomplish the latter.

Shane

Daliman
04-01-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you're losing it, Daliman. This thread, not to mention this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=gossip&amp;Number=2052846&amp; Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main =2045530&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=182&amp;datera nge=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=w&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp; bodyprev=#Post2052846). What's going on man?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

curtains
04-02-2005, 12:14 AM
Calling him easily the most impressive young poker player is going quite a bit overboard. I don't agree with you, and I'm sure there are plenty others who don't as well. For example I'd much rather back Thunder Keller than him (Also Thunder writes very good CP articles).

gumpzilla
04-02-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Calling him easily the most impressive young poker player is going quite a bit overboard. I don't agree with you, and I'm sure there are plenty others who don't as well. For example I'd much rather back Thunder Keller than him (Also Thunder writes very good CP articles).

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you be basing this decision on?

Daliman
04-02-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what inspires the kind of vitriol that would result in a post which took as much to compose as your obviously did. Not to mention all the time you spent observing this 'goober' chat on UB. Ever heard the term "Playa Hater"?

Hate it or love it, Scott Fishman is easily and by far the most impressive young (if not overall) tournament player in the world. He plays every variety of poker and plays it well. He happens to also be a decent, down to earht guy from my limited contact with him (and where, exactly, have you heard him pleading for respect in the poker world?) and his results are not impresive, they are mind-blowing.

It's really easy to pick apart someone's chat the way you did and exponentially harder to perform as well as Scott does so consistently. I just cant figure out why you're not trying to accomplish the latter.

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy nut-cradling Batman!

Ok, let's go back over this.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't exactly call it vitriol, but perception, reality, yadda, yadda... The time it took me was insiginificant, as is this time; it's something I do while 4- tabling SNG's. Sometimes I surf, other times I chat. Still other times I espouse vitriol. If you read correctly, you would see I looked at a transcript of his "goober" chat. And hate the game, not the playa.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Mike Mizrachi, Thomas Keller, Gavin Griffin, and even our very own 19-year-old Justin Bonomo might have a bit to say about asily and by far the most impressive young tournament player in the world. And while his results ARE impressive, mind-blowing is reserved for Negreanu's 2004 alone. I don't really know how many tournaments he enters a year, but I'd guess it's alot, and probably a lot more than yer average pro. I never said he sucks. I said in my opinion he may not be as good as appears. He may be as good, too, but his short-term results are far from "proof". The main reason I read the chat was because a friend of mine said he wwas hanging out with him in LV and Scott ain't a bad guy. We all say stupid things, and act stupid at times, hell, even me /images/graemlins/smile.gif . I don't remember stating he was looking for respect, but as a poker columnist for Card Player, he should have SOME interest in not looking like a classless punk, which is what most observers look at him as, fair or not. This chat was a chance for him, as a representative of UB, to help rehabilitate his image a bit, and he talks about a class act and top player like Joe Awada as if he were a donkey, gives out false info, and for reasons unknown to me, flat-out-lie about comething that barely matters(he said he never plays above 5-10 online, which is false; I've played 15-30 and 10-20 with him plenty of times per-WSOP...Why even lie about that???). A golden opportunity missed. But hey, he's young, and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Things I say/post are picked apart all the time here. It's called accountability. When I'm out of line, I'll step forward and take it like a man, and have on more than one occasion. Not saying that Scott doesn't, just saying that those in the public eye must be aware of the image they project.

I do accomplish the latter; just on a somewhat smaller scale. I actually may have won more $$$ in tournaments than SF did last year. Now, I also almost assuredly spent more in entries than he did, but your parting comment is pretty silly. Some of us have families to attend to.

curtains
04-02-2005, 02:17 AM
Just look at what Keller writes, finally an author who actually knows something writing in that magazine. Ok there are maybe 2-4 others that I like, but most of the regular columnists don't contribute much of value IMO.

shaniac
04-02-2005, 02:36 AM
I called him the most impressive young tournament player, and I stand by it because his ability to perform well in games other than NLHE (check his results at Commerce and Tunica) sets him apart from his peers.

In any event, I'll remain more impressed by him than anyone else in the 18-25 age bracket for now. And as for writing content, I guess I'll have to pay more attention to Thunder's column before rendering an opinion.

Shane

shaniac
04-02-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But hey, he's young, and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really interested in acting as Fishman's PR rep, Daliman, but suffice it to say, I think Scott is actually an intelligent and humble young man, regardless of how he came off in the publicized moments that rubbed you the wrong way.

Your devotion to chronicling his bad behavior seems a bit strange.

Shane

curtains
04-02-2005, 02:50 AM
It's okay if you think hes the most impressive young player, as he obviously has some good credentials, but the way you stated it made it sound as though it was simply a matter of fact.

shaniac
04-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Well that's because I believe that hyperbole is easily and by far the best possible way of expressing any thought or series of thoughts in any given situation in perpetuity.

Shane

Daliman
04-02-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But hey, he's young, and hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really interested in acting as Fishman's PR rep, Daliman, but suffice it to say, I think Scott is actually an intelligent and humble young man, regardless of how he came off in the publicized moments that rubbed you the wrong way.

