PDA

View Full Version : Interesting MTT Strategy

logogg
04-01-2005, 02:27 AM
I played in the Empire 25K tonight and had the supreme misfortune of playing with a guy called "Fadeintoyou".

His strategy was simple ... let the clock run down on every possible decision point before he made it. This is not an exaggeration ... EVERY decision from him ticked off 30 seconds. I think he literally just wanted to anger the table.

After my first table broke up ... *poof* ... I'm at a new table with him again. Damn. After 2 hours, I believe I counted 60 total hands played ... less than 1/2 of what the other tables were getting in.

I assumed that I, along with almost everyone else at my table, was doomed because we weren't building our stacks as fast as the rest of the field.

Interestingly, by the time this jackass busted out (in 87th out of 350), the whole table was below average chip count (not good), but no one at the table was a dominant chip stack (good?). So as we approached the bubble, there was no chip bully pushing people off of blinds or out of pots. There was near-perfect distribution of chips, blinds, and pots across players.

So, while Fadeintoyou won nothing, at least 4 or 5 of the other 9 people from this painful-to-play-at table hit the money, including me (squeaked in to 38th with 40 paid). Some of them still in it as I write this.

So, while I will be sure to murder myself if I ever sit a table with him again ... maybe he's on to something. It would be a short one, but he should write a book.

ninjaunderwear
04-01-2005, 02:29 AM
The book would be 30 pages long, but the first 29 pages would be blank. Then, just when you think the book is over, there would a little bit of content on the final page.

Roman
04-01-2005, 02:29 AM
Ive seen one of these on pokerstars. Just dont let it tilt you.