PDA

View Full Version : Shoot me now ...

Scuba Chuck
03-31-2005, 11:44 PM
You think I would have learned.

Ok, my instincts were right, but I don't know what I'm doing sometimes. (obviously) My thoughts were that I want to see a cheap showdown. Thougbts on all streets welcome.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t745)
BB (t845)
UTG (t1480)
MP1 (t525)
MP2 (t1245)
CO (t860)
Button (t2300)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t30, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t120) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t100</font>, MP1 folds, Button folds, Hero calls t100.

<font color="blue"> Perhaps this is wrong, but my instincts tell me a 7 would check here or bet less. And I doubt it's JJ+. Any thoughts?

I got stuck here though. I didn't put him on a hand. I only put him on AT. Very poor of me. What hand are you putting villain on?</font>

Turn: (t320) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t125</font>, Hero calls t125.

<font color="blue"> Man, reviewing this hand is ugly. I'm turning into a calling station. My thoughts were that I wanted/hoping to see a cheap showdown. </font>

River: (t570) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t590 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t490 (All-In).

<font color="blue"> I should fold here, but this is a good learning lesson, and this would be a good 2+2 post.... </font>

Final Pot: t1650

Final Results
<font color="white"> Villain had 88 </font>

TheUsher
03-31-2005, 11:48 PM
BAD BEAT POST!(@*&amp; /images/graemlins/grin.gif If you put him on AT then why'd you call the flop bet knowing you were beat? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously though, this is exactly the way many players play 88/99 and even 66 sometimes. You lost to a 2 outer, no biggie. Get used to it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Seems like the perfect hand to be way ahead/behind though.

Oh and uh, try betting the turn next time when that innocent 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif comes. If you get raised you're screwed and should dump it.

Degen
03-31-2005, 11:50 PM
IMO ... very weak-tight

I like to bet this flop and fold to a raise...ANY RAISE. This is not a strong hand. Get away from this early and cheap.

I think the one thing me and you do agree on is the need to remain timid in the early going...but this is a little too timid. At least throw a bet out there on the flop.

Degen

raptor517
04-01-2005, 12:31 AM
bwahahahahahahahahaha. dirty. i hate calling stuff down though. i would have to pop in a raise at some point. actually, in a 109, i would probably just fold. cuz i dont really play on level 2. hah.

curtains
04-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Putting the BB on ATo is illogical anyway, as they are the BB. From the BB there is no reason they shuold have an ace kicker if they happen to have a ten.

If you do plan to call your opponent down and call any and all bets, than this isn't the worst time to do so. Against your opponent's hand, your play actually extracted the maximum from your opponent up until the unfortunate river.