Your devotion to chronicling his bad behavior seems a bit strange.

Shane

[/ QUOTE ]

Intelligent, yes.
Humble, no.
Devotion, no.

As said many a time before, I just suffer fools badly, and I don't stray from controvery or confrontation. Contentious discussion is +EV.

Daliman
04-02-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This has since been corrected. COMPLETE misread by me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Daliman
04-02-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hate it or love it, Scott Fishman is easily and by far the most impressive young (if not overall) tournament player in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the full context of this comment before. Shaniac, you are seriously delusional.

cruzer1169
04-02-2005, 05:11 AM
No disrespect to Scott Fishman's play ,he is obviously a talented and well-respected player and deserves full credit for his accomplishments, but I think he has poor attitude and I was ready to stangled him at the big limit hold'em event in commerce held in febraury.
This event is the one of the biggest limit hold em events, because of the 1 million dollar prize pool. Obviously,many people are attracted to this event,so the field will be enormous. Anyway,it was getting deep into the tournament with about 40-50 players left and we were 15 hours into the tournament. People were exhausted and discussions starting forming when will we stop. One of the players from the table stated that in previous years,they stop at 27 players left. But this idiot, Scot Fischman objected and wanted to play until the final day was formed. Not only was he inconsiderate to the rest of the field, he was a target for other players to gun for. Since only one was necessary, the tournament formed the final table at 9:30 in the morning, 18.5 hours after the start time. By the way, Scott was second in chips when he decided to upset the whole field, and barely finished in the money. Next time, keep your mouth shut.

oreogod
04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also...he really is pretty short. I'm only 5'6" and I think I had an inch or 2 on him....but I might have been wearing taller shoes.

I'm glad I was able to contribute my own personal experience to this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought your name was a cleaver aliteration...you literaly are Microbob -- still I enjoy your posts, I dont usually give short people my time of day (unless they have breasts).

EDIT: Another finer (or not) sarcasm of courier type. Seriously though, i do enjoy your posts.

the alex
04-02-2005, 06:35 PM
1.) There is no more "Crew." To associate Fischman with Boyd in the present tense is an insult to Fisch.

2.) [ QUOTE ]
Only thing a book could teach you is odds, right?

[/ QUOTE ]I'll bet that he's skimmed books, but realize that this guy knows the odds. There are only 52 cards. The odds could be figured out by a 6th grader. He was a dealer before becoming a poker player after he developed rhumatoid athritis. You'll learn more there than from any book.

3.) [ QUOTE ]
A TWO hit wonder more like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is David Sklansky a THREE hit wonder.Scott Fischman's results are right here for you (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player_results_Scott_Fischman.html). Not to mention that he's very respected and plays a lot of cash games.

Smoothcall
04-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Many of the players on the world poker tour are overated and not that good. Why pick on Scott only. You could go down the list of famous players that say stupid thing and dont play poker that good. There must have been more to the story to call him out. He insulted you onliine or somehting or your joe awada(the donkey) just kidding.

Punker
04-02-2005, 07:29 PM
No offense, but I don't like Keller's articles. He wrote one recently that was almost comical. Every time it was his action and someone bet, he basically listed every possible hand the guy might have and then called.

eg.

"I thought he could have flopped a straight with K-Q or 8-7 and slow-played the flop, so I wasn’t sure that my set of sixes was good, even though I had a huge hand. I also was concerned that he could have a bigger set, although I would have figured him to bet a hand as vunerable as a set on the J-10-9 flop. I also thought it was likely that he was trying to pick the pot up with a big draw like the A Q, or with even fewer outs since the flop had checked around."

"I figured that my overpair was probably good, but that he may have aces or kings or have flopped a set."

"I thought he may be making a big bluff with A-K or A-Q, hoping I would fold an underpair like eights or nines, or even an A-10. I also thought he could be protecting a big hand like aces, kings, a set, or possibly A-J, with which he would have turned top pair."

Fine, I understand that this may have been his actual thought process on these hands, but to me they just look like he lists every hand possible and then never really tries to decide which one the guy probably has.

curtains
04-02-2005, 07:34 PM
It just shows that even great players usually don't know exactly what someone has. You usually can try to assign percentages to certain hands, which is basically what he's doing.

Punker
04-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Where does he assign these percentages? He just ends up saying "I dunno which one he has, I call".

Smoothcall
04-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Who is he well respected by? Just curious.

Daliman
04-02-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many of the players on the world poker tour are overated and not that good. Why pick on Scott only. You could go down the list of famous players that say stupid thing and dont play poker that good. There must have been more to the story to call him out. He insulted you onliine or somehting or your joe awada(the donkey) just kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I'm an equal opportunity picker. I'll call out anyone for anything I choose to, and have on several occasions, right and wrong. On several occasions, I havebeen called out myself, and I take my beatings like a man and defend myself where necessary. Scott just SO often makes himself look bad.

