PDA

View Full Version : PT Stats Checkup

scotty34
04-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Alright, here is a bit of quick background info. Just started bonus whoring at the end of January. Started playing 1/2 at the cryptos with $100 roll (huge mistake, but luckily I finished up there with about $500 after bonuses). Thought this would be a good time to invest some of the winnings in PT (best move I ever made). So then I head over to Paradise and clear Granny at .50/1 and was killing the game (small sample however). Next to the Party skins where I again played .50/1 for a while and was killing it for about 4BB/100.

My roll was getting pretty big by this time, well over the 300BB for 1/2. I briefly tried 1/2 (this was a little less than a month ago, and didn't really like it because it was so tight. I heard rumours that 2/4 was actually softer, and I had the roll, so I gave it a shot. At first I was doing pretty well, but ran into a massive downswing, and finished my first 5K hands there at -1.6BB/100. It seemed that I was just taking a lot of bad beats and running really bad, but I'm not sure, I'm not good enough for it yet. So anyways, after losing about $400 or so, I figured it was best to move back down to 1/2 and learn the proper way, even if I was actually beating 2/4, but just running bad. Also the roll wasn't exactly adequate anymore.

So I move back down to 1/2, and begin to frequent the micro forum. I feel I have learned more about my game in the last 2-3 weeks than I have in any other time period. I still haven't actually read SSH (its ordered and on the way). I've logged about 10K hands in the last two weeks at 1/2, and I thought I'd post my stats here for a checkup. I definetly feel like I am beating this game, but I have also been getting good cards. For any of the really observant posters, maybe you could combine these stats with the advice I've been giving and asking for on hands over the past couple of weeks to see if you can spot any major leaks.

VP$IP 18.02
VP$ISB 27.97
PFR 8.39
AF 3.16
BB/100 2.70

Fold SB to Steal 82.14
Fold BB to Steal 65.12
Attempt to Steal 19.03

Won $ WSF 34.41
WSD 32.94
Won $ at SD 48.55

Any important ones I'm missing?

Thanks, I appreciate any and all input.

NAU_Player
04-01-2005, 02:13 AM
When SSH gets there, stop playing until you have finished reading it. Best thing I ever did (pokerwise)

Also look into Hold em poker for advanced players (HEPFAP) for after SSH. Amazon has it cheap.

NAU_Player
04-01-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PF Raise %
Total AF

scotty34
04-01-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PF Raise %
Total AF

[/ QUOTE ]

They are there

[ QUOTE ]
PFR 8.39
AF 3.16

[/ QUOTE ]

NAU_Player
04-01-2005, 02:19 AM
OOPS

focusing too much on the 2+2 table

stats look good /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Won $ at SD should be up around 55 if i remember correctly)

jnalpak
04-01-2005, 12:00 PM
dont mean to hijack but whats an acceptable AGGRESSION for a rock-good player.....5?

davelin
04-01-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont mean to hijack but whats an acceptable AGGRESSION for a rock-good player.....5?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good heavens no. It should probably be between 2-3.

jaxUp
04-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Your stats look pretty good to me your AF is pretty high, but still reasonable. your W$SD is quite low, but your WTSD seems fine....weird. This could mean you're running bad, or sticking aroun in some bad spots and folding a bit where you shouldn't be. You can probably decide which it is for yourself.

As for the advice you give out, I think you are kind of a poster like me at the present time: able to give out pretty good advice, not one of the premium micro posters, but experienced enough not to make too many [censored]-ups either.

I highly recommend a stop-in at 1/2 6max for maybe 10k hands or whatever to get a handle on the SH game. It's a lot of fun if you like the chance to get aggressive, and don't mind a bit of variance.