PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, fold top pair against straight draw?

sbu97
04-01-2005, 01:23 AM
A friend of mine and I started a weekly heads up match against each other to work on our heads up play, tonight we had our first match. I don't really know him enough to tell what kind of player he is. Each of us buy in and start with 50 chips, blinds 1 and 2. I would say I am a TAG, and need work on heads up play, especially playing the weak hands that one has to. The following hand happened:

Hero: 40 chips
villain: 60 Chips

I, on the button, with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif raise to 6, Villain calls. Pot 12.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Villain bets 6, I raise to 18, villain calls. Pot 36

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villain puts me all in. Pot now 50, offering about 3 to 1, but losing would mean losing the match, or course. I went on to win the match, but I won't tell you yet if I won this hand yet.

What to do on this hand?

Surfbullet
04-01-2005, 03:01 AM
FYI:This forum is frequented mostly by limit players, so you may not get much of a response..

Also, in my limited no-limit and heads-up experience, it will likely be more enlightening if the two of you start off with more than 25 bets each, as it will become an unsophisticated all-in battle over the blinds once one of you gets short-stacked at all.

Surf