Smoothcall
04-02-2005, 08:22 PM
As far as his arrogance and all that. Alot of poker players(especially young ones) have gone through, and still are, very arrogant because of the success and semi-fame they have recieved through poker. For instance Daniel N. But overall i dont think he's a bad guy. Never rubbed me the wrong way.

Daliman
04-02-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.) There is no more "Crew." To associate Fischman with Boyd in the present tense is an insult to Fisch.

2.) [ QUOTE ]
Only thing a book could teach you is odds, right?

[/ QUOTE ]I'll bet that he's skimmed books, but realize that this guy knows the odds. There are only 52 cards. The odds could be figured out by a 6th grader. He was a dealer before becoming a poker player after he developed rhumatoid athritis. You'll learn more there than from any book.

3.) [ QUOTE ]
A TWO hit wonder more like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, is David Sklansky a THREE hit wonder.Scott Fischman's results are right here for you (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player_results_Scott_Fischman.html). Not to mention that he's very respected and plays a lot of cash games.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. This is just stupid. He was part of the crew, and the most visible member the past year. When you hitch your trailer to a horse, expect to get blamed for manure.

2. What part of
[ QUOTE ]
A: I have never read one page of a book

[/ QUOTE ]

did you not understand? There are only 52 cards? Oh, that makes all odds calculations easy, huh? Quick, what are the chances of a player winning with a backdoor heart flush only vs top pair with no hearts in his hand? There's only 52 cards, it should be simple....
/images/graemlins/confused.gif
3. No. Sklansky is only a 30-year wonder. Also, how obvious do I have to be for people to realize that was a JOKE. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

This may come in handy sarcasm detector (http://www.sarcasmdetector.com)

Sponger15SB
04-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Daliman stop being such a troll.

You're wrong, just let it go and move on.

curtains
04-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Wrong about what?

the alex
04-02-2005, 09:15 PM
1.) None of them like Dutch anymore except for his own brother, Rod. Remember Gank's e-bay ad in response to Dutch's?

2.) What I meant is that the odds aren't esoteric. They're very simple, relative to the rest of what it takes to be a consistently winning player.

3.) He's read portions of books and everything's spoon fed on forums and strategy sites. He doesn't want people to think that they were a large portion of his influence and he told a little white lie, probably, just as Daniel N. Devilfish, and Ivey say. Unger said that he never read a book at all, let alone poker books. There's no real NEED to read books. I'm not downplaying books and math. I'm just saying what I'm saying.

4.) You looked so deeply into my post, but how about looking deeply into the link that I posted as well.

Daliman
04-02-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Daliman stop being such a troll.

You're wrong, just let it go and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I'M being a troll, and I'm wrong. From you, quite the compliment.

Go bang another friends ex-girlfriend.

Daliman
04-02-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1.) None of them like Dutch anymore except for his own brother, Rod. Remember Gank's e-bay ad in response to Dutch's?

2.) What I meant is that the odds aren't esoteric. They're very simple, relative to the rest of what it takes to be a consistently winning player.

3.) He's read portions of books and everything's spoon fed on forums and strategy sites. He doesn't want people to think that they were a large portion of his influence and he told a little white lie, probably, just as Daniel N. Devilfish, and Ivey say. Unger said that he never read a book at all, let alone poker books. There's no real NEED to read books. I'm not downplaying books and math. I'm just saying what I'm saying.

4.) You looked so deeply into my post, but how about looking deeply into the link that I posted as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seen the link before; commented on the link before, in this thread even. He plays lots of tourneys, and looks to have had success even disregarding WSOP 2004. I've never denied this. Also, is HE respected, or his play?

Sponger15SB
04-02-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you promise to go broke and whine about it to everyone.

Also, your reply was exactly as I expected. Troll.

Daliman
04-03-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you promise to go broke and whine about it to everyone.

Also, your reply was exactly as I expected. Troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be waiting a long time for me to ever go broke, Spongy. Sorry I can't oblige. Get used to disappointment.

Glad to see yer so omnicient.

"Troll"'s the best ya got, huh?

trying2learn
04-03-2005, 12:37 PM
i know i'm realitvely new to the boards, but this is the first i've seen outright disrespect between two posters...can't we all just get along? seriously...nothing needs to go this far.

at least vince and pp's feuds are witty and funny.

Sponger15SB
04-03-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll be waiting a long time for me to ever go broke, Spongy. Sorry I can't oblige. Get used to disappointment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? Well I just had sex with your wife!

Kaz The Original
04-03-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is called kidding on the square.

d1sterbd
04-03-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. he is even shorter than he looks on TV. I didn't see him after the second day on the cruise. I am pretty sure Barry Greenstein could kick his ass.

-d1sterbd

Daliman
04-03-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? Well I just had sex with your wife!

[/ QUOTE ]

She's in a coma... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CrazyN8
04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. he is even shorter than he looks on TV. I didn't see him after the second day on the cruise. I am pretty sure Barry Greenstein could kick his ass.

-d1sterbd

[/ QUOTE ]

with his Jedi mind tricks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oneeye13
04-04-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so if i were to call him short fischman, would that be hating? (seriously, dude is 4-11)