PDA

View Full Version : Am I Wrong?

IggyWH
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
Am I wrong for wanting the Pope to die so I can see the smoke?

Beerfund
04-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Huh?

IggyWH
04-01-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Pope dies, they set off black smoke. When they select a new Pope, they set off white smoke.

Beerfund
04-01-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Pope dies, they set off black smoke. When they select a new Pope, they set off white smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn something new everyday. I now, am also eagerly awaiting this strange phenomenom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gaming_mouse
04-01-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet. will they have a video of this?

prizminferno
04-01-2005, 12:06 AM
Watch EuroTrip

White smoke! They've elected the new pope!

pshreck
04-01-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Learn something new everyday. I now, am also eagerly awaiting this strange phenomenom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go burn something.

theredwave
I never knew of this as well until I watched Eurotrip.

IggyWH
[ QUOTE ]
I now, am also eagerly awaiting this strange phenomenom. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds bad that I'm eagerly awaiting this... but I grew up in the Catholic church and went to Catholic grade school. They always made it out to be a real special deal and since the last time people saw the smoke was '77, I've never had the chance to see it.

I'm not big into organized religion but I'm eagerly awaiting the smoke.

IggyWH
04-01-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet. will they have a video of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've been taught, the smoke is a HUGE deal and since it happens so rarely, it'll be shown all over the news when it happens.

mason55
04-01-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The people voting can't leave until they select a new pope. So if the vote fails, the burn the ballots with something to give off black smoke so that every one knows. If they pass a 2/3rd majority then they burn the ballots with something to give white smoke so every one knows a new pope is on his way.

Church traditions are really interesting.

Beerfund
04-01-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go burn something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the same. I wanna see the pope smoke. I bet it forms special shapes.....

BWebb
04-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Is it sad that everything I know about the Catholic Church and the Pope I learned from Eurotrip and The DaVinci Code?

Emmitt2222
04-01-2005, 12:24 AM
The people voting are the cardinals if anyone is interested. And in answer to the question I think its going to be a terrible day when the Pope dies because he was such a fantastic pope and it would be tough to top him, but it would be nice to see him out of pain. It will be interesting to see the electing of a new pope when it happens though because JPII has been the only pope of our generation [if you are under 25] so most of us haven't seen it.

prizminferno
04-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Pope smoke (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/prizminferno1/EuroTrip002.bmp)

Beerfund
04-01-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pope smoke (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/prizminferno1/EuroTrip002.bmp)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that what it really looks like? Freakin weak! I was expecting like a huge mushroom cloud or something. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

prizminferno
04-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Eurotrip screenshot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmbt0ne
04-01-2005, 12:58 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Is it sad that everything I know about the Catholic Church and the Pope I learned from Eurotrip and The DaVinci Code?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're Catholic. Is it wrong that everything you know about Jainism is nothing? No.

tworooks
04-01-2005, 12:59 AM
watch Eurotrip. They have white smoke in that.

GrekeHaus
04-01-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
watch Eurotrip. They have white smoke in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was on Showtime last night.

90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

zephed56
04-01-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The people voting are the cardinals if anyone is interested. And in answer to the question I think its going to be a terrible day when the Pope dies because he was such a fantastic pope and it would be tough to top him, but it would be nice to see him out of pain. It will be interesting to see the electing of a new pope when it happens though because JPII has been the only pope of our generation [if you are under 25] so most of us haven't seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you bet on this anywhere?

Dantes
04-01-2005, 05:56 AM
I'd hate to try to handicap that

Phoenix1010
04-01-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am squarely in this boat as well. It's not sad. Clearly these two products are both fun and educational.